2018-2019 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why have an admissions/interview tracker on your website if you don't update it.... It's been two and a half months since they last updated their tracker.:D

They’ve updated the tracker in the past month, just forgot to update the date.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They’ve updated the tracker in the past month, just forgot to update the date.
They haven’t. I posted a screenshot of the tracker a month ago here, and the numbers are exactly the same.

Last edited:
So what phone number do they call with? Because I don't remember ever giving them one.

Whatever you posted as your contact info on your AMCAS. They also send an email so if you're using burners to try and stay off the grid you'll still find out lol don't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
They haven’t. I posted a screenshot of the tracker a month ago here, and the numbers are exactly the same.
They haven't updated the tracker in the past month. However, they did change the tracker after Nov 19 and did not update the date.

Updated stats soon after Nov 19, 2018:
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.25.03 AM.png

Updated (current) stats posted sometime in late Dec:
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 10.17.57 AM.png

Just got II, OOS, LM70.

Reactions: 3 users
I improvised 5 interviews and earned 5 acceptances. Even though I was joking in my earlier post, scripted responses are even worse than improvisation! In fact, improvisation skills are the basis of a strong MMI performance.
I think it depends on who you are. If you're either an extrovert or have low levels of anxiety, this would totally work (I would argue that this whole process seems to select for the extroverted and those with low levels of anxiety though). If you're more introverted or anxious I would think scripting your responses would help with self-efficacy. But you'd have to practice out loud enough times to not SOUND scripted. I'm more extroverted and less anxious myself, so I actually prefer the go-with-the-flow method. I also dont think introverts or anxious individuals make worse doctors, so I'm not a fan of the interview process at many schools and especially MMIs.

That being said, Colorado seemed less stressful than most, so I think all personality types could be successful here.

Reactions: 3 users
Looking like the CU dream is about to be shattered. feelsbadman.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
600-700.

Edit: 600-700 *spots* for interviews. I expect they may send more IIs if/when applicants withdraw from IIs.

that's actually not too bad, depending on how many interview offers were accepted/declined.

Does anybody know how many total acceptances Colorado gave last year to fill their class?

326 acceptance offers (from 642 interviews)

Anyone have insight to how many acceptances come from their alternate list?

Just got my rejection email. This was my dream school. I checked my status every day. +pity+:(

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II rejection via email, complete 08/2018

Edit: IS

Last edited:
Other people out there that haven't heard anything also?

Has anybody heard about how much waitlist movement CUSOM expects this cycle? As well when we should expect to receive an update about our waitlist position?

Rejected today... I am angry and confused.... Not sure what they are looking for. I am certainly not conceited enough to expect an interview at any school but just looking at other posters here I feel that my overall application was solid.

Rejected today... I am angry and confused.... Not sure what they are looking for. I am certainly not conceited enough to expect an interview at any school but just looking at other posters here I feel that my overall application was solid.

I am so sorry. Honestly we don’t really know how this whole process works... at the end of the day they only have a certain number of spots and have to pick... they make up their own rules. But, hey, don’t be discouraged!!!! It will all work out.
Mind sharing when you interviewed?

I am so sorry. Honestly we don’t really know how this whole process works... at the end of the day they only have a certain number of spots and have to pick... they make up their own rules. But, hey, don’t be discouraged!!!! It will all work out.
Mind sharing when you interviewed?

That's the issue they never gave me the opportunity to interview

Pre II rejection today. Good luck to all of you in medical school and beyond!

This is my problem too. I also felt qualified to receive an interview here and it was very frustrating seeing OOS students with lower stats interview here. I know its not all about the stats but still...not even an interview from my home state school?

Reactions: 4 users
This is my problem too. I also felt qualified to receive an interview here and it was very frustrating seeing OOS students with lower stats interview here. I know its not all about the stats but still...not even an interview from my home state school?
I am IS Colorado and didn't get an interview too. I felt like I was somewhat competitive stats wise etc. Graduating with my Ph.D. this May too working in cardiovascular regenerative medicine. Im honestly not sure what school's these days are looking for! It's easy to be discouraged but I know that we will all find the school we are meant to be at :)

Reactions: 6 users
Do we think there are any interview spots left?

Oh I misunderstood you. Well, I know they look for a very specific profile, lots of teamwork/leadership...but, again, dont take this too personally and do not give up!!

Do we think there are any interview spots left?
If there are, it is just a few. At this point, it looks like the rest of us are just waiting for our turn to get an R email.

Pre-II Rejection email today as well. IS, Colorado Native. Completed secondary early August.
Has me wondering if I bombed the CASPer haha.
Accepted to OOS allopathic med school, but CU was top choice

Rejected pre II, in state as well