2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we supposed to receive anything in the mail after being accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do we wear to second look events?

Reactions: 1 user
Finally rejected...
Good times.

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected. Feels bad, man...

Morsani College of Medicine Class Of 2021!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One of the only schools out of state I was hoping to get into, but rejected yesterday. Oh well, there's always residency right?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do we wear to second look events?

If it's like last year, you will wear formal attire to the Friday evening event. For Saturday we wore business casual.

If you have questions on specifics let me know!

I interviewed in September, waitlisted since october, how do I get off of the waitlist?

I'm very interested in UF and I intend to apply this year. I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but does anyone have any additional information about UF, good or bad?

I'm very interested in UF and I intend to apply this year. I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but does anyone have any additional information about UF, good or bad?

I'm a student here, so I can answer any specific questions you may have.

I interviewed in September, waitlisted since october, how do I get off of the waitlist?

You could send a Letter of Intent. You can find good resources to write one on SDN or /r/premed. The admissions office loves to know applicants are still interested in the program!

Are waitlist people emailing updates/letters or using the application portal?

Waitlisted since October & just submitted a LOI - here goes nothing :corny:

Where do we send an update letter to and a letter of intent to?

Does anyone know if sending updates/LOIs is more effective through the portal vs emailing (e.g. which one is more likely to actually be looked at and considered or carry more weight)?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if sending updates/LOIs is more effective through the portal vs emailing (e.g. which one is more likely to actually be looked at and considered or carry more weight)?

Idk who could accurately answer this question..
I would just do both. And let them know u did in the email. Why not?

It was great seeing many of you at Second Look today. Hope to see you there in the Fall!

Does anyone know how we get our financial aid info if we didn't attend second look? I heard it was given out at second look but I wasn't sure if that was true or not!

Does anyone know how we get our financial aid info if we didn't attend second look? I heard it was given out at second look but I wasn't sure if that was true or not!

Called the financial aid office and they said offers will be mailed out to permanent addresses tomorrow

It was great seeing many of you at Second Look today. Hope to see you there in the Fall!

I wasn't able to make it, but would you or anyone else who attended be able to give their impression/a summary of how it went?

I wasn't able to make it, but would you or anyone else who attended be able to give their impression/a summary of how it went?

I'm one of the med students so any answer I give you will be biased... but it was awesome and I loved it! Can't imagine being anywhere else.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm applying here this May and I have a quick question: I did a Summer program at UF in 2016 and I'm wondering how this may help my future application. I know having done a Summer program won't get me in one its own but I fell in love with the school/area and could see myself attending, if possible. Would conveying my interest based on one Summer program be beneficial and how do I go about doing this? I formed a pretty good relationship with a program director (read: not in medicine, but related) and I'm wondering how this networking may be beneficial?

Thanks guys!

Who else here is hoping the waitlist gods gaze kindly upon them?

I'm applying here this May and I have a quick question: I did a Summer program at UF in 2016 and I'm wondering how this may help my future application. I know having done a Summer program won't get me in one its own but I fell in love with the school/area and could see myself attending, if possible. Would conveying my interest based on one Summer program be beneficial and how do I go about doing this? I formed a pretty good relationship with a program director (read: not in medicine, but related) and I'm wondering how this networking may be beneficial?

Thanks guys!
I'd suggest incorporating this into your secondary application for UF when you eventually work on it. There's a prompt asking you for any additional information that the committee should know in considering your application.

I agree on its own, just one Summer program at UF won't be sufficient. If you can be specific and a tiny bit anecdotal to what aspects of UF (and not necessarily other med schools) really won you over, then it can help convey why you really like the school. Best of luck!

Sounds like a good idea. Thanks!

I'd suggest incorporating this into your secondary application for UF when you eventually work on it. There's a prompt asking you for any additional information that the committee should know in considering your application.

I agree on its own, just one Summer program at UF won't be sufficient. If you can be specific and a tiny bit anecdotal to what aspects of UF (and not necessarily other med schools) really won you over, then it can help convey why you really like the school. Best of luck!

Does anyone know where to find the GatorLink username or email? The email is needed for the forms due 6/1.

Last edited:
I've heard anecdotally that the class is over-accepted at this point. If I had to theorize, I wouldn't expect much waitlist movement this year. I heard the waitlist was fairly stagnant last year too.

Did anyone else on the waitlist get an email about buying gator football tickets?