2017-2018 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received email from UNE COM thanking me for my payment and informing me that my application is now being reviewed to ensure all letters have been received.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How much of a regional preference does UNECOM have? I'm from Georgia and would really like to attend this school (it's in my top 3 choices), but I'm worried that will work against me. My scores are decent (4.0 sGPA, 3.98 cGPA, 508 MCAT), but I'm not heavy on ECs and, like I said, I am not from the area...

Definitely not a crazy regional preference. We had people from all over in my class, including multiple people from California. I'm not super familiar with the new MCAT scores, but I'd reckon you have a good shot. Good luck!

Definitely not a crazy regional preference. We had people from all over in my class, including multiple people from California. I'm not super familiar with the new MCAT scores, but I'd reckon you have a good shot. Good luck!

Thank you for the input! That's comforting to hear. On top of being invited to pay the secondary fee, I'm fairly hopeful. I believe a 508 is about a 30 on the old MCAT (77th percentile), is that about normal for the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the input! That's comforting to hear. On top of being invited to pay the secondary fee, I'm fairly hopeful. I believe a 508 is about a 30 on the old MCAT (77th percentile), is that about normal for the school?
The website says average GPA is 3.5 and old MCAT is 28 (I think it was a little less when I matriculated), so you're in a good spot!

Got an email that my application is complete and ready for review!

Got an email saying my application is incomplete and I will be put on hold until my Letters come in.

Any idea how long they review for until you know if you have an interview or are rejected?

Just got the invite for secondary after getting primary email this morning. Hoping this is a good sign

Any idea how long they review for until you know if you have an interview or are rejected?

From what it looks like, they send them out in September based on old threads. However, they appear to be going faster this year, so maybe in august.

when you guys submitted the secondary on AACOMAS, did you guys have problems indenting your paragraphs? It's all coming out as one large paragraph, with no delineations.

when you guys submitted the secondary on AACOMAS, did you guys have problems indenting your paragraphs? It's all coming out as one large paragraph, with no delineations.
I'm not sure. With secondary formatting I just recite the serenity prayer and move on:shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
I called aacomas - and apparent you cannot :/ it might show up differently on the school's end. but who knows

Received email to pay for secondary today

This school is listed as having a rolling admission. Does anyone know what that mean exactly?

This school is listed as having a rolling admission. Does anyone know what that mean exactly?

They look at applications as they come in and decisions are made continuously throughout the cycle.. not just after a certain point. If that makes sense.

They look at applications as they come in and decisions are made continuously throughout the cycle.. not just after a certain point. If that makes sense.
I sort of get that part but do applicants still get a better chance if they apply when the application starts or it doesn't matter with the school? I'm assuming it isn't much of a difference from the typical admission cycle with application due dates. Furthermore, if an application gets rejected could they continuously apply within a typical application cycle to this school?

I sort of get that part but do applicants still get a better chance if they apply when the application starts or it doesn't matter with the school? I'm assuming it isn't much of a difference from the typical admission cycle with application due dates. Furthermore, if an application gets rejected could they continuously apply within a typical application cycle to this school?

From what I have heard, the earlier the better. As for the reapplying within the same cycle, I do not think you can.

You can't apply to the same school during the same cycle.

Earlier is better because you have a higher chance of an interview, and thus a higher chance of being accepted. As you go on in the cycle, you have more applicants for less spots. Furthermore, a majority of the interviews go out between August and October, at least for the MD cycle, and I assume similarly the DO cycle.

Just spent an hour on zillow checking out dog friendly real estate near campus. Any idea when we can expect to see some movement?

Just spent an hour on zillow checking out dog friendly real estate near campus. Any idea when we can expect to see some movement?

Last year they started sending II in September I believe. Might be a bit.

I submitted 15-july and have not gotten a complete email. Just a "thanks for your payment, your application is under review to determine if you have your letters..."

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I submitted 15-july and have not gotten a complete email. Just a "thanks for your payment, your application is under review to determine if you have your letters..."

Yes you get that before the complete email. Mine took 4 days after that email to get the complete. But it might take longer now that it's getting into the busy time of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Whoops...actually got a complete email 4 days after paying. Got email 1st for app received, 2nd app fee, 3rd fee received, 4th complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

II!! Via email, complete 7/31.

II just now via email, complete 7/21, LM 65

Complete email just now! There is no portal for this school is there?

Whoa they are ahead of their game this year...wonder if there will be more interviews trickling in over the next few days

Reactions: 1 users
Whoa they are ahead of their game this year...wonder if there will be more interviews trickling in over the next few days

I'm hoping so too. I was complete on 7/24 and haven't heard anything as of it. 508 3.99 cGPA 4.0 sGPA OOS

Describe your particular interest in attending UNE COM and any contact you have had with UNE COM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions coordinators, student affairs staff, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply?

Pick an example of a challenge/difficulty you have encountered that is of a personal, cultural, extra-curricular, or academic nature. What insight have you gained from this event? How will it influence your time at UNE COM and your practice of medicine?

Describe your understanding of osteopathic medicine, how you learned of it and how it fits into your future plans.

does anyone remember what the secondary prompts were for this school

Congrats on the interviews y'all! I'm a first year and will be on here from time to time to answer questions.

Congrats on the interviews y'all! I'm a first year and will be on here from time to time to answer questions.
Thanks! How's the student environment at the school? Fairly laid back/friendly, or more competitive? What do students typically like to do for fun in Biddeford?

I just got an II offer!!!! So excited. This is my first interview offer so I am nervous as well. It is scheduled on 9/19. Does anyone know what airport closest to the school so I can book the flight now?
I am non-trad, 503 MCAT, 3.82 sGPA/cGPA, from NJ. I shadowed a D.O who graduated from there, I think it does help in their decision.

I just got an II offer!!!! So excited. This is my first interview offer so I am nervous as well. It is scheduled on 9/19. Does anyone know what airport closest to the school so I can book the flight now?
I am non-trad, 503 MCAT, 3.82 sGPA/cGPA, from NJ. I shadowed a D.O who graduated from there, I think it does help in their decision.

Flying to Boston is cheaper than flying to Portland, Maine from looking before. But Portland is closer