2013-2014 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not giving up hope yet! I'm guessing they're waiting to see whether the newly accepted students decide to attend before accepting more. To those that were recently accepted off of the waitlist, how long were you given to decide?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Well assuming yesterday was the big wthdrawal day, Monday should begin the scramble to fill seats. Gotta figure our best odds lie in the next business week right

Gave up my seat, it was a super difficult decision but I hope it goes to one of you here! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys think they read our update emails or just stash them in our file?

Do you guys think they read our update emails or just stash them in our file?
I would think that they do given how adamant they are about sending LOIs and updates. Seems like they really like that.

I would think that they do given how adamant they are about sending LOIs and updates. Seems like they really like that.

Hope so. Seems like on past threads the waitlist movement happens prior to the 15th whereas this year There's been hardly any. Not sure where that leaves us lol

what is an exit interview? and thank you so much for calling by the way! I guess we can't expect them to give us too much info...just wish we knew whether the class is full.
An in person/phone conversation about why you weren't accepted, usually done with an executive committee member. Mine covered all aspects from primary --> secondary --> II, but mainly II.

It seems like they aren't going to do anything until May 15. However, I have noticed that the Facebook group number has been dropping. It's down to 165 right now which is less than the class size of 177. No one new has been added in a while. (Yes, I know this is weird that I check the number of Facebook group members...but I'm dying for an acceptance).

What is the name of the facebook group / can you post a link to it?

What is the name of the facebook group / can you post a link to it?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/206120216242382/

The good news is the group's number has consistently dropped since Thursday to 156. But the bad news is it appears the admin added several people on Friday, which could be interpreted as acceptances going out around then. Who knows though... Here's hoping for this week!

Reactions: 1 users
An in person/phone conversation about why you weren't accepted, usually done with an executive committee member. Mine covered all aspects from primary --> secondary --> II, but mainly II.
ah gotcha.

Any news anyone?

:whistle:twiddling my thumbs and waiting around.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Graduation was today so that is probably why we didn't hear anything! :) (first step is denial)...really though

Edit: I was notified by a more alert individual that graduation was yesterday. Nevermind. To keep going with the cliches...Ignorance would have been bliss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So is the wait list done moving already?!?!?!
I hope not...I mean the class MIGHT be full already, but I think they're still waiting on people to drop acceptances given that the 15th deadline was so recent (or would they all have had to drop by now?)...I think a couple of the past threads revealed that the class was full by this time though (if I remember correctly)

I hope not...I mean the class MIGHT be full already, but I think they're still waiting on people to drop acceptances given that the 15th deadline was so recent (or would they all have had to drop by now?)...I think a couple of the past threads revealed that the class was full by this time though (if I remember correctly)

That is too bad. sigh

Our deposits to confirm our spot in the 2018 class are due Thursday, so I would assume some people may drop after that. Good luck everyone on the alternate list! Don't lose hope- it's certainly possible!

Does that mean applicants can continue to hold multiple acceptances after May 15? Or is this Thursday's deadline only for people recently accepted from the alternate pool? Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
I think it's just for those of us that were recently accepted- I could be wrong though.

Well the FB admin added about 14 people to the FB group today so looks like they took people off the alt list. No bueno...

I know someone who was just added to the fb group today, but had been accepted awhile ago. The people added today may not have necessary been accepted today.

You guys really think it's over? :(

Do they ever send rejections to WLers before August? Like do we really just sit here and still wait?

You guys really think it's over? :(

Do they ever send rejections to WLers before August? Like do we really just sit here and still wait?

Honestly when I saw the fb number went up, I think it's close to being very over. But then there's a little part of me that hopes that it's not, but let's be real...I don't think they would send rejections so early, but when they do send it, it will be too late for anyone to make plans.

I think if a WLer has no other acceptance as of now, I would just suggest applying for jobs or some post-bacc or special master's now before it's too late.

There is still plenty of time. It isn't over. Plenty of my friends just withdrew from a huge list of schools including the top 5-- The openings trickle down from there and that takes time.

Here's to hoping we'll all be here in the fall...

Does anyone know when Orientation is? I'm just wondering because waitlist movement can continue all summer until the first day of classes

I never found this year's schedule, but saw they started mid august last year

Orientation is August 6th. White Coat ceremony is Aug 9th, and classes start Aug 11th.

So it looks like at least several people who got the "merit email" did not get in. That's pretty surprising, considering they all got in two years ago. I wonder what could be behind that...

Are you basing that observation on only this thread? Idk why but I get a terrible sense of nonmovement

I know two people who got the email and haven't gotten in. I think there are more on these forums.

Damn that pretty much means There's a queue already and anybody without the email is in trouble

I just heard from a relative today whose friend's granddaughter was accepted off the WL last year a WEEK before class started. There's a long wait ahead...gonna start planning my life around it nonetheless o_O

So it looks like at least several people who got the "merit email" did not get in. That's pretty surprising, considering they all got in two years ago. I wonder what could be behind that...

Yes, I got the email and still wasn't contacted. It just seems like they got my hopes up for no reason....... or the email just didn't mean anything.

Yes, I got the email and still wasn't contacted. It just seems like they got my hopes up for no reason....... or the email just didn't mean anything.

3 more ppl were added to the facebook page today...

since today is the deposit deadline and the alternate status website says "most movement will occur in late May," we may hear some good news next week :)

Any chance some of the students in that Facebook group are current M1s? I noticed in one of the class of 2018 groups I'm in for a different school there is like 15% M1-M2s scouting the incoming class

Any chance some of the students in that Facebook group are current M1s? I noticed in one of the class of 2018 groups I'm in for a different school there is like 15% M1-M2s scouting the incoming class
it's possible! i'm not sure, but here's hoping!

it's possible, but you also have to consider not everyone uses Facebook, so there might be some accepted applicants not in the group

Anyone know if the class is full? Any WL movement recently? :-/

Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked at GW? I called admissions a few weeks ago and they said no…but their website says yes. I don't recall what they said during my interview day though.

Does anyone know if the alternate list is ranked at GW? I called admissions a few weeks ago and they said no…but their website says yes. I don't recall what they said during my interview day though.

When I spoke to the office, they said it's not ranked.. Oh the woes of hearsay and opaque admission process

When I spoke to the office, they said it's not ranked.. Oh the woes of hearsay and opaque admission process
hmm alright glad that we heard the same thing from admissions though. Thank you!