2014-2015 Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
These students are in a different track.
Oh I see, well thank you for your insight! Hoping for some more movement here...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Every year I see something new.

My favorite stories are the PS about a sexual experience, the girl who wore a bustier and knee high boots and the guy who wants to make bank. I know you were probably not amused but it makes for a good story.

My favorite stories are the PS about a sexual experience, the girl who wore a bustier and knee high boots and the guy who wants to make bank. I know you were probably not amused but it's still hilarious.
Good times.

Reactions: 1 users
My favorite stories are the PS about a sexual experience, the girl who wore a bustier and knee high boots and the guy who wants to make bank. I know you were probably not amused but it makes for a good story.
"Make bank's" brother is one of my 4th year students ("make bank" didn't get in...). Any guess as to his residency aspirations?

I was talking to a lovely young man I pulled off the waitlist some time ago

"Make bank's" brother is one of my 4th year students ("make bank" didn't get in...). Any guess as to his residency aspirations?

Plastic surgery? Ortho?

I was talking to a lovely young man I pulled off the waitlist some time ago

Derm ortho plastics neurosurgery radonc?

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course!
They just don't seem well timed (on the waitlist thread)...

Oh I meant people being persistent at contacting schools and eventually getting in off a waitlist or doing something out of left field and it getting received positively.

Need something to keep hopes alive haha

Oh I meant people being persistent at contacting schools and eventually getting in off a waitlist or doing something out of left field and it getting received positively.
That kind of persistence usually has the opposite effect.
Our office can now recognize frequent flyers by their caller id!

This is my biggest fear..I did have a legit update back when I sent it tho...

Need something to keep hopes alive haha

So I guess that means no calling every week or every other week lol?

I hope schools do see the otherside of the coin though regarding how much stress goes into this process, especially when people are running low on funds after applying more than one time?

I hope schools do see the otherside of the coin though regarding how much stress goes into this process, especially when people are running low on funds after applying more than one time?
We do.
Still, no behavior will have a favorable effect as it approaches more than 2 standard deviations from expected norms!

Woah careful there, you're peaking over the reeds of anonymity.

Woah careful there, you're peaking over the reeds of anonymity.
Right now the number of random 4th years with these aspirations is legion!
(And identifying details may have been changed just enough).

Last edited by a moderator:
Patience is a virtue and the need for immediate gratification is not.

People in this process should always have Plan B

So I guess that means no calling every week or every other week lol?

gyngyn, any thoughts on further movement at Georgetown? I received any email yesterday saying the class has been seated.

Welp, birthday week has passed but no birthday luck in sight.

Their outcomes should be known soon.
Hey gyngyn sorry to come back to this topic again but if all the students in this special program do make it in (I'm guessing there's less than like 10 students?) would that mean waitlist movement at uci would be finished unless someone withdrew/was poached by another school? And I'm not sure if I'm asking too much (apologies if this is too privy of a question) of you but historically what proportion of the students in these programs do make it in? Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry, @QuentonCassidy3. I hope you found reason to celebrate despite the disappointment. Still rooting for you!

Thanks! It was a good day. I run every morning and all I ever think about during my runs is being a medical student. I can't even begin to explain how strong and palpable the visions are sometimes. But asides from that, eating an unhealthy amount of sugar is always fun along with being surrounded by family and friends.

Received my first acceptance today! I had all but given up, and I couldn't be happier. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Reactions: 29 users
Hey gyngyn sorry to come back to this topic again but if all the students in this special program do make it in (I'm guessing there's less than like 10 students?) would that mean waitlist movement at uci would be finished unless someone withdrew/was poached by another school? And I'm not sure if I'm asking too much (apologies if this is too privy of a question) of you but historically what proportion of the students in these programs do make it in? Thanks a lot!
Let's just wait and see what happens next week.

Had a friend accepted today off of the waitlist at UNMC.

I realize that it doesn't apply to anyone here, but I thought I'd just mention that there is hope!

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 3 users
Looks like UCLA is still accepting off the waitlist.

You would only know this because whomever UCLA accepted must have been someone interviewed, wait-listed, or accepted by your school (given you're not at UCLA), correct?

If this applicant was rejected by your school, would you still know?

Or do you know at this point regardless of whether applicants interview at your school or not?

You would only know this because whomever UCLA accepted must have been someone interviewed, wait-listed, or accepted by your school (given you're not at UCLA), correct?

If this applicant was rejected by your school, would you still know?

Or do you know at this point regardless of whether applicants interview at your school or not?
All of the above.

Any movement from Boston U? The thread has been pretty quiet over the past couple weeks

@gyngyn does your school have any overlap with Jefferson, and if so have you seen any recent movement there? Would you expect there to be any further movement there?

@gyngyn does your school have any overlap with Jefferson, and if so have you seen any recent movement there? Would you expect there to be any further movement there?
A teeny bit, but I've seen nothing, sorry.
As long as they have reached the waitlist there could be movement until july 27th.