2017-2018 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ Same! I emailed them an ITA update, and she said she made a note of it on my application. Don't know if that means review will be expedited though. :/

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody's Vitals page still say a bunch of stuff about LOR requirements even though they have for sure already been submitted via AMCAS? I can't tell if they're trying to tell me they haven't received my letters somehow or if that's just a permanent note on the home page.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody's Vitals page still say a bunch of stuff about LOR requirements even though they have for sure already been submitted via AMCAS? I can't tell if they're trying to tell me they haven't received my letters somehow or if that's just a permanent note on the home page.
I have the same things written and had the same thoughts. I emailed them like 4 days ago to see if they got my letters but they want gotten back to me yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an II yet? If so, when did you submit your secondary?
Not me but I know 2 people who have already interviewed. They submitted really early in July and didnt get an II until early/mid august with really high stats. I work at the hopsital and saw the interviewees on tour and there were only like....10-15 total students.

I guess that's reassuring. It seems like everything is moving so much slower this application cycle, for all schools.

II via email! Complete mid july-ish. In state, LM=74 :)

Reactions: 5 users
Dang I was complete late July and still nothing. And I work for the College of Medicine. Im about to just walk over and ask my status hahaha
I am OOS so maybe the fact that your an Ohio resident has something to do with it?

II about 2 hours ago by email! OOS, complete mid-July, LM 73.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my application because I can't afford to travel to any more interviews. Best of luck to you all, I hope someone can take my place! :)

Just withdrew my application because I can't afford to travel to any more interviews. Best of luck to you all, I hope someone can take my place! :)
I mean you can always give me some if you are getting too much love ;)

Had to move my interview to mid november from early october due to finances. Does this put me at a major disadvantage as an OOS applicant? Do OSU typically accept most OOS early on?

Had to move my interview to mid november from early october due to finances. Does this put me at a major disadvantage as an OOS applicant? Do OSU typically accept most OOS early on?
I had to do the same due to finances and a prior scheduled interview. In my opinion, November is still decently early but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if you can still view your supplemental app after submitting it? It's been a while and I can't remember... Want to review it for my interview

Anyone know for sure if November is late for OOS interviews?
November is still early. I'm a current student and several of my OOS classmates interviewed in Feb/March.

Side note- they have a sign each day with the colleges of the interviewing students and I wanted to reiterate that right now it does seem to be pretty heavily OOS. Each interview day (Mon and Wed) there are ~14 interviewees, and right now it's been 3-4 max from IS, usually with 2 each interview date from OSU undergrad. It's still early in the application cycle, so try not to stress too much! Anyone with questions about the school or interview day can feel free to message me.

Reactions: 12 users
Anyone who submitted an ITA update hear back?

i did that in late feb, it worked to my luck!
current M1, I was oos, interviewed in early march, and was accepted shortly after.

still pretty early. only 6/50 interviews dates completed.

Reactions: 1 users
i did that in late feb, it worked to my luck!
current M1, I was oos, interviewed in early march, and was accepted shortly after.

still pretty early. only 6/50 interviews dates completed.

Good to know! Hope you're enjoying your first year and lots of cane's chicken!

How long does it take to get the vitals email? I already received an email with my username and activated it (about four days ago). I submitted my app probably a week ago.

It took a little over a week after I submitted mine.

Does anyone even know how to check their application with vitals? Or does OSU just not display it.

Does anyone even know how to check their application with vitals? Or does OSU just not display it.

I'm pretty sure after I made my Vitals account I was sent an email from OSU with more Vitals info, and now I just use that link to get to the "portal". The portal isn't very clear/easy to navigate though, and my "portal" just says something like "Current Action" and then just a big blank space underneath :shrug:

To those who have already interviewed, is your vitals page completely empty now?

Nope; last year the majority of IS IIs came out in October....just a sittin' here twiddling my thumbs.....ho hum....
I know 2 IS (I believe they are since they did UG here) who have had IIs already but the majority arent until later it seems.

II just now. Dropped my phone trying to open the email and my screen is completely cracked, sweet.

Reactions: 20 users
Wow so psyched I got an II from here!!!! One of my top schools!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how to access our application after we submitted? between Vitals and the OSU.edu page that keeps prompting me to activate my account, I can't seem to find anything.

Does anyone know how to access our application after we submitted? between Vitals and the OSU.edu page that keeps prompting me to activate my account, I can't seem to find anything.
I couldn't figure it out either... when I went in for my interview, I'm glad I had my essays saved in Word so I could go over them... hopefully you have them saved somewhere too

How long is it taking for people to get a password for the Vitals site? It's been nearly two weeks since I submitted my secondary and I'm still not able to access it.

How long is it taking for people to get a password for the Vitals site? It's been nearly two weeks since I submitted my secondary and I'm still not able to access it.

Took about a week for me. I would email them if your file should be complete, they are really nice about it. Also I am not sure there is a way to access the secondary after submission, hopefully you have your answers saved somewhere! GL.

I never managed to get back into my application after submitting, which was strange. It just disappeared into the abyss of their websites. :D

Accepted!!!! I am so unbelievably happy, wow! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 17 users
Deferred :( loved this school but my faculty interviewer cut the interview pretty short.

Last edited:
Accepted too :D. Did you all just get the text from Dr. Capers, or was there an email or portal update as well?

Reactions: 8 users
No access to Vitals, no text, and no email, so I'm guessing I was rejected. Pretty bummed out, but hopefully my other interviews go well. Good luck to everyone else and congrats to those who were accepted!

Accepted too :D. Did you all just get the text from Dr. Capers, or was there an email or portal update as well?

When I went on my portal, there was an update about information we'll be receiving in the next few days! I also had to click on something to accept my acceptance.