2017-2018 Western U of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific Pomona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone from 2/15 interview heard back yet? ._.
I heard back last week, they split the group up and supposedly the second half is hearing back today.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I just called and they said it may take up to 4 weeks and no specific day of when they might be getting back to us... :boom: i have a feeling we won't hear back by end of this week.

so I just called and they said it may take up to 4 weeks and no specific day of when they might be getting back to us... :boom: i have a feeling we won't hear back by end of this week.

I also just called, they told me the same thing :(

Whaaaa?! It’s already been 3.5 weeks?! It’ll be 4 weeks on Thursday!

that's low considering they have finished around 12 interviews (or 13, don't remember exactly), and have 3 left (100% sure)
yea it is. But alot of ppl are on waitlist or haven't accepted their admissions. So it is probably around 200/240 right now.

let another email refreshing game begin!

Reactions: 2 users
let another email refreshing game begin!

Why do I feel like we won’t hear until Friday?? Since Admissions meets every Thursday, I highly highly doubt that they’re gonna have an additional meeting just for us :( RIP to my sanity and phone battery

Any other 2/15ers still waiting? I was in the yellow group, I don't know if they did it by color or anything

Reactions: 1 user
Any other 2/15ers still waiting? I was in the yellow group, I don't know if they did it by color or anything

Right there with you. Idt its by color bc a girl in my group (green) got a call last week :/ it could be totally random. Ugh they need to hurry up i just want to move on w my life already :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)

2/15er here still waiting too.....I was in the red group, seems like ppl from different colored groups have gotten an acceptance so I doubt they're going by color group. I think maybe by last name? Or maybe I'm just telling myself that because mine is a T and I still havent heard....

I hope they’re not making us wait this long just to send out rejections in the end. Does anyone know if ppl got rejected from 2/15 interview date as well??

Haven’t heard back club —> me 0.0

Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys think match week will delay acceptances going out? I’m from the 3/1 interview group...

Do you guys think match week will delay acceptances going out? I’m from the 3/1 interview group...

There’s still a group of us from 02/15 that haven’t heard back yet and are supposed to hear today, so I assume you guys will be delayed an additional week too unless they can manage to catch up

ayyyyyy hold up buddy.... we 2/15ers are still dyinggg waiting!!!!
Sorry! I know the waiting is the hardest part! I keep thinking up new things to do to distract myself from constantly refreshing my email. My apartment has never been cleaner...

Sorry! I know the waiting is the hardest part! I keep thinking up new things to do to distract myself from constantly refreshing my email. My apartment has never been cleaner...

I feel you....imagine waiting another 2 weeks like we have been so far.....freaking sucksss

I feel you....imagine waiting another 2 weeks like we have been so far.....freaking sucksss

I realllyyyyy hope we hear back by today. I called earlier and all they told me is that we have to wait until they notify us :dead:

I realllyyyyy hope we hear back by today. I called earlier and all they told me is that we have to wait until they notify us :dead:

Jeez really? They didn't say when that would be? I just can't imagine it being longer than 4 weeks!!! Your earlier post got me a little worried, I hope they're not waiting just to send out rejections. I just think with 80ppl on our interview day, we would've heard from more (acceptances and rejections) if half have been already notified....????

Jeez really? They didn't say when that would be? I just can't imagine it being longer than 4 weeks!!! Your earlier post got me a little worried, I hope they're not waiting just to send out rejections. I just think with 80ppl on our interview day, we would've heard from more (acceptances and rejections) if half have been already notified....????

Yeah they said they can’t give out status of application over the phone... so ridiculous its almost the end of the day already. And omg stop it lets not assume and hope for the best. I mean I’d like to think that ppl who were def a no were given their notice earlier because why would they wait??? That’s just cruel. I think no news is good news since they’re still considering us. Sigh.

02/15!! I refreshed the portal and saw an update, but still haven't received the official email, so try refreshing the portal! I was placed on the alternate list.

2/15er.....just checked and I was placed on the alternate list as well. Does anyone know what movement from this list is like? I'm totally bummed.

2/15er.....just checked and I was placed on the alternate list as well. Does anyone know what movement from this list is like? I'm totally bummed.

I'm in the same boat. From what I read from last year's forum, a lot of the movement happens in May-July. I am not sure if there are exact percentages, since it really depends on the class each year and where people are getting accepted/deciding to go. Hoping for the best. I was accepted to Touro Nevada, so I will most likely be attending there, but I can't get myself to fully commit while being on the alternate list here

Unfortunately I was rejected but it’s okay I am going to New York!

Accepted from 3/1!!!!! Green group... MCAT 512, Gpa 3.6....

Are interviews still being offered?
All I know is that there are two more interview dates in April.
Also, as of a couple of days ago, there were about 100 open seats. That number is constantly changing.

3/1 interview, accepted last friday! 514, 3.3, green group

does anyone know/has anybody heard anything about the new medical school (CUSM) buying out some of Western's rotation spots in San Bernadino and how that'll affect rotation spots for incoming classes?

Are interviews still being offered?

Not sure about this year, but last year, I was in a very late interview group in late march. that was the latest slot available when they threw me an ii, but then they added one or two slots after that in april iirc.

Can anyone provide more info on the summer anatomy program ISAC and how you can sign up? pros/cons etc. Thanks!

pros - you may make a tight group of friends. there's a core isac group that's suuuuper tight with one another. you may get one extra EC to put on your residency app. god knows if anyone will care about it.
cons - no summer.

most people say don't do it. at my interview, the 2nd year students i talked to told me definitely to not do it. some isac'ers are happy they did it. others aren't. you're honestly probably no better off either way in terms of the content mastery.

3/1 interview, accepted last friday! 514, 3.3, green group

does anyone know/has anybody heard anything about the new medical school (CUSM) buying out some of Western's rotation spots in San Bernadino and how that'll affect rotation spots for incoming classes?

i heard it from administration that we'll be fine in terms of rotation spots. and i quote from memory: "we've known about this for a while and we've been preparing and will be just fine." Of course I don't have access to any data or even know what's a, "sufficient," number of rotation spots, so I can't verify personally. Just relaying. (FWIW: i don't think this admin had any reason to lie to me. the 2021 class isn't affected by it. you guys are. cusm's first class is the class of 2022, same as you guys.)

hey just got offered an interview, I submitted my II super late. Any interview tips or words of advice? Also is the pizza social thing worth going to?

hey just got offered an interview, I submitted my II super late. Any interview tips or words of advice? Also is the pizza social thing worth going to?

When did the admissions committee got your application? and Which is the date of the interview?
I also sent my secondary super late and I am still waiting. I want to know if I still have an opportunity.

When did the admissions committee got your application? and Which is the date of the interview?
I also sent my secondary super late and I am still waiting. I want to know if I still have an opportunity.
my app was processed 3/15, and my interview is mid April. Good luck!

Anyone who interviewed recently have any updates on whether they’ll actually be implementing the curriculum change this Fall?

Hello prospective students! You will not find anything useful from official WesternU sources nor do you have much knowledge required to correctly interpret much of what you'd find. The most useful data would be seen in match lists, but purely to ascertain which residencies have historically accepted WesternU students. You will find that UCI and Loma Linda are very friendly to WesternU students. Another somewhat useful thing to look for are the strange outliers such as the Stanford Psych match this year. Side note: Curriculum always "changes". The only important thing is that they'll decrease OMM time from now on, yay!

To save you some time regarding test scores, they are generally abysmal at DO schools. WesternU has some outliers who have outstanding scores and study habits that can be replicated, but for the most part, scores have more to do with the student and less to do with the curriculum (though having lots of OMM does steal time away from your study period). Currently, I will have 6 weeks of "dedicated" time unless I fail any upcoming OSCE's (which ~1/3rd of the class will do eventually), but a failure will only steal a couple of days due to remediation. 6 weeks and use of Anki, UFAP, and maybe one other lecture source should be enough to get at least a 230, even for the most potato-brained students.

The average score at WesternU has been lower for various reasons, but mostly due to complete student ignorance (ie. not taking a CBSSA NBME practice exam during Spring Break to self-assess). I have classmates who want to complete a 3rd pass of ______ before really working on UWorld or taking an NBME - even if it means not starting until April. But for the average DO student, this will NOT help because they forget about the OMM and clinical time sinks that cut into their actual study period.

TL;DR - too much Kool-Aid online. You have 1 job until June 2nd year - Kill the boards. If you think your humanism will stop you from closing doors on yourself before even getting interviews, you are wrong.

Reactions: 3 users