2015-2016 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hoping it goes to one of you fine people

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone have information on an estimated Cost of Attendance for 2016-2017? I can only find tuition info. Thanks!
If you wanted the specific breakdown of living/food/books/insurance here it is! I went crazy trying to find it online and then I realized it was in the interview packet. Keep in mind it says it's for 2019 though.

Attachments

• 20160307_213534.jpg
    20160307_213534.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 1 users
For people that have sent in updates through the portal-can you see old ones or are they hidden? Wondering if my updates didn't go through...

Hey! So if you got the "Upload Successful" prompt on the page then you are absolutely fine. Unfortunately there is no place to see that it is received but the admission's committee on the phone will tell you that as long as you get the "upload successful" prompt they received it!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got an email apologizing for the delay and saying we'd get decisions May 9th.

Reactions: 1 user
Also I almost crapped myself expecting an actual decision lol.

Also I almost crapped myself expecting an actual decision lol.

Seriously, if there's one thing I've learned this cycle, it's this: expect nothing. not an acceptance, not a wait-list, not even a rejection. N O T H I N G.

silence all around.

Accepted! Off of CCl, what time is the deadline on Monday to pick a single school?

Reactions: 4 users
After a hella stressful and silent cycle, I finally got an ACCEPTANCE of the CCL YESTERDAY!!!! I am so happy because I was literally planning on re-applying and I already started re-writing my personal statement. Just don't give up hope dudes!
For reference:
Complete: 8/31
II: 3/2
CCL letter (snail mail): 4/12
Acceptance email: 4/29

Reactions: 10 users
After a hella stressful and silent cycle, I finally got an ACCEPTANCE of the CCL YESTERDAY!!!! I am so happy because I was literally planning on re-applying and I already started re-writing my personal statement. Just don't give up hope dudes!
For reference:

I'm not on the ccl but I want to be you.

For reference:
Congrats! I'm jealous/ anxious, but glad for you!

Do you think a lot of people have been accepted off ccl already and being silent or is there going to be more on Monday?

Members don't see this ad :)
For reference:

Seriously congrats! I can only imagine what it must have felt like waiting and re-applying. I'm actually right there with you. Right now, I'm gearing up for an MCAT re-take on the 6th and scrambling to get my materials ready to reapply this cycle. Like the others on this thread I'm waiting for the final decision on the 9th but I'm so thankful for this whole process and even this forum. There is power and comfort in knowing you're not alone. I'm so ridiculously happy for you and I don't even know you, because we all have to go through this trying process that seemingly doesn't end.

For everyone else, I believe in all of you too. It may mean nothing from a stranger on an internet forum. But we have gone up, over, and through our own mountains to get to this point of applying. If it doesn't work out this time around, well dig in and hold on tight because I'm certain with time you will make it. I'm going to check out of the forum for a bit so I can prep for this MCAT, but on May 9th I'm going to return to congratulate whomever made it into the school whether or not I get in. Because no one individual deserves a spot more than another. We didn't sign up for a process to have it easy. We've got this! Just trying to share some positivity while we wait. Much love.

Here's the song I'll be jamming out to and hope it can be some solace for some of you as well:

Reactions: 7 users
Seriously congrats! I can only imagine what it must have felt like waiting and re-applying. I'm actually right there with you. Right now, I'm gearing up for an MCAT re-take on the 6th and scrambling to get my materials ready to reapply this cycle. Like the others on this thread I'm waiting for the final decision on the 9th but I'm so thankful for this whole process and even this forum. There is power and comfort in knowing you're not alone. I'm so ridiculously happy for you and I don't even know you, because we all have to go through this trying process that seemingly doesn't end.

For everyone else, I believe in all of you too. It may mean nothing from a stranger on an internet forum. But we have gone up, over, and through our own mountains to get to this point of applying. If it doesn't work out this time around, well dig in and hold on tight because I'm certain with time you will make it. I'm going to check out of the forum for a bit so I can prep for this MCAT, but on May 9th I'm going to return to congratulate whomever made it into the school whether or not I get in. Because no one individual deserves a spot more than another. We didn't sign up for a process to have it easy. We've got this! Just trying to share some positivity while we wait. Much love.

Here's the song I'll be jamming out to and hope it can be some solace for some of you as well:

Thank you so much!! (and thanks to the others as well). This post literally made me tear up, just because I 100% know how it feels. I truly truly hope we're all classmates next year!! P.S. I love allen stone :)

Accepted! Off of CCl, what time is the deadline on Monday to pick a single school?

For reference:

For the people who've gotten in off the CCL, were you guys St. Luke's or main campus? And did you write update letters?

I got accepted for St. Lukes campus off of CCL but had to withdraw. They had wonderful staff and I hope one of you guys get the acceptance!

Just got accepted for St. Lukes off the CCL. Kinda surprising, considering I already started my 2017 app. Does anyone know the FB group to find roommates and other students?

Just accepted! Interviewed Mar 23 for the main campus, just heard back a few minutes ago.

Just got accepted for St. Lukes off the CCL. Kinda surprising, considering I already started my 2017 app. Does anyone know the FB group to find roommates and other students?

Did you status change and can you make your deposit?

Accepted! interviewed 3/23 at main campus.

Accepted today as well! Interviewed in mid-March. I will probably be withdrawing this acceptance, though.

Good luck to those still waiting!

Just accepted! Interviewed Mar 23 for the main campus, just heard back a few minutes ago.
Accepted! interviewed 3/23 at main campus.
Accepted today as well! Interviewed in mid-March. I will probably be withdrawing this acceptance, though.

Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats, very jealous! This all makes me scared that Monday's decisions will be rejections :( Did you guys receive the decisions will be released Monday 5/9 email?

Last edited:
Congrats! As a fellow St.Luke's CCLer, did you send any updates/LOIs since being waitlisted?

Congrats, very jealous! This all makes me scared that Monday's decisions will be rejections :( Did you guys receive the decisions will be released Monday 5/9 email?

Yeah, I got that email, but I guess they decided to send us the decision earlier.

So I'm on the CCL and I'm in a difficult situation. I need some of your guys' opinion on something. Would it be okay if I can PM someone on here. Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I got that email, but I guess they decided to send us the decision earlier.
when did you guys get this email/what did it say? I never got it

I'm assuming all those juicy 3/24 acceptances will be coming out tomorrow

SERIOUSLY. are we all getting CCL on Monday? I interviewed the first week of March...................................f a c k.

when did you guys get this email/what did it say? I never got it
Basically sorry for the delay, the process is taking longer than usual, the committee is meeting next Friday (tomorrow) and decisions will be sent Monday 5/9.

Last edited:
For the people who've gotten in off the CCL, were you guys St. Luke's or main campus? And did you write update letters?
It didn't really say whether it was St. Luke's or the main campus, but I interviewed at the main campus. And I wrote a letter of intent after the interview :)

Congrats!! BTW where in the email did it say your clinical campus assignment? Mine just said "we'll make every effort to honor your priority."

I'm on the CCL and I'm curious if I will hear a decision regardless if I get in or don't?

I'm convinced that Monday decisions will be all CCL.....does anyone know if the wait list is ranked?

There have been barely any acceptances since March. Little waitlist movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910AT using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Temple needs to get their act together. There have been barely any acceptances since March. Little waitlist movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

I actually saw quite a few acceptances and waitlist movements in the posts from last week!

Have any April interviewees heard back yet? Hoping there's still a shot on Monday!

I'm convinced that Monday decisions will be all CCL.....does anyone know if the wait list is ranked?
Yes, I believe that it is ranked. They'll start to consider applicants on a case-by-case basis later in the summer though. I'm on the CCL right now, not a fun place to be in.

Yes, I believe that it is ranked. They'll start to consider applicants on a case-by-case basis later in the summer though. I'm on the CCL right now, not a fun place to be in.

Did you call them? Do you know if they are open to telling us where we are on the ranking?

Thanks!

Did you call them? Do you know if they are open to telling us where we are on the ranking?

Thanks!

I would also like to know :/ Need to know soon, so I can accept job offers; they don't stay forever....

Thanks!
I would also like to know :/ Need to know soon, so I can accept job offers; they don't stay forever....
No they told us all of this in the CCL letter. Our ranks are confidential so they won't tell us. Basically you can be taken off the CCL anytime between now and the start of school. As it gets closer to the start of school, that's when they'll accept people on a case-by-case basis. If you guys do make the CCL, be sure to send a Letter of Intent. You never know what will happen. Best of luck to everyone!

No they told us all of this in the CCL letter. Our ranks are confidential so they won't tell us. Basically you can be taken off the CCL anytime between now and the start of school. As it gets closer to the start of school, that's when they'll accept people on a case-by-case basis. If you
guys do make the CCL, be sure to send a Letter of Intent. You never know what will happen. Best of luck to everyone!

If they don't take you off the CCL will they inform you?