2015-2016 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted just now. Does anyone know where/when we can find financial aid info?
Congratulations!! I was actually just accepted too, right after posting this! I've been dancing around my apartment for the past 15 minutes

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted via Email

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those accepted! Were you guys on first tier or second tier waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
1st tier WL
1st tier. So if we end up choosing Pitt do they need to receive the deposit on the 23rd or does it just need to be stamped as sent on that date by the post office?

1st tier. So if we end up choosing Pitt do they need to receive the deposit on the 23rd or does it just need to be stamped as sent on that date by the post office?
The email said "postmarked" by May 23rd.

Congratulations to all who were accepted!!

Nothing here sadly. Was praying for some love so I could be closer to my SO (I wish I mentioned this in my letter), but perhaps another round of acceptances soon! :)

Congratulations to all who were accepted!!

Nothing here sadly. Was praying for some love so I could be closer to my SO (I wish I mentioned this in my letter), but perhaps another round of acceptances soon! :)
We'll get in next round!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just counted the class of 2020 directory today and we are at 148.

just checking. any other matriculating students (who have sent in their deposit) received anything other than the login for the pitt email? I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any major emails/information. thanks!

just checking. any other matriculating students (who have sent in their deposit) received anything other than the login for the pitt email? I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any major emails/information. thanks!
That is all I have received so far.

May I ask when you received the pitt email login? I sent in my deposit last Wednesday (5/11) and still haven't heard anything...I'm actually worried that the mail got lost somehow...

Officially withdrew from the first tier waitlist. Best of luck everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
May I ask when you received the pitt email login? I sent in my deposit last Wednesday (5/11) and still haven't heard anything...I'm actually worried that the mail got lost somehow...
Yes, Monday May 16th. I would call and see if they received. I actually just check my bank account and saw that the check had been processed. Thats how I knew they got it.

I assume a full class at this point, but anyone care to update us on that directory number again?

Goodbye Pitt, withdrawing from 1st tier so I can move on to accept my current school. Thanks @ohnotornadooo, and best of luck to everyone starting M1 this year, wherever you end up!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Pitt makes you buy a laptop through them? Looking for laptops now and don't want to end up with 2

I e-mailed them today because my log in portal was down for about a day. They fixed it, and also let me know they are at class size, so it will be 1 for 1 off the waitlist from this point forward. I guess it's time to get rid of hope.....but maybe I'll get lucky?

I e-mailed them today because my log in portal was down for about a day. They fixed it, and also let me know they are at class size, so it will be 1 for 1 off the waitlist from this point forward. I guess it's time to get rid of hope.....but maybe I'll get lucky?
Thanks for sharing this info! I'm still hoping, but reminding myself to be realistic at this point.

Can any current students (or other folks in the know) comment on the $2k estimated cost for first year books and supplies? Is this accurate, or do most students end up spending less? Trying to get a head start on budgeting for next year. Thanks!

Can any current students (or other folks in the know) comment on the $2k estimated cost for first year books and supplies? Is this accurate, or do most students end up spending less? Trying to get a head start on budgeting for next year. Thanks!

Depends on you, really. The largest expenditure will most likely be your physical exam equipment, which is required. If you get the top of the line stuff they offer then it can cost almost $1000, but I know fellow students that opted for the cheaper versions that cost a few hundred dollars instead. As for books, I think most people buy a few of the required/recommended books, which can run you $200-$300, but you can get away with buying almost none of them (many of them are available online through the school). You can also get cheaper used or international versions.

Bottom line, most students end up spending less than the estimates $2k. If you plan on going the budget route, then I would say it's safe to estimate about $500.

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting on SDN and also on the waitlist. Does anyone have an updated number from the student directory?

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting on SDN and also on the waitlist. Does anyone have an updated number from the student directory?
Also on the waitlist still waiting. I called early last week and they said they're at class size right now.

This is so weird.... Could it be that there has been waitlist movement and it just happens to be people who don't post on SDN? I just seems so strange that the pattern this year is so much different than what it has been in the past. If I recall, on interview day someone mentioned that it wasn't necessarily "a bad thing" to be on the waitlist. Sure seems bad right now.... Not that I had the expectation that I specifically would get accepted off the waitlist. It just seems like someone should have...

This is so weird.... Could it be that there has been waitlist movement and it just happens to be people who don't post on SDN? I just seems so strange that the pattern this year is so much different than what it has been in the past. If I recall, on interview day someone mentioned that it wasn't necessarily "a bad thing" to be on the waitlist. Sure seems bad right now.... Not that I had the expectation that I specifically would get accepted off the waitlist. It just seems like someone should have...

There have been a few already if you go back in this thread. All from upper tier.

I would be curious to see how many people are still on the Pitt waitlist (since some have inevitably withdrawn), but I know they can't give out those numbers. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There have been a few already if you go back in this thread. All from upper tier.

I would be curious to see how many people are still on the Pitt waitlist (since some have inevitably withdrawn), but I know they can't give out those numbers. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, that would be helpful to know. There is a big difference between being 1 of 15 on a waitlist and being 1 of 150.

Based on how many they have taken from the waitlist in previous years, I would think that the first tier would hold a pretty sizable number, but like you said, who knows how many people have withdrawn. At some point will they start letting people who are unlikely to be taken off the waitlist know?