2013-2014 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are you saying you're on the WL but didn't receive the "fill this out if you're still interested in us " form?

I received the "update your personal info" email but I never got a "form" to fill out. Can anyone else on the WL provide some insight? Did you guys receive a "questionnaire" or a "form" other than an email saying to update your personal info, contact info, SSN, etc.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I received the "update your personal info" email but I never got a "form" to fill out. Can anyone else on the WL provide some insight? Did you guys receive a "questionnaire" or a "form" other than an email saying to update your personal info, contact info, SSN, etc.

Thanks!

I just entered the requested info directly into the web site "update your file" box.

These were the directions I got:
In order to remain under consideration for a seat in our Fall 2014 entering class, at this time the Committee on Admissions requests that you provide the following information via your status portal update feature. (https://jboss.gwumc.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/)
• First & Last Name
• AAMC ID #
• Preferred Contact Email Address, Phone Number and Current Mailing Address
• Social Security Number (optional) Note: This will be required for your financial aid packaging.
• Statement of Interest & Any Additional Information

Members don't see this ad :)
I just entered the requested info directly into the web site "update your file" box.

In order to remain under consideration for a seat in our Fall 2014 entering class, at this time the Committee on Admissions requests that you provide the following information via your status portal update feature. (https://jboss.gwumc.edu/AdmissionsOfficeWeb/)
• First & Last Name
• AAMC ID #
• Social Security Number (optional) Note: This will be required for your financial aid packaging.

Same. I just made a document with the requested information and uploaded it.

• First & Last Name
• AAMC ID #

Damn, it kinda makes me nervous that I was never asked for this info...

I was placed on the WL April 1, but I never received a second email about anything else....I did, however, send them an immediate letter of interest the same day I was placed on the WL, do you think this is why I didn't get a second email?

I also did not receive an email but sent an update/interest letter the night before i was waitlisted.

Damn, it kinda makes me nervous that I was never asked for this info...
They probably presume that since you had recently been interviewed, you were already interested in remaining on the WL.

Hey everyone,

I have withdrawn my acceptance from GW.

I wish you all the best of luck, stick in there.

David

They probably presume that since you had recently been interviewed, you were already interested in remaining on the WL.

Thanks for the info!! :) and yeah i agree. drdea I wouldn't sweat it. they probably just assumed that you were still interested bc of the letter you sent in the night before. your case is probably different.

anyone know whether GWU have a lot of movement off the waitinglist after the final decision date?

bleh alternate listed just now.. interviewed march 27th

Members don't see this ad :)
It was via email. I turned in my FA super super early and got it on April 4th.

Reactions: 1 user
I just want these next two weeks to fly by so we can hopefully start to hear some news come early May :nailbiting:

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone have an idea of when the earliest date they start pulling people out of the waitlist is?

Anyone have an idea of when the earliest date they start pulling people out of the waitlist is?

From looking at last year's thread, it seems that people (very few) started getting pulled off between May 7th - 15th and then the class got full pretty quickly. But the year before I guess some people were sent emails on May 1st asking to state their continued interest and received calls as early as that day or the 2nd...I wouldn't be surprised if, given the larger number of applicants this year, more people than expected decide to attend GWU :arghh:

I just wish I had an idea of how many people are on the WL

I got an e-mail today saying that they started reviewing people on the waitlist today and will begin extending offers as soon as next week. They also said they identified my file as of "extreme merit" and to start filling out financial aid forms. Anyone else get this? Hoping it works out, I want to get off the alternate list so badly I love GW!

I got an e-mail today saying that they started reviewing people on the waitlist today and will begin extending offers as soon as next week. They also said they identified my file as of "extreme merit" and to start filling out financial aid forms. Anyone else get this? Hoping it works out, I want to get off the alternate list so badly I love GW!
Nice! From the 2011-12 thread I read it seemed that those receiving that email got accept off the waitlist! I haven't received this email, but I hope I do this week...

When did you interview if you don't mind my asking? And have you been sending them updates?

Nice! From the 2011-12 thread I read it seemed that those receiving that email got accept off the waitlist! I haven't received this email, but I hope I do this week...

When did you interview if you don't mind my asking? And have you been sending them updates?

I interviewed on March 27th!

I sent in an update after my interview (in addition to thank you letters to recommenders), another update after being alternate listed, then the update they asked for if you're still interested in remaining on the wait list, and another update today because they asked for a statement of continued interest in response to the "extreme merit" email. Lots of writing but hopefully it works out! Thanks for the tip about the 2011-2012 year and good luck to you! I hope you get the e-mail as well

Did anyone get an II today, or know if the AdCom decided to give out those extra late spring IIs? Thanks in advance!

I spoke to admissions on Monday and they told me they finished interviewing the last week of March

I spoke to admissions on Monday and they told me they finished interviewing the last week of March
I am referring specifically to an e-mail that some of us got earlier this month which stated: "There is a very slim possibility that the Committee on Admissions may decide to offer a few interviews in late spring." Do you know if they were referring to the regular interview cycle when they answered "last week of March"? Thank you!

I am referring specifically to an e-mail that some of us got earlier this month which stated: "There is a very slim possibility that the Committee on Admissions may decide to offer a few interviews in late spring." Do you know if they were referring to the regular interview cycle when they answered "last week of March"? Thank you!

I'm not sure! I asked if they were done with interviews and that's the response I got.

I interviewed on March 27th!

I sent in an update after my interview (in addition to thank you letters to recommenders), another update after being alternate listed, then the update they asked for if you're still interested in remaining on the wait list, and another update today because they asked for a statement of continued interest in response to the "extreme merit" email. Lots of writing but hopefully it works out! Thanks for the tip about the 2011-2012 year and good luck to you! I hope you get the e-mail as well

Anyone else get the email, yet?

Do they send those email out in waves throughout the spring, or is it a one-time batch? If you don't receive that email, does it mean you will likely not get off the waitlist?

Do they send those email out in waves throughout the spring, or is it a one-time batch? If you don't receive that email, does it mean you will likely not get off the waitlist?
From past threads it seemed like people only got the email during a period of a couple days, but people who didn't receive the email got accepted off the waitlist as well, so I wouldn't give up hope if you don't get the email. Doesn't seem like many people usually receive the email...

Reactions: 1 user
From past threads it seemed like people only got the email during a period of a couple days, but people who didn't receive the email got accepted off the waitlist as well, so I wouldn't give up hope if you don't get the email. Doesn't seem like many people usually receive the email...

Anyone receive this email today??
I keep anxiously checking mine, but nothing so far. :-/

Yea I think we should feel better b/c really not many people got that email. so relax. if it's meant to happen, it will happen. stay zen.........
+3 ooooy

dont stress about the email. if you got the email you will get in (almost positive). but MOST people taken from the alternate list DO NOT get an email. Also, a few people will trickle in from the alternate at the end of april. More will be accepted in early may. Alot will be accepted mid may around may 15. I know quite a few people in this years freshman class and they all told me the same thing.

Reactions: 5 users