2015-2016 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who live in the Cleveland area, what is the fastest way to get from Case to the airport? Im deciding between taking an Uber or the train? Also, is there a train station close to the school? On a different note, has anyone else also been having trouble getting a student host. I have been trying for the last two weeks with little success. Thanks in advance!
So uber is definitely going to be faster. But if you want to be cost affective, you can jump on the healthline (the main bus that stops right in front of the school) and take it all the way to tower city which is the main train station to hop on a train to take you to the airport. There is also a train stop near the school but it is a pretty big walk for the cold weather. Good luck with your interview!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday! Thank you, thank you, thank you CWRU. Never thought I would get one. Scheduled mid January (a "little bit" late, but better than silence). Hope to see some of you there!

Also congratulations to those who have been accepted!

II! Complete mid-July. The only dates available are mid- and late-January. Does anyone know how "rolling" the admissions actually are at Case? Are January interviewers essentially just interviewing for waitlist spots, or is the process somehow weighted to allow for reasonable acceptance numbers from even late interview days? I know both approaches are done by different schools. I'm really excited to interview (unlike most people, I actually love Cleveland) but I'm concerned that my chances are extremely low with only such late dates available.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a fixed schedule on when decisions are released? It seems like 4 weeks from what I'm seeing here. Also, what is the post interview acceptance rate like?

Is there a fixed schedule on when decisions are released? It seems like 4 weeks from what I'm seeing here. Also, what is the post interview acceptance rate like?
There's definitely not a fixed schedule for post interview decisions. Some people heard back 4 weeks, I heard back after 11 days. It's not a linear/simple process. Just enjoy life and party, and party even harder when you get in. :) <3
-Meow.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted or has gotten an II. I withdrew my II today and hope it goes to one of you -- you're all amazing and kind!

Reactions: 4 users
iApply is going to be down for maintenance on Monday, December 14th from 3am-8am. The system will not be accessible during that window.

II this morning! Complete late July so this was a great surprise. LizzyM 76. Does anyone have any comments on what interview day was like? Congrats to all those accepted!

I was wondering if anyone gets rejected post interview? It seems like everyone here has either received an acceptance or a post interview hold.

I was wondering if anyone gets rejected post interview? It seems like everyone here has either received an acceptance or a post interview hold.

They do reject post-interview, per their slideshow on my interview day. Accept, reject, or hold.

iApply is available again. If you experience any technical errors, please email iapplysupport (at) case.edu. Posting on the thread or directly messaging here won't get a response as fast as emailing that address.

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting on pins and needles for results from my 11/30 interview!
I loved the curriculum and school, and the admissions staff were enthusiastic, helpful, and kind. Good luck to all who have interviews coming up!

Reactions: 2 users
Hiya, anyone know Case's policy on pre-II update letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiya, anyone know Case's policy on pre-II update letters?
Case accepts them. Got an email stating it was added to my application and thanking me for my continued interest.

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling their II? When I login to iApply and click on "Interview Schedule" it shows that I have scheduled for 2/8 and under "Interview Messages" it shows what looks like a confirmation email, but I didn't actually receive any such email in my inbox

Did everyone receive a confirmation email after scheduling their II? When I login to iApply and click on "Interview Schedule" it shows that I have scheduled for 2/8 and under "Interview Messages" it shows what looks like a confirmation email, but I didn't actually receive any such email in my inbox

I got a confirmation email, but it took about 24 hours after scheduling. Good luck!

Finally got word. Both CT and UT rejection. Complete 8/4. That was a long game.

Withdrew my application post-II yesterday morning. Best of luck to you all!

I sent mine to [email protected] for the University Program but I believe there are different emails depending on which track you're applying to.
To whom did you address the letter? Was it just a "To whom it may concern" type thing? I am thinking about sending one regarding my recent publication.

Does anyone know when admissions decisions are supposed to go out?I felt like I heard the 31st on my interview date but I could be remembering wrong.

To whom did you address the letter? Was it just a "To whom it may concern" type thing? I am thinking about sending one regarding my recent publication.
For all of my letters, I address the head/dean/chair of admissions "and [insert school here] Admissions Committee members." Honestly I don't know if that's the right way to do it but I figure it makes my letters slightly more personalized.

Just wanted to ask once again if any one has heard back recently or knows when we should be hearing back. As a side note, I interviewed early December.

Just wanted to ask once again if any one has heard back recently or knows when we should be hearing back. As a side note, I interviewed early December.

My student interviewer said to expect a decision within about a month. That's not taking into consideration the holiday though; students were off for two weeks. Idk how often/if the committee would meet over this time.

I saw a while ago on their Twitter/Facebook feed that the next batch should come out after the new year!

From their Facebook, on 12/9:

"Monday's Ad Com mtg. will review interviewees from 11/30, 12/2, 3 (MSTP applicants), 4 (both MD and MSTP applicants), 7 and 9. Decisions for UP applicants will come out after the first of the year."

Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Did anyone get in without research experience? I know it says it's not required for the university but am wondering if true

Surely a reach, but such a great school. Really interested in finding out more information about their bioethics program. Anyone here have any experience or insight into the program/ the school's diverse education opportunities in general?
Don't know if you're still interested Derikulus, but I got my masters in bioethics at CWRU and am now in medical school elsewhere. I love Case and the CCF and am happy to answer anybody's questions.

For those of us put on hold for the College Track, do you have any idea when we will be considered again for an interview?

For those of us put on hold for the College Track, do you have any idea when we will be considered again for an interview?
Do they tell you if you are on hold?

Also, can anyone else still see their secondary application? Mine just shows the status page?....

Yes. A number of us received emails awhile back as well as portal updates that our applications had been placed on hold for consideration by the College Track (or University Track).

No. I don't think we can see our secondaries after submitting - just the status page.

Anyone heard from Case yet? According to their twitter, they will start sending out decisions soon.

I think Case and I have different definitions of "soon..."

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone heard from Case yet? According to their twitter, they will start sending out decisions soon.

Have any early December interviewees hear back? They only mentioned mid to late December interviewees in the tweet.

Have any early December interviewees hear back? They only mentioned mid to late December interviewees in the tweet.
I interviewed early Dec and haven't heard back either! Literally checking my email every hour. Does anyone know what time decisions usually go out so I can stop doing this craziness?!?

I interviewed early Dec and haven't heard back either! Literally checking my email every hour. Does anyone know what time decisions usually go out so I can stop doing this craziness?!?

When I got my decision it was roughly 2 or 3 AM Central Time. They come like a thief in the night. . . although, since they're giving and not taking away, I suppose they come like a Santa in the night. . . (depending on the outcome).

Patience, Daniel-san.

The waiting is driving me crazy. I kind of want to email the admissions office to ask when to expect a decision, since their tweet said decisions would be released "after the first of the year" and its now the 6th, but I also don't want to be THAT candidate. Aarrrhgh...

Star 69 them and ask them without giving a name

The waiting is driving me crazy. I kind of want to email the admissions office to ask when to expect a decision, since their tweet said decisions would be released "after the first of the year" and its now the 6th, but I also don't want to be THAT candidate. Aarrrhgh...

Star 69 them and ask them without giving a name

xanax-pills.png

Lol I'm in no rush, but by all means it's an option! Xanax is another... Also just realized it's the only medication with a palindromic name.

I feel the same way. Hopefully, we find out within the next day or two.

II this morning! Dates through end of Feb available. OOS, Lizzy 73, been complete since early September

II on January 9th for the University track; withdrawing due to acceptances and scholarships elsewhere. Gl to everyone still in the running and waiting to hear back - Case is a great school!

II on January 9th for the University track; withdrawing due to acceptances and scholarships elsewhere. Gl to everyone still in the running and waiting to hear back - Case is a great school!
Jan 9th was 2 days ago?