2016-2017 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have any info. on waitlist movement this year? Do we really have to wait until late May :(
im hoping itll be earlier than that! are you IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

Previous year's threads have them sending out "Are you still interested in the waitlist" emails in early April, so I'm sure those of us on the waitlist will get that email soon. But it looks like they only start pulling off the waitlist really late April and then a lot after traffic day on the 30th.

Members don't see this ad :)
im OOS. I'm hoping that since Cooper is now accredited, they will start pulling off the waitlists earlier.
OOS here too hoping for some love! best of luck to us both!

Reactions: 1 user
the deadline for movement bumped up from the end of may to mid may last year, usually every monday of every 2 weeks here at cooper. u guys still have a longgggg way to go because movement continues all the way into the first week of july , so don't despair!

Does anyone know how the priority waitlist is ranked? Is it by interview date (probably not)?

My guess would be that it's either ranked by some sort of score or that they draw from the lists in response to who drops so they can ensure a balanced class. That said, I really don't know.

I actually don't know if this is true, but my reasoning was that they don't have to be so careful about overaccepting once they are accredited. So they wouldn't have to wait until traffic day to see who holds other acceptances.

Has anyone received any communication from Cooper after being place on any of the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah not yet, we should be hearing soon, the multiple acceptance deadline is only 20 days away too so it won't be much longer.

I mean so if Cooper only pulls off the waitlist after traffic day doesn't that mean anyone still left on their waitlist will be people who have received no acceptances? Doesn't that also mean that the priority waitlist doesn't matter as much because people on there will for the most part be the best applicants who will have likely received an offer elsewhere as well? I'm just thinking out loud here so correct me if I'm wrong.

I mean so if Cooper only pulls off the waitlist after traffic day doesn't that mean anyone still left on their waitlist will be people who have received no acceptances?
No. On traffic day, applicants have to drop down to one acceptance, meaning that one can still be on multiple waitlists.

Doesn't that also mean that the priority waitlist doesn't matter as much because people on there will for the most part be the best applicants who will have likely received an offer elsewhere as well? I'm just thinking out loud here so correct me if I'm wrong.
Even if a priority applicant has an acceptance elsewhere, he/she can still remain on the priority waitlist.

I wish all of you on the waitlist nothing but the best. Hopefully I will be seeing some of you in August!:)

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything at all regarding waitlist movement or gotten a "still interested in the waitlist" email?

Did anyone else apply for the 3 year primary care/peds track? Do you know when they'll start doing interviews?

Are you referring to a residency? Or an accelerated medical school?!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Accelerated program. After second look, we were notified of an opportunity to finish medical school in 3 years with a guaranteed placement into Cooper IM/Peds residency (as long as all requirements are successfully met).

I realized that I have a rec letter that was incorrectly assigned to Cooper on AMCAS (meant for a different school). Do these letters automatically get pulled into our file or does the admissions team have to do it themselves? Any advice here?

Accelerated program. After second look, we were notified of an opportunity to finish medical school in 3 years with a guaranteed placement into Cooper IM/Peds residency (as long as all requirements are successfully met).

Do you know when they'll start interviewing applicants for the three year tracks?

CMSRU Class of 2021 has 136 members :[
Many of those members are already students who joined the class page to help out incoming students. The class size is slated to be 96 with the maximum class size happening next year: 104 (future classes will supposedly never grow beyond this number, from my understanding).

Thanks Boat and Cube. Going insane over here. Hope we can all be classmates!

CMSRU Class of 2021 has 136 members :[

This is a bad estimator. There are a lot of members in that group from previous years and some are current students. Last year's class was only 88 students but there's over 100 members in their facebook group. Also, students with multiple acceptances are in the group as well. Don't sweat it man, Cooper has always has waitlist movement, so try and hold on 12 more days.

Reactions: 1 users
im on the waitlist but i was just curious...for those accepted, is there a grade minimum requirement to keep the acceptance? or do you just have to pass and graduate?

im on the waitlist but i was just curious...for those accepted, is there a grade minimum requirement to keep the acceptance? or do you just have to pass and graduate?
On the portal, it states that all undergraduate degrees must be completed and satisfactory academic progress must be maintained (without stating a specific grade level). So it seems that as long as you pass all of your classes, complete all of the required prereq's, and graduate, you would be fine.

However, if you want specifics, I would contact the school directly.

Last edited:
hi! i am a bit confused how the whole waitlist/deposit thing works. If i keep my deposit at another school but maintain my waitlist here and get in, do I just lose my deposit at the other school or are there other ramifications? thanks!

hi! i am a bit confused how the whole waitlist/deposit thing works. If i keep my deposit at another school but maintain my waitlist here and get in, do I just lose my deposit at the other school or are there other ramifications? thanks!
If it's not already listed in the traffic rules, I am sure that it would be school dependent (and would most likely include forfeiting your deposit). But there would be no other ramifications.

I got an email this morning asking waitlisters to let them know if they're still interested and to drop if they've made other plans.

Oh, and the email says waitlist movement will likely begin in May but they, of course, don't know exactly when.

Not gonna lie, my heart skipped a few beats when I saw that email at first

Received other acceptances, so I'll be withdrawing from the priority waitlist

Received other acceptances, so I'll be withdrawing from the priority waitlist
Congrats on your acceptances, and thanks for giving up your spot now that you know where you're headed!

Looking at last years thread, it seems like the first person got off priority waitlist on April 30th which was a Saturday last year oddly enough. The first person to get in off the regular waitlist(that we know of) was on May 9th, so it's coming guys; stay hopeful!

Reactions: 2 users
When you guys have been sending updates have they been to the cooper admission email or directly to Dr. Dayton? I've sent one to each and I just want to make sure that all the updates are associated with my file.

Congrats on your acceptances, and thanks for giving up your spot now that you know where you're headed!
I'm currently on a WL at my top choice, so I know how badly I want people to give up their spots. Withdrawing was hard... if I wasn't accepted to my state school, I would have probably wanted to hang on. CMSRU is an awesome school.

Just got a rejection email from Rowan (no II, so no surprise) and almost had a heart attack.

Rowan SOM, not Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. Deep breaths.

Just withdrew my acceptance here. It was such a tough decision. Cooper is an AMAZING school. I hope this goes to one of you lovely people. :)

Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope one of you guys gets the seat :)

Did people get a response after responding to the "are you still interested"? I replied directly to it and did not get a response.