2017-2018 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No access to Vitals, no text, and no email, so I'm guessing I was rejected. Pretty bummed out, but hopefully my other interviews go well. Good luck to everyone else and congrats to those who were accepted!
Don't count yourself out! They send out admits in groups, so no news means you can still be accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to be reviewed here LOL. IS and went here for undergrad

OH WELL

Congrats to everyone accepted <3

Reactions: 1 user
Still waiting to be reviewed here LOL. IS and went here for undergrad

OH WELL

Congrats to everyone accepted <3
Don't worry- it seems like a lot of top public schools do that. They initially focus on out of state applicants, and then shift to IS applicants. I just heard back from my IS school yesterday after 3.5 months

Is it a waste of money to send a primary this close to the deadline?

II! oos complete late july

edit: they literally sent me the email 5 minutes ago, late on a sunday night.

Reactions: 13 users
Has anyone gotten the official acceptance email yet that they mention on Vitals?

Members don't see this ad :)
II last night. IS and UG here. Complete 7/20. LizzyM 73.

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed Oct 11, got deferred status today. OOS, LM 68-72

So, do you know if the admissions committee reviews our application files again every two weeks at their meetings along with the new interviewees' files?
Yes, I believe that's what they said.

Anyone that was complete early August hear back yet?

I was complete late August. I just called to ask the status, and I was told it is in review by faculty dean. She said it is a good place to be at. I do not what she meant. Does any one know how long does it take to hear back from them once it is under review? Btw, the vitals page still says - "faculty review is the next process". Thanks!

Completed secondary 7/19. LM=75. IS. Still haven't heard anything... just says that my application has been successfully submitted on Vitals. Anyone in a similar situation? Feeling anxious :(

Reactions: 2 users
^I was complete 8/2. Nothing yet. Girl in my lab (here at OSU) was complete in september and got an II the other day even tho her stats were below avg and same with her ECs. The process is kinda random at times so you just gotta hang tight and just let the cycle work out its own way. Stressing wont do much at this point.

Submitted a II in July, and set up a vitals account, but haven’t heard anything since. Would hate to assume that I’m SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II doesn't mean secondary in Roman numerals......

@Buckeye_Fan On SDN, "II" is "interview invitation". "Secondary" is not abbreviated, it's just spelled out (although i have seen some weird things like 2ndary).

Submitted a II in July, and set up a vitals account, but haven’t heard anything since. Would hate to assume that I’m SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Super confused on how to use this portal. I completed mid or late July and haven't heard back. My Vitals portal shows :

"Your application is now complete. An application is considered complete when all three required documents are received – a verified AMCAS application, a submitted supplemental application, and a valid MCAT score that meets the requirements set by the College. Faculty review is the next step in the process. Applicants invited for an interview will be notified via email."

So is there another update where my app goes from "Complete" to "Faculty Review"? Does this mean they haven't even reviewed my app yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Completed secondary 7/19. LM=75. IS. Still haven't heard anything... just says that my application has been successfully submitted on Vitals. Anyone in a similar situation? Feeling anxious :(

IS, complete late July, OSU 2x graduate, and complete silence :( My Vitals page just says
"Thank you for submitting The Ohio State University College of Medicine supplemental application.
Your application is now complete. "

My vitals still says complete as well. In state, applied super early, be patient!

Did the secondary ask what we're doing during if we're in a gap year?

hi! recently got an II here but had one question -- I already got accepted to my FL state school (I'm OOS) so would it be worth attending my II here? i just don't know what to do considering OOS tuition and how that's like for OSU/if it's worth paying it over the FL school. thank you!

hi! recently got an II here but had one question -- I already got accepted to my FL state school (I'm OOS) so would it be worth attending my II here? i just don't know what to do considering OOS tuition and how that's like for OSU/if it's worth paying it over the FL school. thank you!

I think selfishly I would tell you to withdraw from OSU so that the spot would open for others. But honestly, if you are even considering attending, you should absolutely interview there. You really never know, I mean you could totally fall in love with OSU and decide the extra debt is worth it. #noragrets right?

Reactions: 4 users

On interview day they also talk about the process to become an in-state resident for years 2-4. Which is worth taking under consideration

i just don't know what to do considering OOS tuition and how that's like for OSU/if it's worth paying it over the FL school. thank you!

On interview day they also talk about the process to become an in-state resident for years 2-4. Which is worth taking under consideration

Yeah, Ohio is pretty generous that way. It counts for all state universities in Ohio, I think, because U of Cincinnati talked about it too.

IS, complete late July, OSU 2x graduate, and complete silence :( My Vitals page just says
"Thank you for submitting The Ohio State University College of Medicine supplemental application.
Your application is now complete. "

I have the same thing shown on my Vitals account and I was complete late July as well. Just called admissions and they said that my application is under review by a faculty member, so don't fret if your portal doesn't say "under review" or something. I think they don't update your status beyond "application complete."

I have the same thing shown on my Vitals account and I was complete late July as well. Just called admissions and they said that my application is under review by a faculty member, so don't fret if your portal doesn't say "under review" or something. I think they don't update your status beyond "application complete."
When you called how did the conversation go? I'm in the same boat as you - complete in July and have the "application complete" status.

When you called how did the conversation go? I'm in the same boat as you - complete in July and have the "application complete" status.

They were really nice about it. They just asked for my AAMC ID then told me my app status.

II this morning! IS , complete around 8/4

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted via phone call from Dr. Capers! So so sooo excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users