2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 01/Dec. Canadian. Was previously put on the alternate list on Dec 25. Just heard back today with the 'no change in status' email. Gonna be another LONG month. WHY WAYNE WHYYY!! But .. but.. I LOVE you

Reactions: 1 user
Canadian still on the waitlist.....ugh what did I expect? Wayne state is going to send me an acceptance and make this the happiest day of my life? Of course not.

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone who applied to this school NOT Canadian?

Is anyone who applied to this school NOT Canadian?
Lol, I'm not Canadian. It does seem like Canadian applicants are getting a lot of attention.

Yes. A lot of their OOS students are Canadian though, which makes sense since they are a bridge away from Canada
I consider it like an " honorary neighboring state".

Before anyone says anything , yes, I know Canada is not a state.lol

I consider it like an " honorary neighboring state".

Before anyone says anything , yes, I know Canada is not a state.lol
Our "state" is bigger than all your states put together :p

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD ANYTHING?
Did you end up hearing back? I interviewed earlier this week on the 22nd. I wasn't supposed to hear back until next month, but a couple others that interviewed the same date seemed to have already have gotten a response so now I'm wondering if I should too....

I'm thinking about attending Wayne State.
If there are current students here (especially those who want to do Family Medicine or Geriatrics), does Wayne State do a good job in preparing students for those specialities? If so, then how?

Anyone have a reasonable guesstimate about when some additional II's may get sent out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have a reasonable guesstimate about when some additional II's may get sent out?

I called admissions on Friday and they told me that they most likely will not be sending out any more II as their last interview date is March 7th :( The person I spoke with seemed to be in a rush, but can anyone else confirm this as well?

I called admissions on Friday and they told me that they most likely will not be sending out any more II as their last interview date is March 7th :( The person I spoke with seemed to be in a rush, but can anyone else confirm this as well?
I cannot confirm a final II date but I was told that their last regular committee meeting will be on 3/21 and that decision day will be 3/23. If they have meetings every Monday then it seems like their interviews would go at least until 3/18, IMO.

How many of you ISers received merit scholarships already? I'm guessing Wayne sends these out over time but still curious.

just called the admissions office; they said they are done sending out II's. looks like no more interview invites.

just called the admissions office; they said they are done sending out II's. looks like no more interview invites.

I somewhat doubt they would reject someone over the phone like that. Maybe the person you spoke with didn't know for sure.

Hello all, I'm sorry for asking this, as I'm sure it's already been asked before, but does Wayne send rejections post-interview? At what point do waitlistees get rejected? Thanks for any info!

I somewhat doubt they would reject someone over the phone like that. Maybe the person you spoke with didn't know for sure.
I also have my doubts. However the one time I called there with a question, I got a one word response and was hung up on abruptly.

I also have my doubts. However the one time I called there with a question, I got a one word response and was hung up on abruptly.

(Let it be known that the information I was given turned out to be wrong)

(When you press edit but your phone thinks "quote" is a better choice.)

Last edited:

I have just called them too and they told me they're not sending out any more IIs. Well, round 3 here I come.

Its been an honour waiting with you guys for an II.

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats on getting that! Do you know what it was based on exactly?
They didn't specify anything besides that it was merit. I'm sure they were looking for something, but couldn't tell you what specifically.

How long has it been taking to get the acceptance packet in the mail?

I interviewed here on 2/22 and was accepted on 2/25! Congratulations to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting. I have a LizzyM of ~70

How many of you ISers received merit scholarships already? I'm guessing Wayne sends these out over time but still curious.

Had the same question! Anyone know how/when merit scholarships are disbursed?

So Wayne State does silent rejections huh?

My application was completed in August, and I never heard anything. I called the other day and was told their interview season is wrapping up and if I never heard anything I won't be getting an interview offer.

Well that really bums me out. Not even an email.

My application was completed in August, and I never heard anything. I called the other day and was told their interview season is wrapping up and if I never heard anything I won't be getting an interview offer.

Yeah...same here :(. Their complete e-mail says that applicants will receive an e-mail if invited for an interview for which the season is basically over :(.

When they rejected me pre-II last year, I got it by snail mail.

Their pre-II rejections are indeed snail mail. They send out small trickles of them during the end of the interview season and then mid-March or so send out all of 'em.

Omg I got an email from Wayne State today. I saw where it was from and freaked out because today's not an acceptance date, so I thought they were emailing to reject me early, like maybe if their waitlist is getting too long. It turns out they are emailing me to let me know they received my transcript that I sent them TWO MONTHS ago. My heart can't take this.

Omg I got an email from Wayne State today. I saw where it was from and freaked out because today's not an acceptance date, so I thought they were emailing to reject me early, like maybe if their waitlist is getting too long. It turns out they are emailing me to let me know they received my transcript that I sent them TWO MONTHS ago. My heart can't take this.
That would freak me out. I was about to check my email when I saw the first part of your post! Why did you have to send in transcripts?

Congratz to those who have been accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting!

For those of you who were accepted, did you write a thank you email or letter or something? Did you have to confirm your spot somehow? I haven't gotten the official acceptance packet in the mail yet, just that short email and it didn't say anything about needing to confirm anything, but I had this weird panic about it yesterday, since I had to confirm within a week at other schools. Also, typically how long did it take to get the official acceptance packet?

Congratz to those who have been accepted, and good luck to those who are still waiting!

For those of you who were accepted, did you write a thank you email or letter or something? Did you have to confirm your spot somehow? I haven't gotten the official acceptance packet in the mail yet, just that short email and it didn't say anything about needing to confirm anything, but I had this weird panic about it yesterday, since I had to confirm within a week at other schools. Also, typically how long did it take to get the official acceptance packet?

Yes, they will you send an acceptance letter. You have to sign it and include a brief note of acceptance. I was accepted February 25th and received the packet on March 4th. The letter says we have 3 weeks from the letter's date (February 24th in my case) to respond. No deposit is required.

Looks like they've updated the admissions tracker
4770 Applications
818 Interviews scheduled
347 Admission offers

Looks like they've updated the admissions tracker
4770 Applications
818 Interviews scheduled
347 Admission offers
I wonder where that extra application appeared from...

The Facebook group said 190 invites were mailed out last Friday but I haven't received anything.
Maybe it's worth calling the school just in case since we have multiple acceptances.