2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Error

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone happen to know if many people actually get pulled off the alternative list or not?? I want to hold out hope, but don't know whether to or not lol. @mcatjelly @grey_wind
I've been checking last year's thread, and it looks like there's not a ton of movement (because they accept way more people than their class size), but there is some between late April and mid-June (like 10-25 from what I can tell, but obviously that's a skewed number because it's just what is showing up on SDN).

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate list. Just now. Interviewed mid jan. Gonna withdraw, good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate. Interviewed first week of February. Happy to join the other alternates in this never ending cycle. :rofl:

@XxThaDoggxX I wish I knew!

The alternate pool here seems huge, but at the same time I'm glad they're having people confirm their alternate status, that way it's at least somewhat streamlined when they start giving out offers to alternates. Would really love for some good news from GW.

I keep getting put on waitlist after waitlist though, this cycle has been so taxing

Right there with ya.

What's the deal with all of these alternate lists and no acceptances?? Hopefully some love to come for those still waiting

So I've never posted on here but I just thought I would update those still waiting. Accepted this morning. Interviewed end of January. Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 8 users
Was not expecting this but I got accepted this morning!! Interviewed Feb 5th....beyond happy, its the only I place I got an interview. There's still hope everyone!!!!:soexcited::clap:

Reactions: 13 users
Alternate pool notification today, interview Feb 17th. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Accepted this morning! Interviewed 3/4.

Reactions: 2 users
Just received an interview invitation here! which is insane to me considering i've been on hold for at least 6 months. They also offered me the opportunity to do an over the phone interview which is awesome! Has anyone else done this?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invitation here! which is insane to me considering i've been on hold for at least 6 months. They also offered me the opportunity to do an over the phone interview which is awesome! Has anyone else done this?

...wut?

Reactions: 10 users

You are giving me hope... maybe false hope! Have you been sending updates to the school?

Literally my thoughts exactly. I googled the dean of admissions to make sure it wasn't a scam....

You are giving me hope... maybe false hope! Have you been sending updates to the school?

I sent an update maybe 2-3 weeks ago with a recent publication and that I was still interested ...

They haven't responded yet with dates available for anything so I'm still flummoxed.

Literally my thoughts exactly. I googled the dean of admissions to make sure it wasn't a scam....

I sent an update maybe 2-3 weeks ago with a recent publication and that I was still interested ...

They haven't responded yet with dates available for anything so I'm still flummoxed.

Since they are considering you so late in the application cycle for a phone interview (which is probably unprecedented), perhaps you have a really good shot? Best of luck.

Since they are considering you so late in the application cycle for a phone interview (which is probably unprecedented), perhaps you have a really good shot? Best of luck.

Wow I hadn't thought of that... So thank you for your optimism!!! More likely it's that it is so late in the game they probably want to increase their chances of having people interview if they have spots left to fill. Also I'm a CA resident, so perhaps they considered that as well. Regardless, I am so grateful for the chance! I loved GW from the start but pretty much gave up on that thought. Thanks for the good wishes :)

Withdrew today. Hopefully my spot goes to somebody on the alternate list!

Reactions: 10 users
can u share your lizzy score..or directional? thanks

Are they done interviewing? Never got a rejection but can't log into my portal anymore lol

Have not received an interview or rejection yet either, but I can still log in and the status is pending for re-review. Maybe a password problem?

Same here... Still on hold for "re-review" but can log into the portal.

For those of you still 'on hold' pre-interview, I called last Friday. The nice lady told me that the admissions committee has not yet decided to close the interview cycle yet, so interviews are still trickling out. She did say that we should hear back soon, whether for interviews or rejection. I know this information might not be too reassuring/ helpful for y'all, but hang in there!

For those of you still 'on hold' pre-interview, I called last Friday. The nice lady told me that the admissions committee has not yet decided to close the interview cycle yet, so interviews are still trickling out. She did say that we should hear back soon, whether for interviews or rejection. I know this information might not be too reassuring/ helpful for y'all, but hang in there!

Instead of having more interviews, how about they let some of us poor souls off the alternative list...am I right??? :shifty::shifty::shifty:

Reactions: 9 users
Withdrew from the alternate list. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
also withdrew from the waitlist. still love this school though

hey for the interview, do you know if your people had read your personal statement? or was it completely closed everything. thanks!

hey for the interview, do you know if your people had read your personal statement? or was it completely closed everything. thanks!

the student and faculty interviewer are blind to your whole application

Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted/how many come off?

The updated MSAR page for GW doesn't give any numbers to how many are put on the WL or how many are accepted off of it
You the homie for looking that up! It seems like they just threw everyone on the waitlist that didn't get accepted

You the homie for looking that up! It seems like they just threw everyone on the waitlist that didn't get accepted
People keep congratulating me for getting waitlisted... And I just don't feel like explaining it at this point haha

Reactions: 9 users
Just got my long-awaited pre-interview rejection. Peace out, GWU.

Aaaand rejected. Had forgotten all about GW at this point.

Pre-interview rejection here as well. At least the letter was nice in saying that my app was reviewed at the recent ADCOM meeting as opposed to the generic rejection letter.

Still hoping that some of us alternates get some love...hoping to start seeing some movement soon!

Still hoping that some of us alternates get some love...hoping to start seeing some movement soon!
265062f57593d0b124cdbde56ff18aac965939c720db205b50e05898f62a1814.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly though, besides the price (YIKES) this school felt like the best personal fit for me during my II compared to the other 2 I interviewed at, absolutely love this school.

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew. It's just too expensive for me... Hope my spot goes to one of you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Is there a Facebook page for accepted students ?

Was the traffic date different last year? Might be why the list started moving a bit earlier