2016-2017 University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The number you should receive a call from is (352) 274-5850?

Members don't see this ad.

The number you should receive a call from is (352) 274-5850?
'

I'm not totally sure about this, I was called by each of my interviewers and if that's the case the phone number should be different for everyone.

Any tips for getting off the waitlist and when they might start letting people off it?

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have interviewed - were you sent the list of doctors that you were interviewing with before interview day? Or were you given them when you checked in that morning?

People who have interviewed - were you sent the list of doctors that you were interviewing with before interview day? Or were you given them when you checked in that morning?

We were given a list the morning of. They're listed on the agenda sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Any tips for getting off the waitlist and when they might start letting people off it?

I recall from my interview that about 50% of interviewees are ultimately accepted, either from the waitlist or outright. Unfortunately I don't remember how those 50% are distributed between outright and waitlisted. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Most of the waitlist movement is going to happen after the traffic deadline at the end of April.

Random tidbit I learned today, according to USNWR (which I personally don't put much stock in), UFHealth @ Shands is now tied with Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville as the best hospital in Florida.

UFCOM also remains the highest ranked school in FL at #40.

I'm an OOS reapplicant this year, interviewed here last year and absolutely loved the school. I was complete around 8/15 this cycle after not being complete until 12/10 last cycle (stupid, I know). Should I give some kind of post submission update restating my desire to go here? I don't really have any new activities to discuss so it would mostly just be me telling them how awesome I think they are.

Accepted today!!! So ecstatic! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Instead of sending any sort of application update, I received an email from UF telling me to apply to some online graduate certificate program...
Guess I have no hope this cycle.

Instead of sending any sort of application update, I received an email from UF telling me to apply to some online graduate certificate program...
Guess I have no hope this cycle.

Haha. Me too.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

How long after the interview does it usually take for them to get back to you with a decision?

How long after the interview does it usually take for them to get back to you with a decision?

My understanding is that they meet every two weeks or so, so it depends on when you interview. I got my decision 3 days after my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know the II -> decision turn around time for this school? Few months or a couple of weeks?

Completed 7/19 :( LM 68. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Complete late July, Lizzy M ~70 IS. Silence also.

Reactions: 1 users
II received 10/28; secondary was complete 9/4
Current UF student LizzyM 70

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II call on Monday. LizzyM 71, graduating from UF. Application completed on Aug 2nd. Thought they forgot about me or lost the app.

Reactions: 3 users
II 11/23. Lizzy M 69.9. In-State. Complete 8/29.

I am so excited for this interview! UF is my top choice!

Any suggestions for the interview? I've heard to just be yourself and relax.

Reactions: 2 users
I find out today if I'm accepted.
This is me anytime I get an email or phone notification.
qxyHYmih.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
Still haven't heard anything. This wait is killing me.