2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has been accepted to TCMC, and another school, and is having a hard time deciding between the two, PM me with any questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Committee meeting coming up this week. Good luck to everyone still waiting for final decision:luck:
I personally don't expect to hear any news from this meeting since most people posting here were deferred at least twice before getting final decision but you never know...
How did you find out when it is? And do you know how long it takes to hear back after the meeting?

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Just basing it on the TCMC Academic Calendar( filter for committee meetings) and the posts here. Educated guess: Most decisions are released a day or two after the meeting. II/pre-interview rejection emails are typically sent out the day of/after the meeting. Deferrals seem to be released 2 days after the meeting and acceptances are a day or two after. In previous cycles, acceptances have been released up to a week after the meeting. Post interview rejections are sent via mail so the time frame varies depending on how far the applicant lives from TCMC.
Thanks for the informative response! I'm only seeing the MBS committee meeting which was yesterday. Did I miss something?

Just basing it on the TCMC Academic Calendar( filter for committee meetings) and the posts here. Educated guess: Most decisions are released a day or two after the meeting. II/pre-interview rejection emails are typically sent out the day of/after the meeting. Deferrals seem to be released 2 days after the meeting and acceptances are a day or two after. In previous cycles, acceptances have been released up to a week after the meeting. Post interview rejections are sent via mail so the time frame varies depending on how far the applicant lives from TCMC.

So post interview rejections don't get an email whatsoever? Does the portal change or is there any electronic indication? I hate waiting for mail lol

So post interview rejections don't get an email whatsoever? Does the portal change or is there any electronic indication? I hate waiting for mail lol
No, rejections get an email, followed by a letter in the mail. Same way for acceptances.

Post interview rejections only get a letter in the mail. No email or status changes on the portal. No electronic communication of any sort.

@clathrinte @oceanic790 soooooooo I don't know who's correct lol, do you mind sharing where you both got your information?
I didn't get a rejection so I'm probably not the best person to be responding, but I've seen several people reference rejection emails here (e.g. @Dolly96). Maybe it's different for pre-II and post-II rejections?

I didn't get a rejection so I'm probably not the best person to be responding, but I've seen several people reference rejection emails here (e.g. @Dolly96). Maybe it's different for pre-II and post-II rejections?

Based on previous responses, an email is sent out for pre-interview rejections and snail mail is sent for post-interview rejections.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup I sent an update/interest combo letter after I was deferred
Just got deferred this morning. Interviewed in December. Thanks so much for tip! It is much appreciated. Also congratulations!! You're going to be a doctor!

Just withdrew my II here, I hope it goes to one of you guys :)

I'm getting super anxious. Has anyone had any experience calling adcoms and asking for an update?

So I guess there is a committee meeting this week?

Welcome to the deferral club, folks.

Just got an II here. OOS 3.6ish 95th MCAT.
Haven't been keeping up on this thread. Many acceptances left? Trying to decide whether to attend

Any acceptances recently (after the Committee meeting on Monday)? Looking for hope after all these posts.

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected this morning pre-II, OOS with Lizzy~68.

Accepted!!!

Via e-mail a few min ago.

I am so happy! This place has really impressed me from start to finish and I'm very proud to call myself a member of the class of 2020.

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted!!!

Via e-mail a few min ago.

I am so happy! This place has really impressed me from start to finish and I'm very proud to call myself a member of the class of 2020.
When did you interview?

Anyone got deferral then accepted/rejected? And how long was your time frame before the final decision?

Anyone got deferral then accepted/rejected? And how long was your time frame before the final decision?

+1

would like to know if anyone who was deferred got some good news after this week's meeting specifically

Deferred back in November - no news today. Pretty much giving up for this school :shrug:

Has anyone who was interviewed in November and Deferred in December heard back? I am under the same circumstances.

Accepted today!! Interviewed 1/11

Reactions: 4 users
Soooooo... I've been deferred since the first committee meeting in October. Have they forgotten about me?

Any news from the interview group on 1/22?

Since as far as I know they only meet once a month I would assume that they looked at everyone who interviewed before this Monday (2/1).

II like a week or so ago, but I turned it down. Hope it goes to one of you!! Best of luck!

Sorry everyone ,I need to vent for a second! I am no longer optimistic about my chances at TCMC. They have been pretty consistent and predictable when it comes to reviewing/releasing decisions. The trends suggest that the class is pretty much set after February. In the past there have been verrrrry few acceptances after February . Early in the cycle deferrals were clearly not soo bad as most eventually got accepted but at this point in the cycle most remaining on the deferred list will just roll over to the waitlist. Chances of getting off the 'alternate list' at TCMC are pretty slim. To be honest I rather them just cut me off and send the rejection letter than drag it out!

***There is a minute chance that some acceptances will be released tomorrow ....:whistle:
Where have you gathered this data from (is this consistent every year) and how do you know the acceptances will be released tomorrow?

I have a few questions and I believe I've addressed them here before but I still feel confused.
1. Does anyone know if TCMC distinguishes between a Letter of Intent and a Letter of Interest? I don't want to write an Intent letter because I don't want to back out of the commitment if for any reason I decide not to go.
2. Does anyone know how they prefer to receive LOIs? Email or handwritten? Addressed to the dean or addressed to the entire committee?
Anyone having any specific insight to letters of intent and letters of interest, I would really appreciate your help, as I am starting to become nervous that I won't get into any school.

I have a few questions and I believe I've addressed them here before but I still feel confused.
1. Does anyone know if TCMC distinguishes between a Letter of Intent and a Letter of Interest? I don't want to write an Intent letter because I don't want to back out of the commitment if for any reason I decide not to go.
2. Does anyone know how they prefer to receive LOIs? Email or handwritten? Addressed to the dean or addressed to the entire committee?
Anyone having any specific insight to letters of intent and letters of interest, I would really appreciate your help, as I am starting to become nervous that I won't get into any school.
They are basically the same thing. Letters of intent mean that if accepted, you will, without a doubt, attend. Interest is more of 'hey...im still very interested, ive done blah blah and its how i fit your mission'

Email is fine, and i would email it to the admissions, as well as the dean.

II earlier this morning, withdrew my app, hope it goes to someone who deserves it!

II earlier this morning, withdrew my app, hope it goes to someone who deserves it!

Well, I was told I was put on the interview waitlist this morning and just got a II now, so I guess it was me!! Thanks and best of luck to you next year!

Well, I was told I was put on the interview waitlist this morning and just got a II now, so I guess it was me!! Thanks and best of luck to you next year!

Same here! II earlier this afternoon after getting the interview wait list email!