2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today off Milwaukee’s waitlist!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted of the Milwaukee waitlist!!!! So stoked, I love this school! Got the call this morning, OOS, sent in updates and LOI

Reactions: 2 users
For the current students out there, do you remember if there is a limit on how many people per student can come to the white coat ceremony?

Hey y’all, I’m thinking about taking a trip during winter break. Can any current student elaborate on if there are usually exams right after break that I would need to be studying for during the break? Or if there is any reason why I would want to stay in Milwaukee during break?

Hey y’all, I’m thinking about taking a trip during winter break. Can any current student elaborate on if there are usually exams right after break that I would need to be studying for during the break? Or if there is any reason why I would want to stay in Milwaukee during break?
M1 exams are right before Christmas break! Go on vacation:)

Just got the call from Alexis around 4PM. I've been accepted to the Milwaukee campus! Gahhh! The waitlist is moving and I'm gonna be a doctor!

Interviewed 3/9. In state. Reapplicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the call from Alexis around 4PM. I've been accepted to the Milwaukee campus! Gahhh! The waitlist is moving and I'm gonna be a doctor!

Interviewed 3/9. In state. Reapplicant.
3/9 interview?? Wow! Congratulations!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
3/9 interview?? Wow! Congratulations!!!!
Thank you!! And yeah. Interviewed on the last day and I got the invite two days beforehand. Crazy how things work out. Though the waiting was not easy by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
Meant to post this earlier but also got off MKE waitlist on Friday! In State

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the first deposit for tuition is due?

Congrats to everyone else that also hopped off that waitlist! I was so happy when I got the call last Tuesday. IS myself, and withdrawing a couple of my other acceptances. Can’t wait to join y’all in a short while here!

For those applicants that made it to Second Look, was there any real pressing or new information that I/we missed? I know the White Coat date was given for August 10th, and that was helpful to know, but not sure if there was anything else. Sorry if this has already been addressed!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone that came off the WL!

1) Has anyone received official financial aid info?
2) Anyone know when we get our email addresses (in need of discounted spotify haha)

1) Has anyone received official financial aid info?
2) Anyone know when we get our email addresses (in need of discounted spotify haha)
Haven’t gotten financial aid yet, called on like May 4th and they said they’d have it out in two weeks which is about now I suppose. As for the email address, they said that info would be out by the end of May. Originally they did say it would be out in the first week of May but maybe they’re just a bit behind this year. Hope this helps! :)

Haven’t gotten financial aid yet, called on like May 4th and they said they’d have it out in two weeks which is about now I suppose. As for the email address, they said that info would be out by the end of May. Originally they did say it would be out in the first week of May but maybe they’re just a bit behind this year. Hope this helps! :)
I spoke with someone in admissions on tuesday and they said the email should come either this week or next week

Can any current students or accepted students who know this explain the day to day schedule of an M1? I feel like they told us the times of classes, etc. at interview day but I completely forget!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the call from Alexis that I'm off the waitlist for Milwaukee!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Can any current students or accepted students who know this explain the day to day schedule of an M1? I feel like they told us the times of classes, etc. at interview day but I completely forget!

Most people just study at home on their own time. We have very few mandatory lectures and hardly anyone goes to class. The only mandatory classes are anatomy lab (which really isn’t “mandatory”), and then a clinical skills class once a week on an afternoon for about 2 - 3 hours. There’s definitely adequate study time and personal time.

Current M1

Most people just study at home on their own time. We have very few mandatory lectures and hardly anyone goes to class. The only mandatory classes are anatomy lab (which really isn’t “mandatory”), and then a clinical skills class once a week on an afternoon for about 2 - 3 hours. There’s definitely adequate study time and personal time.

Current M1

I'm assuming most students start off attending lectures, at least for the first semester, and then maybe staying home as the first year goes on? That being said, did I hear that lectures start at 8am?

For the Immunization and Tuberculosis (TB) Surveillance Form, do we have to get this signed by our primary care doctors, or just simply right down dates? I have a report of my vaccinations on my primary care doctor's health portal. Also I'm unsure of what to do for the Hep B vaccination, I got three of those as a child. So I guess all I have to do is the QUANTITATIVE Hepatitis B Surface Antibody?
My guess is that we write down the dates and Castlebranch will have an option to upload our immunization record, but I'm not positive. And yes if you already had the 3 Hep Bs, all you have to get the quantitative antibody titer. If you test negative, Then you have to go through the shots and titers process again

I'm assuming most students start off attending lectures, at least for the first semester, and then maybe staying home as the first year goes on? That being said, did I hear that lectures start at 8am?

I have never gone to any lecture that wasn’t mandatory. It is so much more efficient to watch it at 2x the speed. Many people start by going but almost all realize it is more efficient not to attend. That being said if you prefer in class lectures then by all means attend. That way you can ask questions, but you can always email the professors too.

Yes lectures start at 8 am with the exception of anatomy which starts at 1 pm with lab immediately following.

Did anyone receive their financial aid package yet? I still havent gotten anything.

Did you check online if you got it? I still havent gotten it and I have all the requirements done.

That’s weird! I got an email that it was updated. I would definitely call to see when you can expect it!

My guess is that we write down the dates and Castlebranch will have an option to upload our immunization record, but I'm not positive. And yes if you already had the 3 Hep Bs, all you have to get the quantitative antibody titer. If you test negative, Then you have to go through the shots and titers process again
Just a heads up, a lot people 22+ do not have a positive titer. Don't stress out if you have to redo the series. You won't finish by matriculation if you start now--I already contacted MCW, and you just have to show you're progressing toward completing them.

Just a heads up, a lot people 22+ do not have a positive titer. Don't stress out if you have to redo the series. You won't finish by matriculation if you start now--I already contacted MCW, and you just have to show you're progressing toward completing them.
Yep I'm one of those lucky people

Anyone have suggestions on where to get a TB test done that is cheap(er)? My Quantiferon blood test was done in March and doesn’t qualify anymore. I’m looking at skin tests now but it’s around $30 to have it placed and another $30 to have it read at Walgreens or CVS. And then to have that done twice... :bored:

Avoid MCW.
They are currently being investigated by the federal government for fraud and corruption

I did a simple google news search. There are three articles about it.

Lol, you're definitely either someone on the waitlist or a disgruntled student. A "simple google news search" turns up one article from 2015. Nothing current about that...

Lol, you're definitely either someone on the waitlist or a disgruntled student. A "simple google news search" turns up one article from 2015. Nothing current about that...

A pre-med out west actually. Try "Medical College of Wisconsin knew doctor was accused of performing unnecessary surgery" in google news

A pre-med out west actually. Try "Medical College of Wisconsin knew doctor was accused of performing unnecessary surgery" in google news
Yes its an old case that was opened up again. Anyways, it wont affect our education or the quality of MCW

Reactions: 5 users
Avoid MCW.
They are currently being investigated by the federal government for fraud and corruption

If you plan on avoiding every school and school affiliate involved some type of lawsuit, you should give up thoughts of medical school and a medical career altogether. Without googling, I can think of 8 schools that are currently being investigated in some way or another. One of them is considered the top school in the US.

It will come as no surprise that not every physician out there is a good person and that organizations let problems fall through the cracks and sometimes hide their heads in the sand. With only a very basic understanding of the case mentioned, it appears to be an issue of negligence on the part of the administration, already several years in the past, and unlikely to influence those beginning their medical educations at MCW in the near future.

Reactions: 3 users