2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I still haven't heard and I'm starting to wonder what's wrong..

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted- just heard via email!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally heard back! ACCEPTED 12/7/16! Best day of my life! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
As someone who wants to write a letter of intent here, should I hand write it or type it out?

As someone who wants to write a letter of intent here, should I hand write it or type it out?
It's up to you in the end, but personally I hand-wrote just my interview thank-yous and would rather type out something a little longer and formal like a letter of intent.

Reactions: 1 user
II! So excited to hopefully be a Gator with the rest of my family!
IS/3.66/516 Complete 7/22

Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I was waitlisted a couple months ago. Has this school been historically receptive to letters of interest?

Any idea of how many interview weekend were available?
They offered me 1/20, 1/27, and 2/24 and mentioned that they do 2-3 Fridays per month (except February I guess?). I didn't get an end date, though.

Sent from my LGMS631 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
could anyone tell me around what time their interview day ended? trying to figure out transportation and whatnot :)

Hey is there a website or anything where accepted students are communicating about housing options/roommate searches?

Hey is there a website or anything where accepted students are communicating about housing options/roommate searches?
The email said to check out the UF COM class of 2021 page for all such info

Anyone OOS and complete in late August still waiting for a II?

Reactions: 5 users
interviewed on friday and was told i would hear back today... what time did you all hear back and did anyone hear back later than they expected? im freaking out!

II yesterday for MD/PhD! Couldn't be more excited to be interviewing here next week! I'm IS, so I chose the earliest date, but they are still scheduling out to March. Also, complete 10/15 for anyone wondering.

Reactions: 4 users
II yesterday for MD/PhD! Couldn't be more excited to be interviewing here next week! I'm IS, so I chose the earliest date, but they are still scheduling out to March. Also, complete 10/15 for anyone wondering.

Legit...
Congratulations!

This gives me a little bit of hope.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Any waitlist movement yet?

Does anyone remember if they gave out stats about waitlist stuff during the interview day?

Any waitlist movement yet?

Does anyone remember if they gave out stats about waitlist stuff during the interview day?

Waitlist movement generally wont occur until April when most people with multiple acceptances start to drop excess ones. As far as waitlist states, I don't know if they give those out, but know that it will vary greatly from year to year, and I'm not sure if I'm privileged to share my class's stats, but they did tell us during orientation how many came off the waitlist, and I can confirm movement does happen.

Waitlist movement generally wont occur until April when most people with multiple acceptances start to drop excess ones. As far as waitlist states, I don't know if they give those out, but know that it will vary greatly from year to year, and I'm not sure if I'm privileged to share my class's stats, but they did tell us during orientation how many came off the waitlist, and I can confirm movement does happen.
Do you feel comfortable with giving a ball park number? It's cool if you don't, I don't wanna get anyone in trouble and they might consider that to be proprietary info

II recently! OOS, complete in July, stats below!

Reactions: 3 users
Do you feel comfortable with giving a ball park number? It's cool if you don't, I don't wanna get anyone in trouble and they might consider that to be proprietary info

I will say for my class it was more than 10 and less than 30 people. Some years there may be relatively none, some years there will be a lot of movement. It all depends on how many they give initially and then how many opt for another school that year. I know with UF climbing ever higher in ranking and with the new facilities there has been less movement in recent years.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi quick question,

Can anyone tell me the Step One scores for recent years? I want to confirm the number I wrote down in the interview:)

Thanks!

I haven't received an II yet. Is it acceptable to contact the admissions office to inquire about my application? I uploaded an update letter a couple of months ago.

Hi quick question,

Can anyone tell me the Step One scores for recent years? I want to confirm the number I wrote down in the interview:)

Thanks!

I don't have an exact number, but I'm pretty sure last year it was very very close to the national average.

I haven't received an II yet. Is it acceptable to contact the admissions office to inquire about my application? I uploaded an update letter a couple of months ago.

Yeah, I'd give them a call. Our admissions office is particularly receptive and likes to see interest from the applicants.

Last edited:
Called them. They were really nice. Basically said that applications are still under review and that Interviews will go through early March

interviewed on friday and was told i would hear back today... what time did you all hear back and did anyone hear back later than they expected? im freaking out!

Don't freak out if you don't receive a call for acceptance! I was only emailed around 5pm. I did get a call and email from my interviewers a couple days later :D.

ACCEPTED!!!!! I'm so excited to be a Gator next year!!!
(Received the email shortly after 5; Interviewed 1/20)

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted! OOS with strong FL ties, stats below. Couldn't be happier, UF is my top choice :)

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know how many slots are left? Either from the 2021 FB page or through what you guys heard during interview.

Anyone know how many slots are left? Either from the 2021 FB page or through what you guys heard during interview.
They accept from every interview day so if you interview then you have a chance of being accepted. No idea how many spots are left since they accept within a range that factors in the probability of how likely people who are accepted are to attend. There's probably not a set number of spots left.

It's hard to say how many spots are left because they accept over the number of seats we have. They probably have a number they wont go over, but they haven't told us that. There are more people accepted already than there are seats in the class since some will drop in April if they decide to go elsewhere.

Does anyone know if those accepted can find their UFID numbers or if they have UFID numbers yet?

Does anyone know if those accepted can find their UFID numbers or if they have UFID numbers yet?
I think we got one when we did the first professional app thing. I know I had to put mine on my secondary app on the first page so maybe check there

Is UF done with sending invitations?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I cant say for sure, but our last interview is at the very beginning of march and they usually are inviting people up until a week or two before each interview day.