2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who have II to COMP-NW, how are you getting from the airport to campus? There is no Lyft or Uber service in the area it seems?! Also, any lounging ideas? Flying in from Northeast.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have II to COMP-NW, how are you getting from the airport to campus? There is no Lyft or Uber service in the area it seems?! Also, any lounging ideas? Flying in from Northeast.

Wait I thought there was uber?! Damn.. I don't know then, I was relying on uber...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wait I thought there was uber?! Damn.. I don't know then, I was relying on uber...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There is Uber in Portland but not Lebanon. It's very rural. Rent a car/split the cost of a rental with someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)

I rented a car, it wasn't too expensive!

Having lived in a city where metro and walking is the main mode of transportation, I don't know how to drive :(

Having lived in a city where metro and walking is the main mode of transportation, I don't know how to drive :(

I will drive you if you tell them to invite me to them interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
I'm just making the 13 hour drive the day before sadly. And I was just there 2 weeks ago so I'm pretty burned on that drive haha

I am a CA resident, and I have not heard anything from them. Submitted my primaries 5/25 and nothing still... I signed up for their preview day (Aug 26th, 2017).
Do you think they haven't sent me a secondary, until the preview day (to see my interest and participation in that event)?

Anyone else in the same position?

thanks!

I am a CA resident, and I have not heard anything from them. Submitted my primaries 5/25 and nothing still... I signed up for their preview day (Aug 26th, 2017).
Do you think they haven't sent me a secondary, until the preview day (to see my interest and participation in that event)?

Anyone else in the same position?

thanks!

You submitted 5/25? Id email them. Im OOS with an interview already.

Do I need to do anything on my end to complete this "Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS)" portion of my app? I submitted a while ago and that's the only thing that appears to be incomplete on my app.

Do I need to do anything on my end to complete this "Processed by Enrollment Data Services (EDS)" portion of my app? I submitted a while ago and that's the only thing that appears to be incomplete on my app.
I e-mailed asking that exact question a week ago, they said no I don't have to do anything else and a few days later I was complete, you're good.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone checked the discounted hotels on that list for Lebanon? any of them decent discounts?

Submitted 8/12 and EDS is still not checked. Should I be concerned lol

Submitted 8/12 and EDS is still not checked. Should I be concerned lol
No. Mine took about 12 days and you're still at 10, and mine was a couple weeks ago so they were probably even less busy then, I'd give it until next Monday.

Anyone still not received a secondary? Primary complete 7/6 and this is the only school I haven't heard back from at all. Just emailed admissions about it because my stats are not an issue (3.71 and 505)

I also have not received a secondary and I submitted my primary on 6/6

Last edited:
II for Lebanon!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

II from Lebanon. I didn't fill out any of the experiences on their secondary app, just let my primary do the talking. Hope that info saves someone some time.

How do you get a green check mark next to the "processed by enrollment data services" ????

Yes, I just called them and they said it's a glitch in their system.

I talked to them a few minutes ago and they said it's a glitch in their system. They're trying to fix it.

II for Lebanon earlier this evening. 3.85/516, OOS. Complete 8/6/17.

II for lebanon as well. First and hopefully not the last of the season! LizzyM ~66 OOS, complete 8/14.

I'm probably going to fly into Eugene. If anyone wants to split a car for 10/5 interviews, shoot me a message.

Did you all receive a complete email before being invited for interview?

I did not.

Reactions: 1 users
II for Lebanon today as well!

Did you all receive a complete email before being invited for interview?
Nope just got an email. But fear not I'm withdrawing from here too. Hopefully you'll get my spot.

Congratulations on the early ACOM acceptance :) Is that where you're planning on going?
Thanks. ACOM has won my heart and if I don't get any other interviews/acceptances closer to home then I'll probably go there.

Nice. You still have a lot of time to hear back from NSUCOM and PCOM. Best of luck with the rest of the cycle!
Thank You! You too!

II to Lebanon today...

How expensive is it to get out there? Excited but overwhelmed with the prospect of going Ohio-Oregon during school

For those of you who are still waiting on pending EDS processing, I was just complete today. See below for dates. Although it says 8/21, the status updated this morning. Don't worry, winter is here.
upload_2017-8-23_7-49-55.png

Reactions: 1 users
II to Lebanon today...

How expensive is it to get out there? Excited but overwhelmed with the prospect of going Ohio-Oregon during school

Sadly, probably pretty expensive. I haven't even booked things yet but the flight, need to rent a car, hotel/airbnb... Glad to have an interview, but the cost to try and become a doctor is pretty absurd.

Reactions: 2 users
Sadly, probably pretty expensive. I haven't even booked things yet but the flight, need to rent a car, hotel/airbnb... Glad to have an interview, but the cost to try and become a doctor is pretty absurd.
Ya that's what I'm getting from all of this.

The only way I'm affording it is if I pick my butt up and walk cross-country.

Whyyyyy did they change the essays to 500 words ugh that's so long. Did most of you go over 300 words in your essay responses?

In case you haven't checked your status in the past day, I just checked mine and it said I was invited for interview, however, I never received an email. I tried calling, but no one answered, so I continued to fill out the interview info (earliest Sept 7) as though it was real.

Usual Q/A info:
Submitted: 7/31; EDS check: 8/10
cGPA: 3.5ish, sGPA: 3.6ish, MCAT: 510
IS; no URM

Good luck

Edit: Just got an email an hour after posting this

Last edited: