2018-2019 University of Massachussetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed on 12/19 and I also just received that "Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Massachusetts Medical School!" email, followed by another 10 minutes later saying "Sasseville, Tina M would like to recall the message, "Fact sheet---Office of Financial Aid"."

I'm really trying not to get too excited because it's definitely a mistake of some kind. I emailed Brenda to ask her if she knows anything about it but please keep us updated if anyone else who received the email hears anything!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 12/19 and I also just received that "Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Massachusetts Medical School!" email, followed by another 10 minutes later saying "Sasseville, Tina M would like to recall the message, "Fact sheet---Office of Financial Aid"."

I'm really trying not to get too excited because it's definitely a mistake of some kind. I emailed Brenda to ask her if she knows anything about it but please keep us updated if anyone else who received the email hears anything!
It was a mistake I just got another email saying so.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on the email.

Family gave me a congratulations hug and everything. *sigh*

Any chance Brenda replied?

Any chance Brenda replied?
Okay so Brenda just called me in reply to my email.

All she told me was that the emails were sent out in error, and the person who sent the emails grabbed the wrong list instead of the list she meant to send them to. She said everyone feels awful about it but to stay tuned as we will hear back on the normal schedule we are meant to!

Best of luck to everyone and sorry to anyone who got their hopes up! We will know soon enough.

Okay so Brenda just called me in reply to my email.

All she told me was that the emails were sent out in error, and the person who sent the emails grabbed the wrong list instead of the list she meant to send them to. She said everyone feels awful about it but to stay tuned as we will hear back on the normal schedule we are meant to!

Best of luck to everyone and sorry to anyone who got their hopes up! We will know soon enough.
Anyone know what the normal schedule is

I got the email too, but I haven't interviewed yet so I knew it was a mistake automatically. Just curious: anyone else that hasn't interviewed yet receive the email?

I got the email too, but I haven't interviewed yet so I knew it was a mistake automatically. Just curious: anyone else that hasn't interviewed yet receive the email?

+1, interview scheduled for Jan so I figured it was a mistake. Hoping we’ll see that email for real in a few months

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how late the last interviews are scheduled?

Members don't see this ad :)
IS resident here with radio silence since beginning of August +pity+

Hey, really excited to have gotten an acceptance here! (interviewed 11/14, oos). The email makes it sound like if I accept the offer (which expires in 2 weeks) I won't be able to hold out for another acceptance--seems really final? Is this true? Am I like totally committing if I keep this spot?

Hey, really excited to have gotten an acceptance here! (interviewed 11/14, oos). The email makes it sound like if I accept the offer (which expires in 2 weeks) I won't be able to hold out for another acceptance--seems really final? Is this true? Am I like totally committing if I keep this spot?
You can hold on to other acceptances until April 30th, where you commit to one school on AMCAS and withdraw from the rest of your accepted schools (you can still remain on waitlists but must hold only one acceptance after this date). The $100 deposit is just to hold a spot in the upcoming class, but it’s non-binding (in your acceptance email, it should say something like “your deposit is refundable up until April 30th”). Search google for 2019 AMCAS Traffic Rules/Choose Your Medical School Tool and familiarize yourself with it. Congratulations on the acceptance!

Last edited:
You can hold out for other acceptances until April 30th, where you commit to one school on AMCAS and withdraw from the rest. The $100 deposit is just to hold a spot in the upcoming class, but it’s non-binding (in your acceptance email, it should say something like “your deposit is refundable up until April 30th”). Search google for 2019 AMCAS Traffic Rules/Choose Your Medical School Tool and familiarize yourself with it. Congratulations on the acceptance!
Thank you so much! <3 The wording made me a little nervous!

Received an OOS II today! Pleasantly surprised and so welcome. They gave me a date towards the end of Feb. LM ~70, WARS ~85, non-trad. Really excited to explore this school on interview day!

Edit: Complete date in November

Last edited:
Received an OOS II today! Pleasantly surprised and so welcome. They gave me a date towards the end of Feb. LM ~70, WARS ~85, non-trad. Really excited to explore this school on interview day!

Also OOS and received mine today :) Really looking forward to it!

II yesterday for late Feb!! I'm feeling nervous as I've never done an MMI before...anyone have good resources or suggestions to prepare for it?

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard anything yet?

II yesterday for late Feb!! I'm feeling nervous as I've never done an MMI before...anyone have good resources or suggestions to prepare for it?

I found these videos really helpful:

There's also this book, which is half fluff, but helps explain quite a bit about the process and includes some good practice scenarios towards the end:

Amazon product

Looking for more resources as well if anyone has any other thoughts! Much appreciated!

Interviewed mid-December and haven't received the "still under consideration" email yet. Hoping it's just because of the holiday break--anyone else?

Interviewed 10/10 and got the "still under consideration" email on 11/15 and have heard nothing since. I'm OOS (unsure if that has anything to do with it) - do people think I should call admissions and ask about what's going on or should I just wait it out?

Interviewed 10/10 and got the "still under consideration" email on 11/15 and have heard nothing since. I'm OOS (unsure if that has anything to do with it) - do people think I should call admissions and ask about what's going on or should I just wait it out?

When I applied last year, I was interviewed in September, got the under consideration in January, and was rejected in April (I'm OOS as well). I called them three times post-interview to check in, and each time I was met with "Just sit tight the adcom is still reviewing your app." You're welcome to call in case your particular situation is different, but you'll probably get this same response...

I called because I interviewed late August and haven't heard a peep since the under consideration email in late September. She said no news means nothing, you just have to be patient. Which I find a little ridiculous seeing as I interviewed almost 5 months ago but nothing else I can do I guess

I called because I interviewed late August and haven't heard a peep since the under consideration email in late September. She said no news means nothing, you just have to be patient. Which I find a little ridiculous seeing as I interviewed almost 5 months ago but nothing else I can do I guess

Same! I interviewed literally the first day and have not heard a n y t h i n g

How do you guys go about preparing for questions on healthcare policy?

And I'm not sure if you're allowed to disclose this but were there any healthcare policy questions in your interview?

Anyone know anything about sending thank you/update letters post-interview? They didn't seem to mention anything on interview day.

I sent a quick note thanking the committee in general for a great interview day.

Accepted MD + PURCH via e-mail just now, interviewed mid December

Reactions: 5 users
Any chances of receiving an II this late in the cycle from here? Completed 7/9

Reactions: 3 users
I just emailed it to admissions. Emailing to Brenda is fine as well

Accepted today!! Interviewed back in Sept and was put on continued consideration. Does anyone know if they match scholarships from other schools? I loved UMass but idk if its worth the cost

Just got the under continued consideration email! Interviewed 12/14.