2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you familiar with Milwaukee, is there Uber/Lyft readily available from the airport?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who interviewed 9/28 9/29 bear back yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted today at Central campus
Not that surprised - they told us on interview day that they only accept a small number of people initially and usually have quite a bit of waitlist movement

I'm sorry to hear that :( can I ask when you interviewed?
still waiting
Not that surprised - they told us on interview day that they only accept a small number of people initially and usually have quite a bit of waitlist movement

That's what I remember hearing as well. When did they let you know? A lot of us are still waiting to hear and nothing! Do you remember how often the waitlist moves? Thank you!

I also remember them saying that about the waitlist. When did you interview?

That's what I remember hearing as well. When did they let you know? A lot of us are still waiting to hear and nothing! Do you remember how often the waitlist moves? Thank you!

I also remember them saying that about the waitlist. When did you interview?

I interviewed 10/17, so pretty quick turnaround time. I heard back this morning around 10. The email that I got said people usually aren't accepted from the waitlist until May. They also mentioned that in the past they have continued to accept off the waitlist until the week before classes begin.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 10/17, so pretty quick turnaround time. I heard back this morning around 10. The email that I got said people usually aren't accepted from the waitlist until May. They also mentioned that in the past they have continued to accept off the waitlist until the week before classes begin.
Hope this helps!
Thank you!

How is it possible people with later interview dates are hearing back before people with earlier ones?

How is it possible people with later interview dates are hearing back before people with earlier ones?
they interviewed at central campus...they have completely different admissions committees

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete late July and still no word. Not even the samll group email. Hopefully soon :/

Nevermind I interviewed at Milwaukee lol I thought central was Milwaukee

does anyone know what day ADCOM actually meets? Fellow 9/28-9/29 interviewer anxiously waiting to hear back

Reactions: 3 users
does anyone know what day ADCOM actually meets? Fellow 9/28-9/29 interviewer anxiously waiting to hear back
I heard they meet at the end of each month but we were told during our interview day we would hear back before then

I believe it is because the Admissions committee met on Friday 10/20 to discuss all interviewees up to that point. The admissions director mentioned it briefly :)

Waitlisted at Central campus as well, also not surprised!

Rejected via email. Interviewed mid September at Milwaukee campus.

Best of luck everyone. And if anyone has advice on interviewing for the medical school interviews, please PM.

Last edited:
Waitlisted interviewed 9/29 - milwaukee campus

Last edited:
Complete 7/27 and silence.

I noticed that MCW was ranked in the top 60 a few years ago but is now unranked. I know that USNWR rankings don't mean anything, but I was curious if anyone knew the reasoning behind the change?

Any one that interviewed MKE in mid Oct heard anything? Admissions said decisions would be coming down week of OCT 23rd

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! Interviewed mid september!

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! Although now i am wondering how many interview at the 2 smaller campuses
At my interview in Green Bay they said about 100 interviews for those 25 seats, guessing Wausau is similar.