2015-2016 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying! I just know in the past they have sent out their secondaries towards the end of July, so not front and center on my radar at the moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone (possibly a current student) comment on any unique opportunities the MD program at Temple offers? I've noted international service missions with International Health Organization and research opportunities between the first and second year, which sound great. Is there anything else worthy of mentioning?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if Temple required secondary essays in the past?

Yeah. Last year they didn't send them out until 7/28 though.
Anyone have on file what the prompts were? Would be great to pre-write for this secondary since it won't be released for a few weeks!

Reactions: 1 user
LAST YEAR:
Temple (No Limit)

What is the nature of your special interest in Temple University School of Medicine?

How do you anticipate contributing to the TUSM community?

What are your plans for the current year- June 2014 until June 2015?

LAST YEAR:
Temple (No Limit)

What is the nature of your special interest in Temple University School of Medicine?

How do you anticipate contributing to the TUSM community?

What are your plans for the current year- June 2014 until June 2015?

Thank you!

How many letters did you guys submit, assuming no committee letter?
It sounds like they don't really have a limit, and say "At any point in the application process, you are welcome to submit additional letters to support your application and encouraged to use the AMCAS letter service to transmit these letters."
Should I just add the 3 required letters now, and then send them some more letters later? (they're strong as well)
If so, when should I send?
If no II, or after interview?

So nobody has gotten secondaries yet? Is that right? I know Temple doesnt screen but just making sure I hadn't deleted it already

I believe I've heard they don't release secondaries til late July

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Fine with me. Still trying to catch up on all the others.

Reactions: 6 users
Writing essays is my personal form of hell. I am just trying to stay above water with the other ones.

Reactions: 8 users
No secondary for me yet! 3 left until I'm caught up....of course I leave the hardest for last. Will be happy if Temple waits another week or 2

Writing essays is my personal form of hell. I am just trying to stay above water with the other ones.

These essays are driving me insane. You know things are bad when you'd rather watch a full baseball game instead

Reactions: 5 users
These essays are driving me insane. You know things are bad when you'd rather watch a full baseball game instead
Especially if it's a phillies game. Altho they do have a decent 4 game win streak going haha.

Especially if it's a phillies game. Altho they do have a decent 4 game win streak going haha.

Haha I'm really interested to see what happens to Hamels. As a Giants fan I think seeing the Dodgers throw out Kershaw/Greinke/Hamels would be a nightmare, but maybe Texas might get him?

Haha I'm really interested to see what happens to Hamels. As a Giants fan I think seeing the Dodgers throw out Kershaw/Greinke/Hamels would be a nightmare, but maybe Texas might get him?

The Dodgers always buy their teams and have nothing to show for it. As a fellow Giants fan, I would love to see them sell the farm for Hamels and underachieve again. Although their management is more competent these days haha

Also, good thing about the late secondary. I still have a couple more to finish before Temple, so hold off another week or two please!

The Dodgers always buy their teams and have nothing to show for it. As a fellow Giants fan, I would love to see them sell the farm for Hamels and underachieve again. Although their management is more competent these days haha

Also, good thing about the late secondary. I still have a couple more to finish before Temple, so hold off another week or two please!

Yeah i derive a special sense of satisfaction from seeing the Dodgers implode every October. The funny thing is, I saw some kid at my school wearing a "Dodgers Know October" shirt and I almost fell down laughing haha

Are you also a Sharks fan???

Do I get extra credit for watching the 18 inning met game the other day?

Yeah i derive a special sense of satisfaction from seeing the Dodgers implode every October. The funny thing is, I saw some kid at my school wearing a "Dodgers Know October" shirt and I almost fell down laughing haha

Are you also a Sharks fan???

Yes, unfortunately haha hence I can't laugh as much at the Dodgers' failures

Yes, unfortunately haha hence I can't laugh as much at the Dodgers' failures

I thought I was the only one around here..... haha same here, I live and die with the Sharks so I can't be too critical

I thought I was the only one around here..... haha same here, I live and die with the Sharks so I can't be too critical

Makes sense - I've seen quite a few people from the Bay Area on these forums, so I'm sure there are others.

So everyone is still waiting for a secondary? I was starting to get nervous phew

last year Temple first released secondaries the 28th

Guess you've been supporting the wrong team(s)!

Go O's!!

Guess you've been supporting the wrong team(s)!

Go O's!!

The wrong team that we've been supporting has won three out of the last five WS :p and I like the O's - fun team to watch!

can anyone (possibly a current student) comment on any unique opportunities the MD program at Temple offers? I've noted international service missions with International Health Organization and research opportunities between the first and second year, which sound great. Is there anything else worthy of mentioning?

+1...I'm having trouble finding resources describing unique experiences offered.

Also, aren't prompts 1 and 2 asking pretty similar things? Shouldn't what you can contribute to a school be included in why you want to go there?

Last edited:
Glad to see that i'm not the only one waiting for Temple. Temple, Drexel, and UCSF. Thought it was because my MCAT scores being released late, but sounds like Drexel and Temple are just late to the game. I wonder why.

Glad to see that i'm not the only one waiting for Temple. Temple, Drexel, and UCSF. Thought it was because my MCAT scores being released late, but sounds like Drexel and Temple are just late to the game. I wonder why.
It's just always been like that for these schools. Should get the secondaries this week.

Woooo just received the secondary application 2 minutes ago~~

they changed the third question, are you supposed to answer it if you choose the regular temple campus??

old question:
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.

Too tired right now but excited to work on this tomorrow. Does anyone know what the essays are?

+1 ! My PI went to this school, hoping they recognize his name when they read my letter haha

The following questions will help us identify your particular interest in TUSM. There is no character limit for the questions. It is not recommended that you paste the essay responses from a MAC word program. Do not select the save button below more than once or each essay could appear multiple times.

• What is the nature of your special interest in Temple University School of Medicine?
  • How do you anticipate contributing to the TUSM community?
  • Please describe the nature of your special interest in your first ranked Clinical/Regional clerkship campus.
  • What are your plans for the current year- June 2015 until June 2016?

Just got secondary too! love the no character limits :D

+1
Thought I'd get to submit early since I pre-wrote last year's essays but it looks like I'll be writing that 3rd question tomorrow...zzzz

+1
Thought I'd get to submit early since I pre-wrote last year's essays but it looks like I'll be writing that 3rd question tomorrow...zzzz

so evil....so we really have to write about it huh even if we choose the temple campus?

so evil....so we really have to write about it huh even if we choose the temple campus?

I might look at the first essay as "Why Philadelphia" and the third essay as "Why this program specifically (whatever campus you choose)".

Last edited: