2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^same. I did not get a response either

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear anything at all today?

Also, I'm pretty sure silence after replying to the "are you still interested" email is normal. If you check past year's thread, they never respond to the answer. Also, today was the real traffic day since April 30th was on a Sunday. I'm assuming movement will start tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them last week about it and they said they received responses to that email so I guess it was just too many to respond to or something. Dr. Dayton also said they hadn't started pulling from the waitlist yet.

Last edited:
Can someone please post what the "still interested" email looks like? Thanks!!

Nope. On the plus side the longer they wait the more spots will be up for grabs potentially when they start pulling.
Ha, I hope you're right on that! Every time my phone rings I jump to look for that Camden area code. Sigh. Please please please let there be waitlist movement soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear anything today? I'm not sure if maybe they've made offers and it's just not being reported on SDN, or if they haven't gotten to their waitlist yet.

Anyone hear anything today? I'm not sure if maybe they've made offers and it's just not being reported on SDN, or if they haven't gotten to their waitlist yet.
I haven't heard anything.

nothing here either...here's to hoping soon though!

Maybe they had a committee meeting yesterday? lol I hope someone hears today!

Maybe they had a committee meeting yesterday? lol I hope someone hears today!
hahahah is it bad that I thought the same thing about the committee meetings on wednesdays...we gotta find a way not to let this drive us crazy every day! best of luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
Another day more silence... It's pretty odd since in past years people report getting calls starting traffic day, but it did seemed delayed this year with the "Are you still interested" email only being sent out last week. Well, here's to tomorrow, have a good cinco de mayo everyone.

Reactions: 3 users
So how's everyone holding up after the first week? Med school waitlists have taken off years of my life with the stress they induce.

Reactions: 4 users
If any lurkers on this thread have heard anything please let us know!

Reactions: 2 users
im very tempted to call and ask

I'd wait a few more days. Cooper has always had waitlist movement and they always pull from the waitlist, and old threads have people posting acceptances off the waitlist. It seems like this year they're doing everything late, I'd bet that they haven't even made calls yet and are probably finalizing who to call. The entire application cycle this year for Cooper has been really delayed if you go back and check, they began offering RD II only at the end of September when previous years was early September, the "are you interested" email came two weeks ago. I find it hard to believe not one person if accepted already off the waitlist wouldn't have posted, as it's been the trend in previous years.

Did anyone else get an interview about that 3 year program? Was wondering how many people receive an invite for that.

I got in touch. They haven't gotten to the waitlist, said it's been an 'interesting' year. Eek.
What the....what does interesting even mean? They haven't gotten to the waitlist as in there are no spots to give out or they haven't gotten to the waitlist because they are still deliberating on who to send offers to first?

did you by chance ask when they predict they will?
Yep! they said they really can't say when they will start. There's a number of people holding seats apparently and this year is just different from previous years. I second what outkast1 said though, that they probably have a sense of who all they will call but are waiting for more open seats?

Did anyone else get an interview about that 3 year program? Was wondering how many people receive an invite for that.
I think if accepted to Cooper, everyone get info on how to apply but not sure how large the programs are

I bet that for each year that Cooper gets more and more established there is going to be less movement because they are accepting people who truly fit there and won't give up their seats.

I bet that for each year that Cooper gets more and more established there is going to be less movement because they are accepting people who truly fit there and won't give up their seats.
Yea understandably it would be hard to say no to a school like this!:love: At least we know there's definitely seats based solely on those who have posted on here and likely more who just didn't post it on here

Hi everyone! I am a long-time lurker who decided to make an account real quick.

I was accepted to Cooper in October and will definitely be attending:love:! From the looks of it, there are 135 people in the accepted student FB group. Of those 135 people, approximately 15 are already students. It looks like we have had 1 student officially leave (as there used to be 136) thus far. The class size this year is pegged to be 96 IIRC. After attending second look, I did not meet a single student who was not dead set on attending and many to my surprise already secured housing. It is a great school that is gaining tremendous momentum and popularity IMO. At my interview everyone was so excited to be there, which was not the case at my other interviews.

To those on the waitlist, sit tight and best wishes! This school is incredible.

Yea understandably it would be hard to say no to a school like this!:love: At least we know there's definitely seats based solely on those who have posted on here and likely more who just didn't post it on here
It really sounds like there aren't seats - like that they didn't have as many people drop as expected so there haven't been any open seats for waitlisters.

Hi everyone! I am a long-time lurker who decided to make an account real quick.

I was accepted to Cooper in October and will definitely be attending:love:! From the looks of it, there are 135 people in the accepted student FB group. Of those 135 people, approximately 15 are already students. It looks like we have had 1 student officially leave (as there used to be 136) thus far. The class size this year is pegged to be 96 IIRC. After attending second look, I did not meet a single student who was not dead set on attending and many to my surprise already secured housing. It is a great school that is gaining tremendous momentum and popularity IMO. At my interview everyone was so excited to be there, which was not the case at my other interviews.

To those on the waitlist, sit tight and best wishes! This school is incredible.
Do you remember how many people were at second look?

Do you remember how many people were at second look?
Oh gosh, lots! I remember a faculty member even commenting into the mic in regard to how many people were there. The whole lecture hall was filled. But some parents were there too.

Oh gosh, lots! I remember a faculty member even commenting into the mic in regard to how many people were there. The whole lecture hall was filled. But some parents were there too.
Hm..yeah I was just trying to get a read on admitted students. To see if they accepted over 96 which it seems like they might have judging by your estimates from the FB group.

Well this is pretty discouraging

FWIW, the original email saying I'm on priority waitlist said they expect movement end of May! So stay strong everyone because honestly, why not?!

I think if accepted to Cooper, everyone get info on how to apply but not sure how large the programs are
I got that interview was wondering if anybody else in Sdn got it and knows anything about it.
Thanks

I was just going to say that. Every time I have called admissions since being wait listed, I've been told mid to late May and thought it might actually be sooner, but that's right around the corner now so going to keep hoping for good news for us all!:xf:

sorry had to delete what I posted

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I've been a long time lurker but thought I should post to help everyone and give a little clarity into the situation that is happening.

I have family at Cooper, one working there and one who is a med student, who have been talking to people on the admissions team. As of Thursday May 4, there are 98 people still holding onto acceptance offers. Since, the school is aiming for a class size of 96, they haven't dipped into the waitlist yet. This is totally different from past years where they let in ~50 students off the waitlist. The only thing that has really changed from last year to now is that Cooper is now an accredited medical school, which will make it more competitive. One positive takeaway is that those 98 people holding on to spots may be waiting to get off the waitlist at other schools so there is a chance movement will start happening soon. Personally, I'm not too optimistic and think there won't be much movement from now until the start of school but there is still a chance! I'm on the priority waitlist too so I'm really hoping for something.

I hope this helps some of you and I will update again when I get more info from my family. Best of luck to everybody!!

Hey I really appreciate this information, really nice of you. Oh well, guess it had to be my year that everyone wanted to go to Cooper. I've waited 9 months, another two won't be that difficult.

On a positive note, that means only 3 people have to drop to give at least someone on the waitlist a chance! But I understand that these 98 people holding acceptances only have a Cooper acceptance right now. Hopefully waitlist movement everywhere else helps us out!

Hey I really appreciate this information, really nice of you. Oh well, guess it had to be my year that everyone wanted to go to Cooper. I've waited 9 months, another two won't be that difficult.
Thank you for this. It will ease my anxiety about the whole thing. For now, I will assume I am not going to get accepted and if I do it will be a life-changing surprise!

anyone have inside info on the size of the waitlists?

Last year I'm pretty sure the Priority IS WL was exhausted since people on the regular IS WL reported being accepted, MSAR lists the number of students accepted of last year's WL at 20, so it should be smaller than that.

I know a total of ~120 people were waitlisted this year. Not sure of the breakdown of IS/OOS nor priority/regular.
Hey sasquatcher - Thanks for posting. Any time you have new info and can fill us in, I know we would all greatly appreciate it!

i know they expand every year for now but what was the class size last year?

i know they expand every year for now but what was the class size last year?

It was 88 last year, should be 96 this year, and will cap off at 104 for next year and all future years.