2017-2018 Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to leave a quick message to those of you still on the wait list. I received my II from OSU in December and was waitlisted shortly after. In June I received a call from Ms. Georgia and now almost a full year later here I am at the end of my first year at THE Ohio State University College of Medicine. If any of you all were like me (zero acceptances and hoping for a miracle at this point in the cycle) just know that they do happen and there are SUBSTANTIAL amount of people in medical school who came off the waitlist. So keep your head up and if you have any questions (**NON ADMISSIONS RELATED**) feel free to PM me!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. I really love OSUCOM, so this was a hard one! Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 8 users
Hi does anyone have any waitlist info for this school? Like if its ranked or the movement speed? Interviewed 10/3 and waitlisted beginning of March :((( +pissed+

Ok quick question - so are some people still deferred while others are now waitlisted, or are those terms being used interchangeably? I’ve been deferred since mid-November, and I guess I don’t know if I should consider myself “waitlisted.” Top choice!

Ok quick question - so are some people still deferred while others are now waitlisted, or are those terms being used interchangeably? I’ve been deferred since mid-November, and I guess I don’t know if I should consider myself “waitlisted.” Top choice!
I think its the same at this point because they send out decisions about 2 weeks after interviews and their interviews ended a bit ago so I dont think they will be sending out decisions until they see how many spots are left after traffic day.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted via phone call!! Interviewed mid March, was deferred, OOS
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted via phone call!! Interviewed mid March, was deferred, OOS
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!
+1!!! Very excited. Now have to figure out if I’m keeping this or the acceptance I was holding onto. I’m trying to get a financial aid package to help with the decision. I’m assuming since we’re deferred first then accepted so late we probly won’t be getting any kind of admissions scholarship?

Reactions: 3 users
+1!!! Very excited. Now have to figure out if I’m keeping this or the acceptance I was holding onto. I’m trying to get a financial aid package to help with the decision. I’m assuming since we’re deferred first then accepted so late we probly won’t be getting any kind of admissions scholarship?

I am not so sure— hopefully they still have some merit based scholarship left to hand out!

Congrats you two!! Has anybody who was deferred prior to April heard anything yet?

Congrats you two!! Has anybody who was deferred prior to April heard anything yet?

Deferred in February and not yet... I don't suspect we will for at the very least a few more days if we haven't up to this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm surprised there hasn't been calls reported on here yet today.
Yeah, I am a bit worried that maybe "all the calls" that typically come out May 1 went out yesterday? But everybody who reported accepted yesterday, I believe, was deferred at the last meeting in April so I am wishfully thinking that maybe yesterday's acceptances were specific for April 5 deferred people and they still have a chunk of post-traffic acceptances ready to hand out...

Reactions: 2 users
What does the number show up as when they call? Because I just missed a call while I was in the shower from "The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center."
The voicemail started out with "Hi Eleithyia," but they was just a bunch of ads for various departments

What does the number show up as when they call? Because I just missed a call while I was in the shower from "The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center."
The voicemail started out with "Hi Eleithyia," but they was just a bunch of ads for various departments
Has your vitals status changed?

Just as an update, I was deferred in February and received an acceptance call yesterday afternoon so it's not just April interviewees. Also, the number just showed up as the generic Wexner Medical Center one when I received the call. Once you're invited to an interview, you've got about a 50/50 shot of landing an acceptance so there's still a good chance, even if you're deferred initially!

Reactions: 5 users

It was a generic number for Wexner Medical Center that ends in 5000

So I'm guessing that no one else got any phone calls today?

I interviewed in mid December and was deferred. Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from Georgia with an acceptance! I'm so happy that I get to attend my number one choice!

Reactions: 7 users
Somehow managed to totally miss the phone call, but Vitals updated this morning and I'm accepted!

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted today! :highfive:
I've been deferred on Vitals since November so it was great to finally get the call!

Reactions: 6 users
Somehow managed to totally miss the phone call, but Vitals updated this morning and I'm accepted!
Did you get an email saying vitals was updated? I had two missed calls from an Columbus, Ohio number ending in 5000 yesterday but I haven't received any other info from the school so I'm not sure if it was actually them lol

My phone call ended in a 5000 and vitals was updated the next day!
Yeah they called again this morning and I was accepted! I'm just waiting on my vitals to update lol

Does anyone have a link to the class of 2022 facebook page?

Hi there, I know that there's going to be movement now off the deferred/ waitlist during these coming weeks, but do you think OSU would still accept letters of intent or update letters? If so, how would I go about writing one, would it be just an email or do I formally write a letter and mail it to them?

Just got the call from Georgia! I've been accepted!!! Submitted secondary in July, II in February, waitlisted and got a call today!

Hi there, I know that there's going to be movement now off the deferred/ waitlist during these coming weeks, but do you think OSU would still accept letters of intent or update letters? If so, how would I go about writing one, would it be just an email or do I formally write a letter and mail it to them?
I wrote a letter of intent, I don't know if it helped or not but it cant hurt!

Are people still hearing back on the waitlist? I don't know if I should still hold out any hope..?

Made tough choice to withdraw my acceptance from here over the weekend. Amazing school. Good luck to you waitlisted SDNers

I had the same thought as you did. Still waiting patiently for any sign of hope.
A friend of mine who was wailtisted at OSU twice said you don't see much waitlist movement until June. I think the threads from years past confirm it as well from what I remember.

A friend of mine who was wailtisted at OSU twice said you don't see much waitlist movement until June. I think the threads from years past confirm it as well from what I remember.
Really? that seems unusual...

Also, damnit. I was just starting to move on and be happy about where I am almost certainly going. Now I might be talking myself back into “well, maybe its not over yet at OSU...”

Damn this whole process lol

I thought most of the movement was in May right after people drop but I think some people still hold acceptances at MD and DO and that kind of slows down this process.

Accepted via email after being deferred way back in October. I am floored.

Reactions: 5 users
I got in yesterday after being deferred since December so there's definitely still hope!!

I was deferred in March after my February interview! So I think I have a long ways to go. In the mean time I have just been updating them.

ACCEPTED YESTERDAY!! To my dream school!! I'm going to be a Buckeye!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 13 users
Accepted! Posted to let the others like me who had mostly given up, there is still movement happening!