2015-2016 Wayne State University School of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there still a chance we'll be hearing about acceptances today or will it most likely be tomorrow?

Does anyone know if there still a chance we'll be hearing about acceptances today or will it most likely be tomorrow?

I will literally do anything if you call. I AM DYING AT WORK. ANXIOUSLY WAITING

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just bought my tickets for Mo Pop Festival.... Based on previous year's this festival occurs the weekend before orientation starts in a park along the river only a few miles from campus... if any of you like Borns, Father John Misty, The Head and the Heart, G-Eazy, M83, Haim, etc. should be fun! Line-up here http://mopopfestival.com/

Reactions: 1 user
Just bought my tickets for Mo Pop Festival.... Based on previous year's this festival occurs the weekend before orientation starts in a park along the river only a few miles from campus... if any of you like Borns, Father John Misty, The Head and the Heart, G-Eazy, M83, Haim, etc. should be fun! Line-up here http://mopopfestival.com/
G-Eazy!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Just wanted to say best of luck to everyone today. It's a stressful cycle and I know being told repeatedly to have hope is annoying, but know that good things will come in the future.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The-11-Emotional-Stages-of-Waiting-for-Someone-to-Respond-to-Your-Email-082815-624x468.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Say what.
Got an email saying decisions are delayed and we should hear no later than the 26th

Edit:

The email...

There will be a slight delay in notification of decisions for the February round of offers. I expect those to be released no later than this Friday, February 26, 2016 but it may be sooner. I will notify you as I receive updated information.

Thanks for your patience!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I feel worse for those have interviewed and don't know anything. I'm wait listed, not expecting anything :D

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I also got that email. I'm okay with that, as long as they don't change their mind and delay us some more, lol. I was worried we would have to wait for the next round of decisions in march.

Should I be concerned I didn't get an email??

Would you guys call if you didn't get one?

I was supposed to be notified last release date, but got moved to this one....

Should I be concerned I didn't get an email??

Would you guys call if you didn't get one?
Maybe you could call (for us) and ask about an estimated time frame for decisions lol

wait, are you guys waiting for post-interview decision or for interview invites? Are all IIs done for this cyle?

Did anyone else not get an email?
Maybe your decision is coming today. Mine came around 5:30 p last month ( was wait-listed though). Or maybe only previously wait-listed people received the email today ( I received it). Don't panic

Last edited:
Hey everybody!

First of all, congratulations to all of those who have been accepted already this cycle and good luck to those who are still waiting. I am a current M4 at Wayne and am happy to answer any questions about what it's been like to be a student here. Sorry to hear that there's been such a delay with admission decisions. I remember going through the same thing 4 years ago and I'm back to another waiting game of my own as I watch the days count down before Match.

I also wanted to say that my room in Studio One apartments will be available in early April. Most of you are probably going to be moving closer to school time, but if you were interested in moving earlier, I wanted to advertise that this room will be open. Studio One is only a few blocks from the med school as well as the DMC medical campus. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in hearing more about it.

Hey everybody!

First of all, congratulations to all of those who have been accepted already this cycle and good luck to those who are still waiting. I am a current M4 at Wayne and am happy to answer any questions about what it's been like to be a student here. Sorry to hear that there's been such a delay with admission decisions. I remember going through the same thing 4 years ago and I'm back to another waiting game of my own as I watch the days count down before Match.

I also wanted to say that my room in Studio One apartments will be available in early April. Most of you are probably going to be moving closer to school time, but if you were interested in moving earlier, I wanted to advertise that this room will be open. Studio One is only a few blocks from the med school as well as the DMC medical campus. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in hearing more about it.

Thanks for offering to do this for us. :)

Also, here's hoping they start releasing offers today.

Does anyone know if interview invitations are still going out? Canadian applicant still waiting. Any others Canadians still waiting for an interview?

ACCEPTED, good luck to everyone

Reactions: 7 users
Canadian here. Just got my waitlist email. I guess part of me is happy, but so exhausted from being in limbo for so long.

Good luck everyone!

NOW IS NOT THE TIME, JACKTHREADS.

I just got accepted !I am going to medical school y'all.

Reactions: 7 users