2018-2019 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for all the replies!!! This might be a silly question, but did you all wear a suit to the interview? I wanted to make sure I am not over or under dressed for it... I assume a full suit is the way to go tho(?) Thanks!
Yes full suit with a jacket and tie.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed here this past Monday. I would definitely recommend attending the interview if you get one. The facilities were great, while the faculty, and campus feel were all very positive and I liked the interview day a lot, only downside was the relatively high price of tuition.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here this past Monday. I would definitely recommend attending the interview if you get one. The facilities were great, while the faculty, and campus feel were all very positive and I liked the interview day a lot, only downside was the relatively high price of tuition.
Also interviewed here on Monday 10/22. Genuinely enjoyed talking to my interviewers. Other faculty was great as well. Very positive experience. Anyone who has questions, feel free to ask :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II on 10/29 - any tips?!
Be yourself. My interview was very conversational and even enjoyable. Don't try to be someone you're not. The interviewers are interested in YOU. Also, plan on having a long day. They're not wrong when they say expect to be on campus until 3pm.

How many interview dates are there for November and did anyone recently receive any II for November?

How many interview dates are there for November and did anyone recently receive any II for November?
I just received a II today for 11/5 or 11/19. So it seems like there are 3 so far.

I just received a II today for 11/5 or 11/19. So it seems like there are 3 so far.
Nice! Congratulations! When did you receive a completion email? And seems like they have an interview every mondays.

Also interviewed here on Monday 10/22. Genuinely enjoyed talking to my interviewers. Other faculty was great as well. Very positive experience. Anyone who has questions, feel free to ask :)

Congrats on the interview and all! Kinda random question, I have my interview on 11/12, how was the town where the campus was at? I know that it is a pretty small town but I was really curious lol. I am an international student so I move around a lot, and although I know that I'd probably just be on campus studying most of the time, I wanted to have a general idea of the town itself. Anything to do around? tracks? Parks? Sorry if its random haha I feel like it's an important factor though!

Congrats on the interview and all! Kinda random question, I have my interview on 11/12, how was the town where the campus was at? I know that it is a pretty small town but I was really curious lol. I am an international student so I move around a lot, and although I know that I'd probably just be on campus studying most of the time, I wanted to have a general idea of the town itself. Anything to do around? tracks? Parks? Sorry if its random haha I feel like it's an important factor though!
Not random at all. I agree, it's an important factor. If you're used to city living, this town may not be for you. I come from a smaller area, so it wouldn't be a terribly drastic change for me. At the interview they tell you a ton of things to do around the Hudson river valley and the Middletown area. Lots of trails for hiking/running. They noted several local eateries that are well known. They also provide a travel brochure for that area of NY. If you have time before or after your interview, you could drive around town and check it out. In fact, I encourage you to do so. I went to check out ORMC (Orange Regional Medical Center), the hospital where many rotations take place, and it's a fairly sizable hospital. Not huge, but sizable. I really enjoyed the interview experience overall, and I wish you the best of luck on your interview and future endeavors!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an II last year in March but wasn't able to attend it due to a family medical emergency...It happened the Friday before my interview so it was a very short notice given on my part. Do you think they'll give me a chance this year? I'm afraid I may have ticked them off :(

I got an II last year in March but wasn't able to attend it due to a family medical emergency...It happened the Friday before my interview so it was a very short notice given on my part. Do you think they'll give me a chance this year? I'm afraid I may have ticked them off :(
I don't see why it would be an issue. If you're a good candidate, they will see that and hopefully be understanding of your previous extenuating circumstances. Besides, if they're not understanding that big life events are more important than school, it might not be a place you'd like to attend anyway. Based on my interview experience, all the faculty and staff are great and should be understanding. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Have an interview here on 11/5!! Does anyone have any tips for interview day, remember any specific questions asked, have any comments about how they liked the school/general impressions, etc.? So excited for this opportunity!

Have an interview here on 11/5!! Does anyone have any tips for interview day, remember any specific questions asked, have any comments about how they liked the school/general impressions, etc.? So excited for this opportunity!
Congratulations on your interview! When did you receive the II and complete email? Also mind sharing stats?

Good luck on your interview!

Has anyone from the 9/17 interview received a decision yet? It was mentioned that we would be contacted by email 4-6 weeks after the interview, but it's the middle of week six and I have had no communication... Not sure if I should call them yet

Congratulations on your interview! When did you receive the II and complete email? Also mind sharing stats?

Good luck on your interview!

I received the II on 9/17 and was complete 9/14! ~3.65 cGPA, ~3.5 sGPA, MCAT score of 504, and the usual extracurriculars such as clinical hours, research, volunteering, etc. Thank you so much!

I don't see why it would be an issue. If you're a good candidate, they will see that and hopefully be understanding of your previous extenuating circumstances. Besides, if they're not understanding that big life events are more important than school, it might not be a place you'd like to attend anyway. Based on my interview experience, all the faculty and staff are great and should be understanding. Best of luck! :)

You're so right. Thanks!!

Has anyone from the 9/17 interview received a decision yet? It was mentioned that we would be contacted by email 4-6 weeks after the interview, but it's the middle of week six and I have had no communication... Not sure if I should call them yet
I don't think they've released any decisions yet, I asked someone that goes there and they told me they begin releasing decisions in November. Hopefully, that is true!

I remember at the interview hearing that deposit would be due within 2-3 weeks after given an acceptance. I wonder why they aren't following these guidelines:

"Colleges of osteopathic medicine may begin extending offers of admission at any time after the interview. Applicants will be asked to submit necessary matriculation documents, including a deposit, according to the following AACOMAS traffic guideline schedule:

Those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14.
Those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days.
Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days.
Those accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.
After May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges."

Interviewed on October 15th. I was informed that I would hear back by Tuesday afternoon or early Wednesday morning

Interviewed on October 15th. I was informed that I would hear back by Tuesday afternoon or early Wednesday morning
I interviewed the 22nd. Hopefully we both hear back soon then. I wish you the best of luck!

this upcoming Tuesday? I also interviewed the 15th but I don't remember them saying that!

Just FYI, Middletown does not reject many interviewees. I asked Frank earlier this year about how the application process was going this year. He said they know who they want to accept based on the applications but that some applicants don’t reflect what is on their application. I’m guessing it means if your essays state that you are in the business of helping others but you say in your interview that your draw to medicine is your interest in medical science, you might not pan out. Ton of the applicants I interviewed with are in my class so I think the interview is just to verify that your application reflects what you say in your interview. They interview late and only interview once a week so they don’t have room to send out as many rejections as other schools that interview twice a week and start early.

Just FYI, Middletown does not reject many interviewees. I asked Frank earlier this year about how the application process was going this year. He said they know who they want to accept based on the applications but that some applicants don’t reflect what is on their application. I’m guessing it means if your essays state that you are in the business of helping others but you say in your interview that your draw to medicine is your interest in medical science, you might not pan out. Ton of the applicants I interviewed with are in my class so I think the interview is just to verify that your application reflects what you say in your interview. They interview late and only interview once a week so they don’t have room to send out as many rejections as other schools that interview twice a week and start early.
SO many of the student ambassadors were waitlisted though.. like almost all of them it seemed

Hello, I’m a new member on this forum

just got an II for the Middletown campus, does anyone have any information on the best way to travel for someone who is out of state? It seems like all the airports are at least an hour and a half away from Middletown, so how are you guys going to be getting there if a car is not an option? Greyhound? Is anyone aware of any other type of transportation from one of the airports (JFK, EWR or LGO I believe..) to the campus?

Also does anyone have any information about what its like to be a student, such as what its like to live in Middletown, the education itself, etc... thank you!
Hi! I'm also traveling from out of state! did u find out the best way to get there? thanks!

Anyone have any tips or hard questions that would be helpful to think about ahead of time? Or is it too stressful?

SO many of the student ambassadors were waitlisted though.. like almost all of them it seemed
They waitlist later in the year. They only give two weeks for a 2k deposit which sucks but atleast it means they have more seats open since students can’t hold their seat. From what I can tell, first time board pass rates and low attrition are the two top concerns from the preclinical dean so for the interview I think they are looking for students that are driven and commited, as opposed to placing a huge emphasis on practicing in primary care/in state. I’m not involved in their admissions so it’s just from the feeling I get from what the administration takes pride in. I’ve never heard them say anything about practicing in NY or primary care but they do talk a lot about their pass rates and low attrition. The class before me only lost 2 students during first year and they talk about it a lot.

I was talking to students when I interviewed @ Middletown and they said that many get wait-listed, but a huge chunk of spots open up because of that weird 2 week deposit payment deadline. Wait-listed here is not necessarily a bad thing.

Why are you guys expecting to hear back so soon? Didn't the interview packet say 4-6 weeks before word? (not trying to sound condescending, actually asking)

Last edited:
I was talking to students when I interviewed @ Middletown and they said that many get wait-listed, but a huge chunk of spots open up because of that weird 2 week deposit payment deadline. Wait-listed here is not necessarily a bad thing.

Why are you guys expecting to hear back so soon? Didn't the interview packet say 4-6 weeks before word? (not trying to sound condescending, actually asking)

People are still waiting to hear back from interviews from even earlier like 9/17. They have not released any decisions yet from what I understand.

Accepted. Interviewed 9/18/17.

Edit: in all seriousness, there were a good amount of people in my class that got off the waitlist the week before orientation. Most everyone got accepted early but they do have a ton of waitlist movement late.

Last edited:
I was accepted last year and it took 2 months. I emailed Frank Rose to try and light a fire under their ass and I got accepted a day after my email. Show interest!!!

Has anyone who interviewed Oct 15 heard back yet?

Has anyone who interviewed Oct 15 heard back yet?
Unfortunately, I have not heard anything. I spoke to Frank last week and was under the impression that I would receive something last week-- but, nothing.

Unfortunately, I have not heard anything. I spoke to Frank last week and was under the impression that I would receive something last week-- but, nothing.
Someone posted earlier they received a response and they interviewed the 15th hmmm