2017-2018 University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizledfrmstone

Enjoying the finer things in life
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.
Please post the essays or lack thereof (in addition to word or character counts) in this thread and tag one of the pre-DO mods (AlteredScale, bacchus, or chizledfrmstone) so we can update the OP.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone else applying!

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck guys - awesome school

Members don't see this ad :)
This might be a stupid question, but does UNECOM send a secondary or are the questions in the primary all the questions we have to answer?

Reactions: 1 user
This might be a stupid question, but does UNECOM send a secondary or are the questions in the primary all the questions we have to answer?

Looks like according to the ACCOM website for UNECOM:
"Supplemental questions are part of the AACOMAS application and must be completed at the time of submission. Applicants meeting minimum requirements will be offered a chance to pay the supplemental application fee and move forward in the process."

Hope this helps :)

Re-app cycle for me. MCAT coming up on Thursday (6/29). Let's hope for a good score and a little New England magic. UNECOM is my goal school.

How much of a regional preference does UNECOM have? I'm from Georgia and would really like to attend this school (it's in my top 3 choices), but I'm worried that will work against me. My scores are decent (4.0 sGPA, 3.98 cGPA, 508 MCAT), but I'm not heavy on ECs and, like I said, I am not from the area...

How do you guys feel about UNECOM asking about the number of DO v MD we have applied to? It makes me a little nervous as I hope that me applying to MD will not make them think anything along the lines of me not really wanting to be a DO.

How do you guys feel about UNECOM asking about the number of DO v MD we have applied to? It makes me a little nervous as I hope that me applying to MD will not make them think anything along the lines of me not really wanting to be a DO.

I'm also wondering-- what if you added more schools after submitting your app to UNECOM? Should we send an update letter, or does it not really matter?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm also wondering-- what if you added more schools after submitting your app to UNECOM? Should we send an update letter, or does it not really matter?

hmm I'm not sure on that one. Its the first time I was ever asked that question for any of the schools I'm applying to.

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably just don't want to be a fall back school. Plus, in my opinion, it shows how broadly you are applying. Maybe they think lower numbers shows more interest? Purely speculation, though. It is a rather strange question.

I vaguely remember reading last year's thread about this question and it seemed like the answer people settled upon was that it's just for the school's data collection and doesn't really matter for acceptance.

I really wanna attend this school! i am hoping to submit all my secondaries today ! Hoping to get invited to pay the fee here!!
Anyone wanna help me create a signature with MD, primaries, secondaries etc? Thanks!

How soon does UNE-COM send interview invites?

Does an invite to pay the fee essentially equate to an II?

I think it's equivalent to being invited to submit their secondary. But, I may be wrong.

I thought the embedded questions from AACOMAS counted as their supplemental application. The way I understand it, they will ONLY invite you to pay the $55 if you are being considered for admissions. I also may be wrong. I'll check last year's thread and update later.

I thought the embedded questions from AACOMAS counted as their supplemental application. The way I understand it, they will ONLY invite you to pay the $55 if you are being considered for admissions. I also may be wrong. I'll check last year's thread and update later.
yea, i think we are both thinking the same thing. i think that UNECOM screens their applicants before letting them complete (for lack of a better term) their secondary and the way to complete it is to submit the fee (if they request you to).

yea, i think we are both thinking the same thing. i think that UNECOM screens their applicants before letting them complete (for lack of a better term) their secondary and the way to complete it is to submit the fee (if they request you to).

ohh that does makes sense. Let's hope we are all invited to give them our money!

I like the way they're handling it. I think it's unethical for schools to take your money and then auto reject you an hour later.

Reactions: 7 users
Got an e-mail saying my application was received and preliminary review can take up to two weeks.

Anyone received a secondary yet? Does anyone know when they start giving out II?

Anyone received a secondary yet? Does anyone know when they start giving out II?

I believe their secondary was attached to the primary. And they contact you to pay the fee if they so choose to review your file after an initial review.

But to answer your question: no I haven't been asked to pay the fee yet.

Invite to pay the supplementary fee!

Reactions: 2 users
Invite to pay!
FWD'ed my AACOMAS email. fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Does anybody know how strict they are on not sending out an invitation to pay? Jw if almost everybody gets the link to pay or not

Does anybody know how strict they are on not sending out an invitation to pay? Jw if almost everybody gets the link to pay or not
Not everyone gets the link. They screen. See below:
  • Step 2: Upon receipt of your verified AACOMAS application, a preliminary review of the application will begin and qualified applicants will be offered invitations to submit payment for the UNE COM supplemental application. The supplemental application fee of $55.00, must be paid to be complete your application file and be considered for admission. Supplemental application questions have been embedded into your primary AACOMAS application and must be completed at time of application for consideration.

Not everyone gets the link. They screen. See below:
  • Step 2: Upon receipt of your verified AACOMAS application, a preliminary review of the application will begin and qualified applicants will be offered invitations to submit payment for the UNE COM supplemental application. The supplemental application fee of $55.00, must be paid to be complete your application file and be considered for admission. Supplemental application questions have been embedded into your primary AACOMAS application and must be completed at time of application for consideration.
Yeah... I know this, I was j/w if anybody knew how much they screened before they sent it out. I received the link to pay, so I was just curious. Thanks tho!!

Yeah... I know this, I was j/w if anybody knew how much they screened before they sent it out. I received the link to pay, so I was just curious. Thanks tho!!
Canadian here.. they are asking for WES evaluation. They will keep the file on hold until evaluation is submitted. Another $250 US$:(

Invite to pay!
FWD'ed my AACOMAS email. fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.
What does invite to pay the fee actually mean? Does that mean you'll get a II right afterwards or they have to review before getting II? I assume the former of the two.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Took me 5 tries to get the "prove you're a human" code right at the very bottom of the payment site. Thought I was gonna get locked out and have to call.

Took me 5 tries to get the "prove you're a human" code right at the very bottom of the payment site. Thought I was gonna get locked out and have to call.

Found the RoboDO.