2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what did you include in these multiple letter- how did you keep from sounding redundant, or is that kind of the point in reiterating your interest and dedication to their mission etc?
all of my letters were updates as well, so i would do the update and then talk about my interest in the school, with each letter highlighting different reasons why i thought i fit with the mission/liked the school

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Priority waitlisted today. Interviewed 2/17, OOS

Yeah I was waitlisted interviewed 3/3 and it said late may too. But it said the waitlist isnt numbered so how are they deciding who gets off first?

It'll probably go through the priority list first and then the regular waitlist if there are spots left. But I'm not sure within the lists how they rank. It seems arbitrary.

I would send it as a PDF (it's professional, IMO) to either Dr. Dayton or Dr. McGeehan (or both). However, I doubt you would be judged for putting it into the body of an email or into a word doc.

for some reason, i'm having issues finding either of their emails online- are they not available on the website??

Cant wait to hear the first acceptance. please share your placements with us friends!

The physician I scribe for is writing me a letter to send in, what should I tell him to put in the address line? I'm thinking "to whom it may concern" is pretty safe. Or what about something along the lines of, "to the CMSRU admission's committee"?

The physician I scribe for is writing me a letter to send in, what should I tell him to put in the address line? I'm thinking "to whom it may concern" is pretty safe. Or what about something along the lines of, "to the CMSRU admission's committee"?
You're going to give yourself agita:). The first is general and the second is specific, neither will make a difference (I'm sure the content of the letter will have much more impact). Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're going to give yourself agita:). The first is general and the second is specific, neither will make a difference (I'm sure the content of the letter will have much more impact). Good luck!!!

Aren't all pre-meds supposed to be at least a little neurotic haha? Thanks

Hey all! I am a IS resident thinking about applying ED here this upcoming cycle. I really feel like I fit with the school's mission and I was hoping I could get some advice from applicants or medical students. My GPA/scGPA: 3.65/3.59 from a top school, MCAT:506, but I think the most important reason as to why I am interested in ED @ Cooper is because I have several long-term experiences of service with undeserved communities in my city and with students from my school community. Thank you so much and best of luck to those during this cycle:)
I would definitely apply. I'm on the waitlist here now. got an II with a 3.5/3.3 509, IS, and significant service to underserved communities. best of luck.

I just literally recieved acceptance my email right now. SUPER excited. I will be dropping my Rowan osteopathic medical school spot for those of you waiting for that. interviewed last friday!
amazing school

EDIT
501 mcat 3.6 gpa instate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I just literally recieved acceptance my email right now. SUPER excited. I will be dropping my Rowan osteopathic medical school spot for those of you waiting for that. interviewed last friday!
amazing school

I'm so jealous haha, literally in the same boat you left. I'd be happy at RowanSOM, but Cooper is so amazing.

Complete Sept 22nd.
II January 4th.
Interviewed March 10th.
Acceptance email received on March 16th at 2:41PM.
OOS - NYC....3.6/501.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Do you think the acceptance emails go out all out once? I thought my interview went well here and I also interviewed on March 10

I interviewed on March 10, too. Still waiting to hear...

Do you think the acceptance emails go out all out once? I thought my interview went well here and I also interviewed on March 10

Have you heard yet, or are you still waiting too?

How can you tell if you are on the priority waitlist vs the regular?

Priority waitlist should be clearly indicated in your email in bold. It should also say "You'll be the first to be offered seats as they open" in bold as well.

I'm assuming that if we haven't heard yet, we might well not hear until next week, what with Match Day and all!

Just got the email - it's the priority waitlist for me!

Priority waitlist for me as well!

anyone know when/where match results will be posted? thanks!

I'm out of state as well.

Congrats, Jay555! Priority waitlist is nothing to sneeze at.
Congrats to you as well! What is your real name if you don't mind me asking? I think we interviewed on the same day. I wonder if I remember you. I was the girl that talked about having to give up rugby during the Q of the day.

Congrats to you as well! What is your real name if you don't mind me asking? I think we interviewed on the same day. I wonder if I remember you. I was the girl that talked about having to give up rugby during the Q of the day.

PM-ing you

Does anyone have Dr. Dayton and Dr. Mcgeehan's emails?

Anyone going to Second Look Day on Saturday? If so, are you bringing guests?

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday. Hope one of you get it. Great school.

Any in state people get priority waitlist? I wish we knew at least how big these lists were.

If you are priority waitlisted in state, then you stand a very good chance. Cooper doesn't interview a lot of people to begin with, additionally, they want to keep the class 70% in state, so your chances go up even further

I know I'm being neurotic, but do you think the OOS priority waitlist is proportionally smaller than the IS one, based on those percentages?

Hi. I really loved Cooper, but was put on regular waitlist :/ is there even any chance I will be pulled? any advice is appreciated! im in-state btw!

Hi. I really loved Cooper, but was put on regular waitlist :/ is there even any chance I will be pulled? any advice is appreciated! im in-state btw!
I was on the regular WL last year and am currently an M1! (Also in state)

Can anyone comment on how second look day went?

Was their information on housing that y'all could share about housing you learned on second day?

Anyone have any info. on waitlist movement this year? Do we really have to wait until late May :(