2015-2016 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Historically they have been doing rejections and wait list before acceptances.
Whew that's good to hear, guess I'll still hold on to some hope :)
It is a possibility but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. Have you checked your TCMC portal? just in case the email went to your spam folder....I believe you can see all the emails they have sent you on the portal
Did check, nothing was there. Do you know if they update it at all for rejections?

Members don't see this ad.

If I haven't received any emails and I interviewed Nov 20, is it safe to say that I was rejected?
I'm in the same boat as you. Interviewed a few days before you in November. Just praying now.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I haven't received any emails and I interviewed Nov 20, is it safe to say that I was rejected?
I was in the same boat as you. Got the rejection letter today via postal mail. Good luck

Anyone else get rejection snail mail today?

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewing here soon, any suggestions of things to do/places to see/places to eat while in Scranton? I'm OOS and want to get a feel for the town :)

I was in the same boat as you. Got the rejection letter today via postal mail. Good luck
Got rejection letter yesterday in the mail :/
Ah well, wasn't meant to be. Hopefully I'll have better success in the near future :)

For those who got accepted, did you get the decision through email or mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!!! Complete mid aug interviewed 10/16 gpa 3.8 mcat 30 military experience as surgical tech with alot of community service. For those of you that are still waiting do not lose hope!!
What were some of the questions asked during your interview ? Do you mind giving a quick summary about your interview ?

What were some of the questions asked during your interview ? Do you mind giving a quick summary about your interview ?

Sure! Interview day was pretty standard. Tour of the school, interview with current student and faculty. Lunch with students. Interview with student: standard questions, why i want to be a doctor, why tcmc, current problems faced by physicians. Interview with faculty: questions were based off of my application. Overall, the interviews were pleasant, stress level was zero. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Got rejection letter yesterday in the mail :/
Ah well, wasn't meant to be. Hopefully I'll have better success in the near future :)
Does it show on your portal that a decision has been made after you got the letter?

II today! Complete 7/17. Scheduled for 2/20!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed mid-September and was deferred in October, is it weird that I haven't got a post-interview result yet? Anyone on my boat?

I interviewed mid-September and was deferred in October, is it weird that I haven't got a post-interview result yet? Anyone on my boat?

Very similar boat. Based on last year's thread it's not weird at all.

Rejected post-deferral via snail mail, interviewed 11/2, IS. Best of luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

:wow: I did not expect for them to be rejecting from the deferred pile before April ! I am guessing you were deferred in December?
Yup deferred via email about a month after my interview in December. I was pretty surprised I heard from them that quick:shrug:

Very similar boat. Based on last year's thread it's not weird at all.
When you're deferred, they review your application at each committee meeting following your interview until they make a decision. So it's possible to hear as soon as the next month, or not until the end of the whole interview season.

Interviewing here soon, any suggestions of things to do/places to see/places to eat while in Scranton? I'm OOS and want to get a feel for the town :)

I have the same exact question. I've looked around the town using google street view to kind of get a bearing of what things would interest me. For the most part, I fly in to Philadelphia really early the day before so I'm going to do some sightseeing before making the drive to Scranton.

As for interviews, does anyone know how many interviews TCMC offers vs applications submitted? At other schools that I've interviewed at they would drop the number to emphasize that we had made it through a rigorous screening process.

I have the same exact question. I've looked around the town using google street view to kind of get a bearing of what things would interest me. For the most part, I fly in to Philadelphia really early the day before so I'm going to do some sightseeing before making the drive to Scranton.

As for interviews, does anyone know how many interviews TCMC offers vs applications submitted? At other schools that I've interviewed at they would drop the number to emphasize that we had made it through a rigorous screening process.

According to MSAR:

Verified Applications: 5930
Interviewed: 818
Matriculated: 100 (~200-250 accepted)

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected just now pre-II Lizzy M 70. Complete late August. Good luck to everyone else still in the running.

II! Scheduled for 2/19. Complete 8/1. OOS. LizzyM~68. From what I could see, they only had interview dates available Feb 19-26.

Any insight on whether or not I will be interviewing for the waitlist or do I have a decent chance of getting an acceptance with a late interview?

II! Scheduled for 2/19. Complete 8/1. OOS. LizzyM~68. From what I could see, they only had interview dates available Feb 19-26.

Any insight on whether or not I will be interviewing for the waitlist or do I have a decent chance of getting an acceptance with a late interview?
I wouldn't say you're interviewing for the waitlist... It's an interview just like any other, despite it being late. Good luck!

The waitlist isn't constructed until the end of the interview season, based on anyone they've deferred. This is according to the head of admissions on my interview day. So ideally, you've got as good a shot as anyone else applying. Good luck!

Am interviewing here Feb. 3rd and watching the news of the blizzards is freaking me out. I'm from Miami :scared:

Am interviewing here Feb. 3rd and watching the news of the blizzards is freaking me out. I'm from Miami :scared:
I'm a student here - we barely got any snow during the Blizzard. Maybe 2-3 inches? And it's all basically already melted. Unless another blizzard comes through, you'll be fine.

Rejected this morning pre-II. OOS LizzyM 65, Complete 8/12 - good luck to everyone else!

Withdrew an II, cannot afford to attend. Good luck!

Congrats to those accepted and invited for an interview! Do you guys mind sharing your stats?

Just now rejected. It was probably the nicest rejection email.