2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received this email. I'm assuming this has been sent to all WL candidates?

"We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. At this time, you are currently an active member of our alternate pool. We do anticipate making offers to alternates..."
+1
I also got way too excited when I read this :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
any chance for IIs at this stage of the game from this school...? seems like a long shot at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
any chance for IIs at this stage of the game from this school...? seems like a long shot at this point.

Also wondering this!! Sent a last ditch effort update letter last night, kicking myself for not doing it earlier. I would love to interview!!!!!!! but should I give up since alternate pool is already decided??

Members don't see this ad :)
Also wondering this!! Sent a last ditch effort update letter last night, kicking myself for not doing it earlier. I would love to interview!!!!!!! but should I give up since alternate pool is already decided??

I should sent another update letter too!

I just received this email. I'm assuming this has been sent to all WL candidates?

"We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences. At this time, you are currently an active member of our alternate pool. We do anticipate making offers to alternates. This group is very fluid and organic. Therefore, it is impossible to specify your standing in this alternate pool. Whether you will be offered a position in the 2016 entering class depends upon activity in the class as well as the alternate pool. This pool remains viable until late July. In order to remain under consideration for a seat in our August 2016 entering class, at this time the Committee on Admissions requests that you provide the following information via your status portal update feature. https://portal.smhs.gwu.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/ • First & Last Name • AAMC ID # • Preferred Contact Email Address, Phone Number and Current Mailing Address • Statement of Interest & Any Updated Information We need to receive this information by no later than 5pm EST on April 1st, 2016.

I wonder if all alternate list / wait list candidates received this?

I received the email also. I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist due to acceptances at cheaper schools. Love this school though and the interview day was great! I by no means regret my 2 day mini vacation in D.C. and the opportunity to meet some great folks on the interview trail.

Reactions: 2 users
I received the email also. I'll be withdrawing from the waitlist due to acceptances at cheaper schools. Love this school though and the interview day was great! I by no means regret my 2 day mini vacation in D.C. and the opportunity to meet some great folks on the interview trail.
^class act.

Reactions: 3 users
It says they interview through March, and considering it is March 10th, I'm thinking the hope is running out...
not to discourage, but when i was offered my interview, it was about 3-4 weeks in advance, so unless theyre inviting people by tomorrow, idk if it's still in the cards :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to provide false hope, but I actually only heard about 8 days before my scheduled interview (so flights were a challenge!). Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Selected as an alternate this morning. Interviewed 1st week of January. F*CK. So done with this cycle.

Selected as an alternate this morning. Interviewed 1st week of January. F*CK. So done with this cycle.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you interview on the 8th (a Friday)? That's when also had an interview!

Did you just get the decision this morning? I interviewed the 7th and haven't heard.
I got the email yesterday. Might be a good sign for you if you haven't heard anything yet..

Sorry for the confusion -- I meant I pulled myself from the alternate list. I have a couple of acceptances I'm weighing between right now.
This is the position I'm in, and while I'm grateful on one hand, it is so difficult! I never knew choosing between two schools would be this hard...

This is the position I'm in, and while I'm grateful on one hand, it is so difficult! I never knew choosing between two schools would be this hard...

I would say I'm sorry and I understand...but I'm not and I don't

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I sent an email to medadmit this morning and got an automatic reply that they're closed today because of Metrorail closure...really hope this doesn't keep happening and delay responses even more

has anyone in the past few weeks even been accepted? seems like they're just putting everyone on the alternate list now

Was anyone accepted after having interviews in January? If so, would you kindly let us know? :)

I checked last year's thread and there were some acceptances for January and February interviewees so there's still hope.

Are they done interviewing? Never got a rejection but can't log into my portal anymore lol

So I interviewed mid-January, wondering if I've been passed up or they just havent gotten to my date yet. Anyone have any idea?

Has anybody who has been accepted received a financial aid package yet?

Alternate list. Interviewed Jan/14. Will most likely withdraw. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone happen to know if many people actually get pulled off the alternative list or not?? I want to hold out hope, but don't know whether to or not lol. @mcatjelly @grey_wind

@XxThaDoggxX I wish I knew!

The alternate pool here seems huge, but at the same time I'm glad they're having people confirm their alternate status, that way it's at least somewhat streamlined when they start giving out offers to alternates. Would really love for some good news from GW.

I keep getting put on waitlist after waitlist though, this cycle has been so taxing