2018-2019 Morehouse School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What’s the best number to talk to someone in admissions?? I’ve been calling for 2 days now. I’ve submitted on 7/31 and still haven’t received a complete email.
I called (404) 752-1650 in the morning on Monday and asked them the same question. If you submitted a committee letter then it is just a system glitch. Call to make sure that is why though

Members don't see this ad.

She told me they are having a lot of technical glitches. After reaching out multiple times, I got the secondary. Not sure whether it was bc of the glitches or bc I was really screened out who knows
do you think I should call them as well? Because Im getting really annoyed.. there is actually no reason for me to not have gotten my secondary unless they have weeded me out already .... smh

Secondary received, submitted my primary on 08/01.
H
:( I didn't know they screened. I got an email from them 10 days ago saying "Morehouse School of Medicine has received your AMCAS application. We will now process your application and will update you regarding your status if and when that changes.". Ugh, I wonder if I call and ask what the screen is if they'll tell me? I really wanted the chance to at least submit a secondary. damn
did you ever find out what they screen for?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on a II/rejection response from being confirmed complete on 8/07

Last edited:
Received the complete e-mail today. Quick turnaround!

I interviewed there last Friday 8/24 along with 14 other students. I’m in state non trad. Not sure when the next round will be though. I was complete 7/20 invited for interview 8/6

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed there last Friday 8/24 along with 14 other students. I’m in state non trad. Not sure when the next round will be though. I was complete 7/20 invited for interview 8/6
How was the interview, by the way?

Congratulations on the interview!

Thanks! Interview was great. My third so far and most enjoyable for sure. Very relaxed atmosphere no trick questions just wanted to know about me not just my app. Facilities are top notch recently renovated and very open concept. Students were great and conversational. Overall a top candidate for me.

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks! Interview was great. My third so far and most enjoyable for sure. Very relaxed atmosphere no trick questions just wanted to know about me not just my app. Facilities are top notch recently renovated and very open concept. Students were great and conversational. Overall a top candidate for me.

Damn dude, three II already! Killing it lol nice :thumbup:

That's awesome! I really hope they consider me for interview.

I have a committee letter and I have not received a complete email even though I submitted my secondary at the end of July. I called admissions and the lady I spoke to told me that they don't send complete emails...so I am little confused

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a committee letter and I have not received a complete email even though I submitted my secondary at the end of July. I called admissions and the lady I spoke to told me that they don't send complete emails...so I am little confused

They told me the same thing when I called the first time. But when I called again, because my checklist appeared saying I was missing the overall recommendation, they said if I had sent a committee letter it will keep saying it's missing but that my application was still going to be reviewed.

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting! I think you would still get an e-mail like this when they have everything from you:

"Morehouse School of Medicine is pleased to acknowledge receipt of your supplemental application. Your application is now complete and will be screened for a possible interview. If and when your status changes, we will notify you by email."

I have a committee letter too. I submitted my secondary on tuesday and I called today and let them know i had a committee letter. The man updated my application and sent me a complete email. I feel that they should do the same for you. That's weird

I called again and was manually marked complete. Pretty irritated b/c the other lady I spoke to disregarded my comments and said they don’t send complete emails at all....

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Been complete since August 8th and haven’t heard back... do they do silent rejections?

I called (404) 752-1650 in the morning on Monday and asked them the same question. If you submitted a committee letter then it is just a system glitch. Call to make sure that is why though

So, if I submitted a committee letter, they will still review my application even though in the portal it will say "Overall Recommendation Status: Needed" and "Application Status: Materials Needed" as a result of this system glitch?

Hey guys, I submitted my primary application way back in mid July, but haven't received my secondaries yet. Also I haven't sent in my rec letters yet, should i call them?

So, if I submitted a committee letter, they will still review my application even though in the portal it will say "Overall Recommendation Status: Needed" and "Application Status: Materials Needed" as a result of this system glitch?
You should call them so that they can change your status to complete. I don't think they start reviewing until the application status says complete even with the glitch in the system. I was in a similar situation and I called them. They immediately changed mine to complete.

Hey, what is the maximum number of letters of recommendation one can submit to MSM? Is it advisable to submit more than 5 LOR?

Hey, what is the maximum number of letters of recommendation one can submit to MSM? Is it advisable to submit more than 5 LOR?

I believe they would like 3 LORs because they ask you to indicate your 3 recommenders within the secondary application template. I think if your AMCAS already has 5 that's good -- just know they are specifically looking out for the 3 you list on the secondary.

Last edited:
I believe they would like 3 LORs because they ask you to indicate your 3 recommenders within the secondary application template. I think if your AMCAS already has 5 that's good -- just know they are specifically looking out for the 3 you list on the secondary.
Thank you!

Yeah that is what the person on the phone said when I asked. He said that it will say that for the rest of the cycle likely. Definitely anxiety inducing lol

Hey guys my AMCAS app was just verified 9/4 but I haven't received a secondary yet. Should I be worried? Morehouse is one of my top choices

Hey guys my AMCAS app was just verified 9/4 but I haven't received a secondary yet. Should I be worried? Morehouse is one of my top choices

I wouldn’t worry until about a week. If you haven’t received it after a week, then email them. I received mine in the next 10 mins after I was verified but last year some people had to email the admissions office to receive a secondary.

Hi, all- received secondary. Do you really think they want you to literally copy and paste personal statement for this question??? Or should I be re-writing my reasons for pursuing medicine?

"Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here). Alternatively you may upload your statement below."

Hi, all- received secondary. Do you really think they want you to literally copy and paste personal statement for this question??? Or should I be re-writing my reasons for pursuing medicine?

"Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here). Alternatively you may upload your statement below."
They're not asking for your general reasons for pursuing medicine, but for applying to Morehouse specifically.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey y'all! Can someone PM me the number they called to address their committee letter status on the portal? Those that were able to reach someone.
My letter is in and I want to address the glitch.

I called their # which I received when they emailed saying they received my secondary but that number doesn't have anyone that answered. I also emailed but no response.

Thanks so much!

If I retake my MCAT in January, does anyone know if I can have my file re-evaluated for the current cycle?

If I retake my MCAT in January, does anyone know if I can have my file re-evaluated for the current cycle?
Uhhh, it depends on when you get selected for review ... if you already submit it chances are you can get rejected or chosen for a interview before January. Some school do except updates to your file ... so if you score really high you can deff get reconsidered as high priority in feb.