2014-2015 Waitlist Support Group

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sum_dood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this thread is a waitlist support group. I am on 5 waitlist and waiting to hear back from 2 schools. Please post number of waitlists and success stories as they roll in!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II at 6 schools. 3 waitlists and 3 decisions waiting to hear back from

II at 5 schools, 2 waitlists, 2 pending decisions (but at schools who waitlists everyone who interviews :lame:), 1 interview coming up. Praying for all of us!

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 7 schools, 3 waitlists, 1 deferred decision, 1 post-interview rejection, and 2 more decisions waiting to hear back from.

M4 but back in the day I went on 8 interviews, sat on 8 waitlists before finally getting into a top 20. Hang in there my friends! Many, many people get their only acceptance off a waitlist.

BTW I am graduating at the top of my class with amazing residency opportunities, so how you get in doesn't matter. =)

Reactions: 40 users
II at 6 schools, 2 waitlist, 1 rejection, hearing back from 2, and 1 more interview in march.

Jeez you guys have a lot of interviews. I would be feeling pretty good if I were in any one of your shoes. So far I have 1 II, 1 wait list... still waiting to hear back from a little more than 1/3rd of the schools I applied to.

Glad someone started a separate thread. I've been to 8 interviews and have 2 acceptances and 2 waitlists. I'm hopeful for the other 4 to come soon! Here's to holding on and hoping!

Reactions: 1 users
Glad someone started a separate thread. I've been to 8 interviews and have 2 acceptances and 2 waitlists. I'm hopeful for the other 4 to come soon! Here's to holding on and hoping!
Up to 8 interviews now? Crushing it!

3 interviews. 2 waitlists… waiting to hear back from the third

4 II, 2 waitlist, one waiting to hear back, one upcoming interview.

I'll jump in here - I'm fortunate to have one acceptance, but I'm currently on three waitlists and crossing my fingers for one to eventually pull through. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back after interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently on 4 wait lists. Expecting to be on at least 3 more come mid March. Hoping at least one of those wait lists will turn into an acceptance...Boy, I sure do suck at interviewing.

3 waitlists so far, no acceptances, 1 interview to go... Does anyone know what day accepted students have to declare what school they will attend? I know it has been May 15th in the past but I thought it might have been moved up to May 1st this year, anyone hear anything about this?

3 waitlists so far, no acceptances, 1 interview to go... Does anyone know what day accepted students have to declare what school they will attend? I know it has been May 15th in the past but I thought it might have been moved up to May 1st this year, anyone hear anything about this?

It's April 30 this year, according to the AAMC traffic rules.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm so glad someone started this thread. I am grateful for my 1 acceptance, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one sitting on a few waitlists for schools we'd rather attend. My stats: 8 interviews, 2 rejections, 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists, 2 pending decision. Here's to wishing for lots of movement in April and May!

Reactions: 7 users
2 MD II, 2 waitlist spots since early this cycle (one was on oct 15th, the other was mid november). I am a reapplicant that was an alternative a previous cycle and I have been accepted to several DO schools, but fingers crossed this is the year for an allopathic acceptance!

Reactions: 2 users
M4 but back in the day I went on 8 interviews, sat on 8 waitlists before finally getting into a top 20. Hang in there my friends! Many, many people get their only acceptance off a waitlist.

BTW I am graduating at the top of my class with amazing residency opportunities, so how you get in doesn't matter. =)

Did you send updates and / or letters of intent to the school you got into? Or to any of the schools?

Anyone mind posting stats as you all update us?

Did you send updates and / or letters of intent to the school you got into? Or to any of the schools?

I sent brief love-letter emails to the 4 programs I was most interested in. I was very happy to get into one of those 4. I'm not sure sending those emails accomplished anything other than giving me something to do while I was waiting.

April 30th is a misleading date. When people used to ask me, "so when will you know where you're going", I'd say "oh, by the end of April".

But then we have the waitlist.
Me: 10 interviews, 5 waitlist/deferred, 2 admit, 1 reject, 2 unknown

April 30 seems like a great ideal to have everything sorted out, but I'm afraid that it's going to be May 30 and I'll need to sign a lease in one city while begging two more for a chance. Schools say "we admit people from the waitlist through June" an all I can think about then is lease cycles...

Reactions: 7 users
I hate the question of "where will you be going?" or "what's your top choice?" when you are waitlisted... any school that lets me in is my top choice! lol

Reactions: 19 users
Med schools just love putting people on waitlists huh. 7 interviews, 4 waitlists, 2 acceptances, 1 rejection. There's one school in particular that I'm really hoping for but it's an unranked waitlist. Hating the uncertainty.

1 MD II, 1 Waitlist. LOL, may the odds ever be in yours and my favor.

I'm so glad someone started this thread. I am grateful for my 1 acceptance, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one sitting on a few waitlists for schools we'd rather attend. My stats: 8 interviews, 2 rejections, 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists, 2 pending decision. Here's to wishing for lots of movement in April and May!

Lol bro, can you pass your acceptance to me when you get off your waitlists successfully :)

Just found this thread! 6 MD II which led to 5 waitlists and one interview next week! I at least have one DO acceptance, but that doesn't stop me from counting down the days until April 30th!

1 I, 1 II, 1 Waitlist.

...Currently attempting to track down all accepted applicants and convince them that medicine is a bad path for them and to consider going elsewhere :pompous:

I have one waitlist, no acceptances. The school where I was waitlisted is to my top choice where I have been waitlisted now three years in a row out of four applications.

I have one waitlist, no acceptances. The school where I was waitlisted is to my top choice where I have been waitlisted now three years in a row out of four applications.
Same school waitlisted you three years in a row?! Jeez that is cold.

Same school waitlisted you three years in a row?! Jeez that is cold.

Yup... top choice too. According to the student tour guides, they have one person in their class who was accepted on his EIGHTH round after 7 waitlists.

I almost said "Are you messing with me?"

Well, actually I almost said something else, but the profanity filter on SDN will never let it through. ;-)

where's this thread been?! ugh, worst year ever lol. ready...

8 MD II, 6 MD WL, 1 MD Rejection, Awaiting 1 more decision

Basically my life sucks. happy to have a couple DO acceptances, but if one could ever have their hopes high just to get crushed, it's me.

Reactions: 6 users
3 II, 2 rejections, 1 WL. So it will be at least a year after I submitted my AMCAS that I will finally know...

where's this thread been?! ugh, worst year ever lol. ready...

8 MD II, 6 MD WL, 1 MD Rejection, Awaiting 1 more decision

Basically my life sucks. happy to have a couple DO acceptances, but if one could ever have their hopes high just to get crushed, it's me.

The goods are odd, but your odds are good my friend.

5 II, 3 WL, 1 decision pending, 1 interview pending. It has been a long winter indeed.

5 Interviews, 5 Waitlists. It's like they all got together to plan a cruel joke :'(

Reactions: 14 users
I truly wish the best for you all, and I hope you all can get off the waitlists soon! Good luck future doctors!

Interviewed at 6 programs in the USNWR top 10. Waitlisted at 5, rejected from 1.

Pretty disappointed as I've always felt a bit like an "underdog" (from a rural area, not really a "science person", went to a state school, kind of late to the pre-med game, etc.) and I felt excited to be interviewing at schools that, 5 or 6 years ago, I never thought I'd even visit in my lifetime. It sucked to hear back from them one at a time, bad news each time.

Luckily I have several acceptances so I'll be going somewhere, but right now I'm feeling disappointed to have come so close to a top-tier school, then failed completely. Very grateful for this thread.

Welp, waitlisted at my top choice (Einstein) today. Good times.

1 acceptance
1 waitlist (to my top choice, which I never even thought I'd stand a chance with my numbers)

*sigh* Hopefully May brings more than just flowers

6 II, 2 waitlists, 2 rejections, 1 acceptance(!), 1 more to attend.
I applied to 15 schools, so I guess that's a pretty high II yield.
GW asked for a letter of interest to stay on their waitlist, and I'm basically reading their entire website to find a million lovely things to say about them.

2 II, one reject and one waitlist. At least my LOI will be as honest as ever. Good luck everyone

Newcomer to this thread: 3 II, one waitlist (top choice), and 2 still pending post interview. The wait is horrible, however I'm not the only drifting along this endless road, so that makes things a little better. Good luck guys!