2018-2019 Des Moines University (DMU)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the create an account email. Anyone have trouble receiving the account activation email?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the process for sending these? I haven’t gotten anything from them yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I created an account... Is that all we have to do? No secondary?

Created my account yesterday, my supplemental items listing shows they have to verify receipt of all requirements
Guess that's all we need to do for this application

The secondary was integrated into the primary. I believe we have nothing left to do but wait.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is beautiful. Every school should follow their lead.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get the Casper email today? I did mine and sent it already, just curious if anyone else got the email.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
What did the Casper email say? I haven't gotten one. I recently took it but didn't send it to des Moines cause I didn't think it was necessary

What did the Casper email say? I haven't gotten one. I recently took it but didn't send it to des Moines cause I didn't think it was necessary
It just says that it's optional, why they're doing it, how long it takes to get to DMU, etc... I sent it in since I was sending it to other places anyway. I figure that if most people do it, it would look bad if I didn't.

The CASPer creeps me out a bit but I might do it if I feel like I'm in a good enough mood for it

If it’s optional, is it really optional or if you don’t do it, does it look bad?

Reactions: 1 user
One of my professors said you should do it because it could look bad. (Dmu prof) for what it's worth

I already did it for some of the MD schools I’m applying to but didnt send it to DMU.. so is the consensus that we should send it?

One of my professors said you should do it because it could look bad. (Dmu prof) for what it's worth

Does it matter when we take the CASPer exam or does it just have to be prior to them making a decision?

I already did it for some of the MD schools I’m applying to but didnt send it to DMU.. so is the consensus that we should send it?
I wasn't going to take it at first but now that most of everyone on this forum is thinking about it or has already taken it then I'll join in too as to not feel left out lol.

I wasn't going to take it at first but now that most of everyone on this forum is thinking about it or has already taken it then I'll join in too as to not feel left out lol.

Wise words from Larry Enticer.. "Just send it"

Reactions: 3 users
Just created an account today (from the email).

"submit supplemental items" isn't complete.

What do I need to do?

Invite to pay the secondary fee!! Wohoooo! My top choice!!

That's interesting. I received an auto email saying that they "do not require a supplemental or fee." Anyway, I submitted my primary today (with those extra 2 essay questions embedded).

Application marked received on portal 7/19. Lets hope the 2 weeks time is more like 1 week for processing!

Yes I did! Does anyone know if DMU has a screening process for secondary invite?
There's no secondary. We're all just waiting for the II, or the screening out before the II.

Complete and under review email today! Verified 6/11.

What do you guys have listed under a academic level?

For the first item under the checklist, do you actually have to do anything or just wait for them to complete it?

Just wait for them to complete your application. I created my portal on July 16th.

Does anyone know what the applicant to interview ratio was for last year's cycle?

This waiting is giving me anxiety

Still awaiting the " DMU initial review of application items" to be marked "Received" in the DMU portal

Got a "complete" email last night.

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 9.47.00 AM.png
My 4) supplementary materials disappeared in the portal. I hope that means they are looking at them lol.