2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard back that has interviewed in the first week of November? This is now week 11....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else heard back that has interviewed in the first week of November? This is now week 11....
some people who interviewed 1st and 2nd week have heard back..
im in the same boat as you

Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate pool. Really hoping for a break, GW is my first choice.

Welp, rejected pre-II today. I was complete mid-August, LizzyM ~69. I had been on hold since early November. The rejection email included the following:

"We want to point out that this decision relates in part to the extreme competition for places in our class. The decision not to proceed further with your application was made on the basis of this careful review. We have done our best to be realistic and judicious in reaching our decisions. I hope that you will understand that this decision is a reflection of the extraordinary talent represented in our applicant pool and that many more excellent candidates are being denied this year than in the past."

I'm not sure if that was included in earlier rejections or not, but it actually made me feel a little bit better about being rejected.

Best of luck to those still in the running and if you decide to attend, enjoy the opportunity to live in DC!

Reactions: 5 users
Welp, rejected pre-II today. I was complete mid-August, LizzyM ~69. I had been on hold since early November. The rejection email included the following:

"We want to point out that this decision relates in part to the extreme competition for places in our class. The decision not to proceed further with your application was made on the basis of this careful review. We have done our best to be realistic and judicious in reaching our decisions. I hope that you will understand that this decision is a reflection of the extraordinary talent represented in our applicant pool and that many more excellent candidates are being denied this year than in the past."

I'm not sure if that was included in earlier rejections or not, but it actually made me feel a little bit better about being rejected.

Best of luck to those still in the running and if you decide to attend, enjoy the opportunity to live in DC!
+1 with similar Lizzy M but later complete date

Rejected, pre-II, similar to the ones above... I am beginning to sense a trend in my status updates... hopefully my DO schools show me some love!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection email received just now after having been on hold since October. 34 MCAT, 3.4-3.6 sGPA and cGPA. Good luck to all still in the running!

Rejection email here just now as well. I've been on hold since 09/25, OOS, LizzyM ~71. Best of luck to those of you still in the running!

Rejected pre-II after being on hold since late October. Complete 8/7, 31 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, OOS. I had also sent in multiple updates since the hold status. Best of luck to everyone still in the running!

Reactions: 1 users
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
interviewed 11/06!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Accepted this morning! So excited!

Reactions: 3 users
Have an interview coming up! Super nervous since its my only invite.

For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?

Thanks in advance!

For those of you who were interviewed, did you find that you were leading the direction of the interview since its closed file? Were there any ethical questions? Any extra tips?

Thanks in advance!
My student interviewer told me the only required questions where why gw and why medicine. So, after addressing those questions, I tried to steer the interviews towards topics I was comfortable with. Worked well as I avoided difficult ethical questions. Good luck!

Thanks in advance!
Let me know if I can help you, run91, I'm currently a GW student and can do what I can to prepare you (ps: it was my only interview, too!) :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV MCAT 30 GPA 3.9
I dont know what to do next;n I. dont know how it works.. any help will be very appreciated :)
You'll get some emails soon with more info!

Accepted this morning!! Interviewed on 11/20 :)

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody know in the past when people began getting acceptances from the waiting list? Usually not until April right?

Got accepted yesterday!! interviewed sec week of NOV MCAT 30 GPA 3.9
Congrats!!! Were you wait listed first or just accepted first thing ?! I'm just trying to see if there's been any WL movement

Congrats!!! Were you wait listed first or just accepted first thing ?! I'm just trying to see if there's been any WL movement
Thank you :)
I was accepted without WL. Sorry that my nswer doesnt help much

Has anyone been given an II after an extensive hold?

Any II's recently? Or does anyone know when the interview cycle ends at GWU?

Rejected pre-II. I'm not surprised, I've been on hold this entire time. Good luck to everyone else! :luck:

Waiting for my Pre-II rejection………… I feel like they've forgotten about me….

Reactions: 4 users
Waiting for my Pre-II rejection………… I feel like they've forgotten about me….

+1 I don't know how I just survived that round of rejections. I have also been on hold most of this cycle. I sent a letter of interest a couple of days ago so maybe that delayed them from rejecting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I just received an interview invite yesterday after being on hold since October! Don't lose hope ! :)

Reactions: 6 users