2015-2016 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Youre right! Ill be seeing you in class next year ;)

So happy to hear that! Congrats, @SSSMDt! :joyful:

I haven't heard anything yet, but hoping I can join you this fall!

Members don't see this ad.

So happy to hear that! Congrats, @SSSMDt! :joyful:

I haven't heard anything yet, but hoping I can join you this fall!

Haha no that was me being optimistic! Havent heard anything but we're gonna get in!

Reactions: 2 users
Haha no that was me being optimistic! Havent heard anything but we're gonna get in!

Oh! Haha. :smug:

Well, I am definitely rooting for you! Let's keep our hopes up for being classmates next year!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got THE call!!! I interviewed 12/13. The EXCOM member told me that due to regional interviews, this was the 1st chance he had to present me to the board. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!!

Reactions: 8 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
For those of us who haven't heard back, does anyone know when the waitlist will be announced?

I got THE CALL just now, I'm in!! I'm speechless! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!

(Me before the calls happen): I don't want another pesky SUC email!!

(Me after accepted people are called): Please give me another SUC email instead of a rejection!!

For those of us who haven't heard back, does anyone know when the waitlist will be announced?

Last year the final EXCOM meetings were on March 9th and 10th, and waitlist/rejection emails arrived on the 11th. So I imagine that (assuming this is the final meeting) everyone will know their status by the end of monday. Also, those who were rejected were shut out or saw a change in their application portal, so check yours and if it changed, that might be a clue.

Also, last year I received a SUC on Feb 29th, and we haven't received anything since January 29th so this may be a pre-final meeting.

Last edited:
Id give up my first born for a call right about now

Members don't see this ad :)
So happy to see all of the acceptances! Congrats everyone!

It seems that most accepted have been in state. I've been in touch with my OOR interview group and none of us have heard back. So maybe they haven't talked about us yet or decided either way! Let's keep the dream alive people!

image.jpeg
I'm a longtime reader of the thread, but just made a profile (probably getting to anxious). I'm an IS and my profile says that the alternate list has been made up for a few regional sites, does this mean I'm on the wait list?

View attachment 201056 I'm a longtime reader of the thread, but just made a profile (probably getting to anxious). I'm an IS and my profile says that the alternate list has been made up for a few regional sites, does this mean I'm on the wait list?
I believe everyone has had that on their profile page for quite a while, sorry :/ Stay positive though! My EXCOM member said emails will be sent out next week. Those on the waitlist will be hearing back after the deadline for students to confirm their offer to UWSOM. Best of luck!

Does anyone know if the meetings are all done?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anyone know if the meetings are all done?

I'm not sure, but part of me thinks that was the last big, two-day meeting, though I hope it wasn't... So anxious, this has been a loooong wait.

I don't know it seems like not very many people were called yesterday so part of me thinks they've only had the first meeting. It feels like a lot of us haven't heard yet

When do accepted people have until to respond?

In other news, there are only 63 people in the UWSOM E-2016 Facebook page. I'm guessing more people have Facebooks than that. Hence I'm hoping this was only part of the big EXCOM meeting at the end of the cycle.

Reactions: 1 users
That appears to be the group for all sites. The Seattle specific has like 17 members. So that's a little more positive although Facebook is prolly a very weak source.

@crazed4yoga were you able to get any Intel?:bucktooth:

I really wasn't able to glean much. I just checked the room where I know they have the meetings, and I didn't see it reserved for them on Friday (yesterday).

Honestly, my gut really tells me that the final meetings for Seattle are this upcoming week. It just don't feel like there have been enough acceptances like there are last year, and I think they were just getting caught up. As other people pointed out, the FB group just doesn't have a lot of people in it yet either. This time last year before the final meeting, there was already like 30ish people in the group if I remember correctly.

I really can't say much but my gut says that they still have a lot of acceptances to go for Seattle interviews. So stay positive!

Reactions: 4 users
I really wasn't able to glean much. I just checked the room where I know they have the meetings, and I didn't see it reserved for them on Friday (yesterday).

Honestly, my gut really tells me that the final meetings for Seattle are this upcoming week. It just don't feel like there have been enough acceptances like there are last year, and I think they were just getting caught up. As other people pointed out, the FB group just doesn't have a lot of people in it yet either. This time last year before the final meeting, there was already like 30ish people in the group if I remember correctly.

I really can't say much but my gut says that they still have a lot of acceptances to go for Seattle interviews. So stay positive!
Thank you so much for that update! Trying to keep the dream alive over here :nailbiting:

Saved me the trip down to Health Sciences. I was going to try and check if next week's schedule is up on the rooms yet though.

Does anyone have a bit more insight on the excom process? Say my excom rep is present at the meeting. Does he or she talk about all of her/his candidates in that meeting where she/he is present? So the committee asks the rep about her candidates and then they vote on it?

Sorry if it's a weird question. I'd appreciate any insight into this process.

Does anyone have a bit more insight on the excom process? Say my excom rep is present at the meeting. Does he or she talk about all of her/his candidates in that meeting where she/he is present? So the committee asks the rep about her candidates and then they vote on it?

Sorry if it's a weird question. I'd appreciate any insight into this process.
Your EXCOM member is not required to bring people up. Otherwise, you would hear back right away.

However, at the last meeting that is what happens. That's why the last meeting takes so long.

Congrats to all accepted!!! Seems they made it rain this past week. To those who don't happen to hear back today (Monday) do NOT despair! !!

After a meeting a batch heard bk Friday from my interview date and before...but not I. A fellow interviewee adviced me to check MON. Since they probably hands had a chance to call everyone. Waited for Monday and silence. With all hope lost I spent Tuesday doing evrything but think of UWSOM and lo and behold i got the call!

Stay strong SDNers and hope to see yall at second look. :horns::welcome:

OOR, Accepted! My heart could just burst. :clap:

Last edited:
Congrats on all the acceptances. I receive the acceptance call on Friday 2/26 but I have not received anything in the mail yet. Should I contact them?

Congrats on all the acceptances. I receive the acceptance call on Friday 2/26 but I have not received anything in the mail yet. Should I contact them?
No. It takes them a few days to a week or two (since it was a Friday) to get everything out. You'll get an email soon and your portal will change when that happens. Just relax and celebrate!

Congratulation to everyone who is accepted! Does anyone know if the last final meeting was done on last Friday? I interviewed on Jan 7th and still waiting. Good luck to everyone else in the same boat~

alternate list #50. so close but so far.... it's been real y'all. see you again next year. congrats to those that got in and good luck to the rest of you!

Feeling the same way. Sky high on the list myself. Huge bummer. Good luck, guys!

alternate list #50. so close but so far.... it's been real y'all. see you again next year. congrats to those that got in and good luck to the rest of you!
For Seattle?

When did you guys find out??

Does anyone remember how many people get off the alternate list? And if alternate list people allowed to go to second look??

Rejected. But ok with it BC frankly...... Worst showing by a med school on interview day of 10 schools. Also, didn't like UW for undergrad and Seattle gives me SAD.

Actually happy that now my family can't badger me to stay here :p

Rejected today, too. :sorry:

Sad not being back at UW, but will be heading to PNWU!

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted and placed on the alternate list for this fall! Wishing you the best of luck! :giggle: