2017-2018 Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7/17 complete date!

Members don't see this ad.

II just now!! so thrilled!!!
LizzyM 72, complete 7/20

Reactions: 10 users
On the interview calendar, im only seeing 5 days at the end of sept, and nothing in October or November. Is anyone else seeing this? I'll probably send an email to see if I can come on another date, as none of those work for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
On the interview calendar, im only seeing 5 days at the end of sept, and nothing in October or November. Is anyone else seeing this? I'll probably send an email to see if I can come on another date, as none of those work for me.

yeah I'm seeing the same thing.

Also got an II today. I'm living abroad this year and am scheduling interviews back-to-back in later months. I called admissions, and they said that I just need to wait until later dates are available in the portal. Other schools have been more accommodating and have allowed me to schedule in advance. Would not hurt to check yourself though.

Reactions: 2 users
II! Complete 7/8. Not gonna lie, I'm SUPER pumped about this one. I am just excited to visit NY and check out the campus. Anyone else choose Friday, 9/15 for their interview?

Reactions: 5 users
II!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

i'm looking at the interview calendar and there are no dates available, not even in October and November...

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm looking at the interview calendar and there are no dates available, not even in October and November...

Someone overseas called and the office said they haven't released later dates, yet. Perhaps tomorrow?

II today :)
complete 7/17, mcat 518, gpa 3.92

Embarrassed to admit I finally am complete here. After learning about the Columbia-Bassett program, I got really excited and wanted to make sure my secondaries were spot-on. I hope I didn't get it in too late...

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my primary at the end of July, and have yet to be verified. But, I did receive the Columbia secondary immediately after I submitted my primary, and I was wondering if I needed to submit this secondary within 2 weeks of receiving it, or within 2 weeks of my app being verified. Thanks in advance, I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience.

Those of you with IIs. What day(s) of the week are interviews held? Thanks

Those of you with IIs. What day(s) of the week are interviews held? Thanks
Mine offered me weekdays from the 13th to the 18th. My friend who also got an II said they offered him a different timeline. I don't think anyone has the ability to schedule after September yet.

Mine offered me weekdays from the 13th to the 18th. My friend who also got an II said they offered him a different timeline. I don't think anyone has the ability to schedule after September yet.

Thanks. So interviews are every day of the week (M-F)?

Anyone know if Columbia is receptive to in the area notifications? And for those that have received an interview, what days of the week were available?

II, wtf, I'm actually kind of crying a little right now. I can't believe this

I come from a public, good but not typically considered super prestigious undergrad, so to get an Ivy interview... I am freaking floored

for reference: LizzyM ~77, complete 7/21

Reactions: 13 users

I come from a public, good but not typically considered super prestigious undergrad, so to get an Ivy interview... I am freaking floored

So happy for you! The more I learn about this school, the more I love it. Have a wonderful interview!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats!!! I hope to feel the same way.

I called in and they said they are receptive. When I emailed them, they emailed back saying they would take it into consideration.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how we figure out if we're in the morning or afternoon session of interviews?

Interviewing on the 20th! LizzyM of 75 or so, slightly nontrad (26 y.o.) but a ton of research, including two very unusual experiences in the developing world, which I think made me stand out. I'm flying up there from Florida, so pray to the storm gods that flights won't be grounded.

FWIW: I hate the practice of making applicants restate what's already in their AMCAS, so I didn't upload a C.V. No harm done yet, it seems.

Reactions: 3 users
For those with IIs, did you portal status ever change from "application submitted"? I submitted 7/20 and that is all I see still.

II just now!!
Complete 7/12 -interview dates were available for the last week of September :)

Edit: My status never changed from submitted, just added interview tab.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! LizzyM ~ 80, complete August 16. Super excited about Columbia!!! I saw interview dates in the last week of September and the first week of October.

II whooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: complete 7/14

II! Complete 7/16, LizzyM 73.5.

II just now!!
Complete 7/12 -interview dates were available for the last week of September :)

Edit: My status never changed from submitted, just added interview tab.

II this morning! LizzyM ~ 80, complete August 16. Super excited about Columbia!!! I saw interview dates in the last week of September and the first week of October.

Can one of you tell me what days of the week interviews are held? Thanks

Can one of you tell me what days of the week interviews are held? Thanks
They are offered every day of the week. They seem to only offer 5 days at a time. When one closes, the next week day on the calendar opens up.

How long did they take to mark letters as received? My letters were sent through AMCAS over a week ago and it's still marked as incomplete. Is this normal or should I call them?

Thanks!

I never submitted a MD-PhD application (on their secondary or AMCAS) but received a MD-PhD interview invite. Is this normal? Do they consider cross-applications?

I never submitted a MD-PhD application (on their secondary or AMCAS) but received a MD-PhD interview invite. Is this normal? Do they consider cross-applications?
I would contact them because I don't think that's a thing. Hopefully they're giving you a regular MD II (assuming that's what you were applying for).

How long did they take to mark letters as received? My letters were sent through AMCAS over a week ago and it's still marked as incomplete. Is this normal or should I call them?

Thanks!

I'm having the same issue. Letters should have been received around 9/1 but it doesn't say they were received.