2017-2018 Harvard Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection :(
Maybe I need thicker skin but this past week has been rough with nothing but bad news. Anyone else losing steam?

After starting out with 4 accepts in first 5 post-II decisions, getting hit with 5 WLs/Rs in 4 weeks has been draining, to say the least. I also now feel like the one top school I got into was a fluke.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected pre-II this morning! Feeling honestly happy about the excitement from all those accepted on this thread. The rejection was classy, and I'll hold on to my hopes of attending here for residency or fellowship. The future is bright for us all! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted Pathways at 10:04 EST! So, so grateful.

Members don't see this ad :)
After starting out with 4 accepts in first 5 post-II decisions, getting hit with 5 WLs/Rs in 4 weeks has been draining, to say the least. I also now feel like the one top school I got into was a fluke.

please do not feel this way. There are PLENTY of people at ALL of the top schools that only get into to one or two. I myself have only gotten into this school, of the three top ten I interviewed at.

You deserved your top school 150000%. Did other people probably deserve it too who got rejected? yes. That's how it always is. But that doesn't mean you didn't deserve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
has anyone joined the facebook group?

please do not feel this way. There are PLENTY of people at ALL of the top schools that only get into to one or two. I myself You deserved your top school 150000%. Did other people probably deserve it too who got rejected? yes. That's how it always is. But that doesn't mean you didn't deserve it.

You the real MVP

Anyone know roughly how many people get off the waitlist each year?

Oh awesome I just received the rejection letter a second time... at least they “regretted to inform” me about it

Reactions: 9 users
Oh awesome I just received the rejection letter a second time... at least they “regretted to inform” me about it

It's like. 1st R-->We don't want you. 2nd R--> We want to re-emphasize how MUCH we don't want you!:laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted via email a few hours ago! I can’t believe it.

Post-II rejection for pathways. Was expected, but still pretty disappointing. Best of luck to everyone else with their careers!

I was also rejected this morning and to be honest, it was hard to swallow. It is disappointing to come so far just to fall short, but it is what it is. HMS would have been the dream. However, after further reflection, I am fortunate to have even received an interview here. I am even more fortunate to have been accepted to another top school (Columbia), so I am grateful for that. Congrats to everyone who was accepted today, you earned it! Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 13 users
accepted to Pathways ; WL HST ; R for MSTP.

Anyone know about funding for MD-Phd if you join the MD-PhD program as an affiliate ?

For the waitlist, are response forms send via email or hard copy in the mail?

Is there an admitted students facebook group?

Anyone in here that also got in to Hopkins med? please pm me would love to talk about your pro/con list for each of the schools/ which you're picking/ what you're doing about second looks since they're on the same weekend. Thanks!

Official pre-II rejection email on Friday, March 2, just in case anyone wanted to know..... Complete mid-September. OOS. Stats in signature.

Edit: This was my signature at the time:
Class of 2022!
MD Schools:
19 cGPA: 3.99 MCAT: 521 LizzyM: 77.9
Pre-II: H 1 | R 8 | WD 3
II 6 | IA 5 | A 2 | WL 1 | R -
Canadian Schools (dual citizen): 4 | R 2 | II 2 | A - | WL -

Last edited:
Is anyone able to sign in to the financial aid system yet?

I was just going to ask. It keeps telling me that it is not available at this time when I try to log in. We were told it would be available on the 5th, but doesn't look like it is working yet.
It works now.

When will WL applicants get access to the financial aid application?

When will WL applicants get access to the financial aid application?
On that note, have any WL applicants even received the form that has to be filled out in order to stay on the WL? Wondering when I should expect that and whether it will be via email or hard copy in the mail. Thanks!

On that note, have any WL applicants even received the form that has to be filled out in order to stay on the WL? Wondering when I should expect that and whether it will be via email or hard copy in the mail. Thanks!
Yes, I received that form today via email. But it was from the HST coordinator so maybe it is just for HST WL candidates?

Yes, I received that form today via email. But it was from the HST coordinator so maybe it is just for HST WL candidates?
Ah, thank you for letting me know. I am pathways and haven't received anything yet.

Does anyone else's financial aid portal still not show their CSS profile as being received? It is the only thing that I'm waiting on and I submitted it back on the 2nd. CollegeBoard shows that it was sent.

Take a breath my dude. You got in! I’m sure they will process CSS soon, I submitted mine a while back and it also isn’t marked as received yet.

Does anyone else's financial aid portal still not show their CSS profile as being received? It is the only thing that I'm waiting on and I submitted it back on the 2nd. CollegeBoard shows that it was sent.
Same here

Mine shows as "received" and I added Harvard to my CSS the same day I got the acceptance email

Mine shows as "received" and I added Harvard to my CSS the same day I got the acceptance email
Mine is still marked as Not Received even though I submitted Friday as well.

Congrats everyone! I know it's been asked before, but has anyone gotten any more information about what the REACH scholarship is/covers?

Anyone else not able to access the normal applicant portal anymore?

Anyone know how many people came from the waitlist last year?

@JohnQ666 I heard around 10-15 came off the waitlist last year. I'm not sure if that was Pathways, HST or both.

To those accepted, has anyone received the admissions packet in the mail yet?

That’s not too bad! Thanks!

@JohnQ666 I heard around 10-15 came off the waitlist last year. I'm not sure if that was Pathways, HST or both.

To those accepted, has anyone received the admissions packet in the mail yet?
I haven't received it, but just emailed the scanned pdf in the meantime!

Hello! Has anyone on the waitlist received an email or snail mail asking them to confirm their spot on the waitlist?

Hello! Has anyone on the waitlist received an email or snail mail asking them to confirm their spot on the waitlist?
Not yet; the forms are hard copy and were shipped last week, so they should be arriving sometime in the next few days!