2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, did you hear back? How long did they take to give you an answer?

Unfortunately no. I interviewed over a month ago. The admissions office told me to call Ms. Walk next week. Apparently a decision was made but I never received an out of committee email. When I called, there was no record of my application status in their system. I think there is something going on with my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey does your portal say that you have an interview scheduled? Unfortunately if the II goes to my spam I probably won't get it since my email has recently been attacked by HUNDREDS of spammers lol. So checking the portal is my only hope
My portal still says interview not scheduled yet.

they don't update the portal
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
508 MCAT and 3.3 GPA. Silence since submission. Non-URM and OOS.

Hi everyone. Im not applying this cycle but to calm some nerves, I was told by a source on the admissions committee that they are meeting on Friday. So be on the look out next week for correspondence from them. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Any info on the match list for this year?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
~For anyone still waiting to hear back for an II~

I called Howard on Monday. The person I spoke to said the interview cycle will probably run until early May. She said if I didn't hear back by April 15th (which is a Saturday, but someone here got an II last Saturday!), then it most likely means I've been rejected.

P.S. I know some people here said they had difficulties calling admissions. I was able to get through after calling and then re-calling immediately after!
i didn't hear anything yet. applied last year nov

Hey everyone! I'm a current HUCM 2020 first year student. I will also be serving as a Freshmen Liaison for HUCM 2021. The HUCM 2021 Facebook page IS LIVE!

Additionally, HUCM is a learning environment like no other. I am proud to attend this school and can assure you that you will too. I'm willing to take some questions and about HUCM here on SDN. For the benefit of everyone, please ask on the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Called the admissions phone number: (202)-806-6269 during the allotted times between today and yesterday. Called 40 times in two days to check my admission status, but no one picked up. Silence post interim email in January and before II...

Called the admissions phone number: (202)-806-6269 during the allotted times between today and yesterday. Called 40 times in two days to check my admission status, but no one picked up. Silence post interim email in January and before II...

They tend to do that. I feel like a stalker whenever I do that

I called Monday, Thursday and today, no lie about 30+ times and no one picked up, I understand they are busy and probably understaffed, but whats the probability that
I would get no one and I've been trying literally for months now? I genuinely wonder how students get in contact with them if they aren't able to go physically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know it is like that sometimes but the last 2 times I called, they picked on the second try. They are probably on the phone with other studtents. Keep trying

Hey guys, recent update! I received an email from Mrs. Walk that I'm being considered for PARP program. I'm slightly confused because if I'm not selected, does that mean I won't get in at all? Any one have any advice for this?

Hey guys, recent update! I received an email from Mrs. Walk that I'm being considered for PARP program. I'm slightly confused because if I'm not selected, does that mean I won't get in at all? Any one have any advice for this?

That's a really good question! But, I'm sorry I don't quite know what that might mean. Have you tried calling admissions for a response?

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

what is the PARP program? Also, what is your mcat score?

@Ushipushi that is very interesting...unfortunately I'm not sure either. Did you receive this email from Ms. Walk today? And when did you interview?

hm if i was in your position, i'd respond and tell her you're interested in PARP and look forward to hearing a decision soon. Only 10-12 people get into PARP so it's a good sign that you're being considered and didn't get a flat out rejection. I think if you don't do/don't get it, you don't get to matriculate.

Reactions: 2 users
That's a really good question! But, I'm sorry I don't quite know what that might mean. Have you tried calling admissions for a response?

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
I immediately replied to Mrs. Walk asking for clarification. I interviewed 2/14

Has anyone else who interviewed beginning to mid-February heard any news yet?

After 5 more phone calls, finally got a response. Still being considered for an interview invite and interview invites may extend all the way until early May. We will be notified by email.

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone called admissions to find that it goes straight to voicemail, aka just a beep sound? I've called probably 10 times and after being prompted to press 1, that's what I hear

With respect to the phone calls, admissions has designated specific times for prospective students to call. Although it may seem annoying or repetitive, continue calling. If they are unable to answer the phone during these allotted times , they are on a call with another student. Patience is the name of the game with HUCM.