2016-2017 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went ahead and scheduled mine! I wanted to just get it done in case dates started filling up (probably an unnecessary worry) and so I could get plane tickets! :)

Same here!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I scheduled mine too. It doesn't seem to like confirm my selection though? Kinda weird

Members don't see this ad :)
how long does it take for them to download letters...submitted two weeks ago and still not complete :eyebrow:

II about an hour ago via email!! But when I go to my status page it doesn't say anything about an interview and there's no calendar or anything soo

Seems like their IT system is basically no good haha

I checked MSAR and apparently WUSTL interviews ~1000 applicants, which seems like a lot for such a highly ranked school. I'm just wondering if it's worth spending the money to travel to St. Louis.

Hey people, just a question ... The WashU pre-requisite page states a math requirement as: "Calculus through differential and Integral equations" and "**Statistics can be substituted for one semester of calculus". Would I be alright If I were to a Calculus I + Biostatistics combination?

Did you ever contact them about that? If so, what did they say? I'm in the same situation!

WUT II!!!! still have to schedule a date tho..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted on 7/20/16 I applied to both the MD/PHD program and MD program got rejected from the MD/Phd program and got the II yesterday from the MD program

Submitted on 7/20/16 I applied to both the MD/PHD program and MD program got rejected from the MD/Phd program and got the II yesterday from the MD program
Congrats! I was complete the week after you...hopefully I'll hear some good news soon!

What dates are available for those who have II's?

Complete on August 27, how long does it usually take to hear back?

I was complete 7/23 and got an invite 9/1. But based on what I have been hearing, there seems to be little consistency. I guess it's not over until it's over, so if you don't get a rejection then you are still in the running at least until early next year for most schools.

Those who have IIs -- what was the earliest available date? Their website says interviews begin in October but I'm wondering if that's accurate. Has anyone interviewed here already?

Those who have IIs -- what was the earliest available date? Their website says interviews begin in October but I'm wondering if that's accurate. Has anyone interviewed here already?
the earliest date that showed up for me was the end of september. like end of this week, beginning of next week.

Ok. So about this II. I got an email, but my status page has not changed. They said I have to call or email to schedule a date. Is this legit?

Ok. So about this II. I got an email, but my status page has not changed. They said I have to call or email to schedule a date. Is this legit?
I don't think anyone who's trying to prank you will ask you to call the school...that will actually be what the prankster tries to prevent...

I don't think anyone who's trying to prank you will ask you to call the school...that will actually be what the prankster tries to prevent...
Lol, true. I just remember the other on here said they saw a status page change. That's what I was worried about.

Withdrew from here today. I pray one of you gets my seat for the interview!

II! Didn't get an email, just happened to check the portal. Very excited!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Ah, me too!! No email (not in spam either), just under the 'Check Application Status' there is a line that says 'Interview Offer Date' with today's date, and I'm able to schedule it under the 'Visit Arrangements' tab. So excited!

Reactions: 5 users
II! Didn't get an email, just happened to check the portal. Very excited!!!

Ah, me too!! No email (not in spam either), just under the 'Check Application Status' there is a line that says 'Interview Offer Date' with today's date, and I'm able to schedule it under the 'Visit Arrangements' tab. So excited!

Congrats to both of you!! Would you mind sharing stats/complete date?

Also received an interview invite, after reading this thread and then checking my portal!! Super excited to visit WUSTL - I almost applied to their 8 year MD program a few years back!

Application completed 7/11.

Reactions: 3 users
II, no email too!!! hooooly poop I love this school! complete 6/28 LizzyM ~77

Reactions: 2 users
Portal now says Interview Offer Date 9/21/2016 but I got no email?!?! So, II, I guess? My first? Will we ever get an email? I need more information and am kind of excitedly freaking out.

EDIT: Got email 1.5 hours later! Interview scheduled on October 25th!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got an email around 8:10 PM today for II...
So they do send them out, just maybe on a delay

Portal now says Interview Offer Date 9/21/2016 but I got no email?!?! So, II, I guess? My first? Will we ever get an email? I need more information and am kind of excitedly freaking out.

I had my portal update saying I had an interview offered and it let me schedule it but I didn't receive an actual email for a few days. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, congrats!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone know specifics about timing on interview day? For example, if I booked a flight out of STL for 5:15 pm after the interview, would I have enough time?

Anyone know specifics about timing on interview day? For example, if I booked a flight out of STL for 5:15 pm after the interview, would I have enough time?

on the website it says wrap up is at 3, and I google mapped the ride to the airport and it's about 20 minutes, so if you don't hit traffic that should work!

I applied MSTP (completed mid-August, LizzyM 81), and just got an email that said that my application "will be under consideration for an interview invitation at a future date". They said "We are deferring final decisions on some applications until we have a chance to see the entire applicant pool."

Is this a bad sign? They said there are 19 applicants in this deferred pool and that they interview 10 applicants from this pool on average. Has anyone been in this situation in the past?

They saw your post and they were like "He's right, let's send out some freaking IIs!"

You're right, but they could've been nice and broken the silence for me too ;_;

I've checked my portal probably 10 times already, no luck yet :(

I feel you bruh, the rate at which I'm checking my portal is unhealthy to say the least. But I am trying to be the optimist and maybe good news will come our way!