2015-2016 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! BTW where in the email did it say your clinical campus assignment? Mine just said "we'll make every effort to honor your priority."
Yes I got that too!! accepted Wednesday 5/4 and received the same letter/email. What does that mean exactly?

Does anyone know how the clinical campuses work? Like can I go to Western Penn Hospital and live in Pittsburgh for year 3 and 4?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got that too!! accepted Wednesday 5/4 and received the same letter/email. What does that mean exactly?

No idea. If you are accepted at St. Luke's campus, it is written in your acceptance letter. Furthermore, St. Luke's acceptees interviewed at St. Luke's campus. If you did not designate clinical campuses as your highest priority and/or did not interview there, then I assume you are accepted at the main campus. Best way to figure it out is to call or email.

No idea. If you are accepted at St. Luke's campus, it is written in your acceptance letter. Furthermore, St. Luke's acceptees interviewed at St. Luke's campus. If you did not designate clinical campuses as your highest priority and/or did not interview there, then I assume you are accepted at the main campus. Best way to figure it out is to call or email.

Thanks, I should hear back tomorrow but me matriculating is partly dependent upon where I'll be in year 3 and 4. I'll email them if I get a yes tomorrow.

Today's the day for the last decisions to be released. Although people have been getting accepted the last two weeks so..........I'm pretty sure today is going to be all de facto waitlists. WHOOO CCL THE WAIT CONTINUES.

I don't think you even get an email if you are CCL'd. I think a letter just shows up in the mail. Wouldn't that be a bitch if we just hear nothing and get a CCL letter in a week.

Reactions: 4 users
I don't think you even get an email if you are CCL'd. I think a letter just shows up in the mail. Wouldn't that be a bitch if we just hear nothing and get a CCL letter in a week.

I really do think all the CCL decisions are coming out today, because acceptances came out the last 2 weeks already for people who interviewed around the same time as us.
I really hate the bait "oh we will tell you march 9th" VIA SNAIL MAIL so you have to wait another week.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah it's getting a little too late in the day I think. And I'm taking no email as a CCL letter on its way.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my Drexel acceptance at 6PM on Thursday, so we might hear back still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Nothing, I'm taking it that means CCL or rejection?

I wish they hadn't mentioned May 9th, this silence is cruel. Hopefully they change the way they do things for the next cycle =/

It's definitely tough! But keep your head up. CCL is never a bad place to be! I'm assuming "send decisions on Monday May 9th" means decisions sent by mail.

I wish they hadn't mentioned May 9th, this silence is cruel. Hopefully they change the way they do things for the next cycle =/

I'm glad they got our hopes up with the May 9th date just to keep us waiting again. With no end in sight

Reactions: 1 users
I wish the leverage in this process wasn't 100% one sided and that they'd actually have a reason to treat us with a little more respect. I understand that getting a letter and no email is CCL protocol but we get an email a week ago promising a decision today, which is late as it is, and we don't get one. In fact, unless those that use SDN are coincidentally all CCL'd, no one got a decision today. The only reason I'm not literally angry is that I am lucky enough to have an acceptance elsewhere.​

I wish the leverage in this process wasn't 100% one sided and that they'd actually have a reason to treat us with a little more respect. I understand that getting a letter and no email is CCL protocol but we get an email a week ago promising a decision today, which is late as it is, and we don't get one. In fact, unless those that use SDN are coincidentally all CCL'd, no one got a decision today. The only reason I'm not literally angry is that I am lucky enough to have an acceptance elsewhere.​

I do think we could have all been CCL'd, since acceptances were rolling out the previous weeks. But even so, the email was highly misleading. Can someone call?

I do think we could have all been CCL'd, since acceptances were rolling out the previous weeks. But even so, the email was highly misleading. Can someone call?

The email was also misleading because you'd figure that when there was a decision on May 9th, it would at least appear on our portals. Idk about you guys but mine is unchanged.

Does anyone know how the clinical campuses work? Like can I go to Western Penn Hospital and live in Pittsburgh for year 3 and 4?

I assume you've already heard from admissions, but just to clarify - the only clinical campuses (besides main campus) are St. Luke's and Geisinger. For St. Luke's, it's year 1 in Philly and years 2-4 in Bethlehem. For Geisinger, it's years 1-2 in Philly and years 3-4 at Geisinger. Any other hospitals that students rotate at are affiliates, and generally students are only there for one or two rotations; in theory I suppose it could be possible to get a stretch of rotations at one place, but you really don't have a lot of control over that as it is done via lottery.

Still nothing? Are we all CCL'd or are they just taking time releasing decisions?
Nothing here. I wonder what's going on with April interviewees, the latest acceptances I saw on here were for March 23 interviews. The mystery to me is whether or not everyone from the 24th and beyond got CCL'd or did they just not make a decision about them. Or the third option, those people happen to not use SDN.

Nothing here. I wonder what's going on with April interviewees, the latest acceptances I saw on here were for March 23 interviews. The mystery to me is whether or not everyone from the 24th and beyond got CCL'd or did they just not make a decision about them. Or the third option, those people happen to not use SDN.

I think they have made decisions for all interview dates. I was in one of the last interview groups and i have been accepted. I think most people probably just don't use /post to SDN, as I know some others who interviewed very late and got accepted also.

I think they have made decisions for all interview dates. I was in one of the last interview groups and i have been accepted. I think most people probably just don't use /post to SDN, as I know some others who interviewed very late and got accepted also.

Well that answers my question. Thank you.

When did you interview?

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Also withdrew my acceptance and scholarship. It was one of the most difficult decisions ever but I hope it will go to you guys still waiting. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Just sent another letter to Temple. Hope they don't hate me!
I just really want to go to this school!!

I used the portal. Should I email them too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile
I think either way works; portal updates are added to your file much faster (it's automatic) since emailing requires them to manually add it

Received the CCL letter in the mail yesterday (I'm in Philly, so may be longer for others)! Post Marked May 9th! Holding on to hope but re-applying this cycle. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
anyone accepted off the CCL recently?

Reactions: 1 users
Okay so it seems like if you got an interview you either a.) got accepted or b.) made the CCL. I haven't seen any post-interview rejections. I'm sorry to sound negative, but I hope we'll get a substantial amount of CCL movement soon.

at this point is it safe to assume there isn't really going to be more ccl movement?

Same question, I have a job offer that I need to decide on and I'm wondering if it's worth holding out...