2012-2013 Social Thread!! Let's start networking!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That explains all of your acceptances to stellar schools :thumbup: I gotta ditch this TV

I am a very flattered and grateful individual for the way my application cycle turned out :)

Also, TOP!! :naughty:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a very flattered and grateful individual for the way my application cycle turned out :)

Also, TOP!! :naughty:
Hopefully i'll be adding a +1 to this statement next month. Waitlisted at my top choice :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
First season wasn't perfect for the Borgias. But it is definitely getting better with each episode. I love it. Try it out, On Demand, Showtime.

First season wasn't perfect for the Borgias. But it is definitely getting better with each episode. I love it. Try it out, On Demand, Showtime.

Borgias is a good show, but I think Game of Thrones is just getting too good.

Borgias is a good show, but I think Game of Thrones is just getting too good.

GoT beats it no doubt! But I watch GoT, and then Borgias every Sunday, they premiere at the same time every week.

Does anybody know if GoT is on Netflix's or HuluPlus, etc.?

Definitely not on NetFlix. HBO never has anything on there. I am pretty sure it is only on HBO GO for instant play...I don't even know if you can get the DVDs/Blu-Rays shipped to you via NetFlix. HBO is very into having their own brand and not letting anyone else touch it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely not on NetFlix. HBO never has anything on there. I am pretty sure it is only on HBO GO for instant play...I don't even know if you can get the DVDs/Blu-Rays shipped to you via NetFlix. HBO is very into having their own brand and not letting anyone else touch it.

Hmmm. Got ya, thanks!

How's it everyone?! I've been busy completing class work for my 2 courses I'm taking online as part of my tuition-free benefits. This is what happens when you have 8 hrs to burn for your 8 to 5 job every day. You take classes after getting two degrees to fill up the day. LMAO. I had a final for my class this evening and have one on Monday evening too then I'm done with that ish.

Does anyone watch Scandal, Grey's, Revolution, or Lost Girl? I don't have premium tv.

How's it everyone?! I've been busy completing class work for my 2 courses I'm taking online as part of my tuition-free benefits. This is what happens when you have 8 hrs to burn for your 8 to 5 job every day. You take classes after getting two degrees to fill up the day. LMAO. I had a final for my class this evening and have one on Monday evening too then I'm done with that ish.

Does anyone watch Scandal, Grey's, Revolution, or Lost Girl? I don't have premium tv.
Good luck with finals. One thing I do not miss about undergrad. As far as the shows you listed, I tried for dear life to get into Scandal but I just could not do it. Grey's I watch inconsistently over the years, on 5th season now.

justalittlestar

I got this for you:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEddixS-UoU[/YOUTUBE]

Have you seen it yet!? haha

Side note: wanted to point the beautiful natural sisters in this video ;-) lol

Last edited:
justalittlestar

I got this for you:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEddixS-UoU[/YOUTUBE]

Have you seen it yet!? haha

Side note: wanted to point the beautiful natural sisters in this video ;-) lol

Aha, yeah just watched it yesterday. Loved all the outfits. Not too sure about JM rapping tho :laugh:

Welp...just took the free princeton review MCAT and the website somehow didn't save any of my answers and didn't score the test :bang::diebanana: guess I'll be trying it again tomorrow morning...

Welp...just took the free princeton review MCAT and the website somehow didn't save any of my answers and didn't score the test :bang::diebanana: guess I'll be trying it again tomorrow morning...

Awww that sucks :(

Awww that sucks :(

It's all good! lol I remembered most of my answers so I zipped through it today so as to not bias myself and change too much...still didn't go great haha and only 19 days til test day :scared:

Where's everybody been at!? Everyone's been ghost lately.

It's all good! lol I remembered most of my answers so I zipped through it today so as to not bias myself and change too much...still didn't go great haha and only 19 days til test day :scared:

Where's everybody been at!? Everyone's been ghost lately.

I think it's final's time for a lot of people. Or in my case, sheer lazyness. How are you feeling about Mcat? A few days before my test, my score was fluctuating up and down by 7 points per test. Talk about trippy :laugh:

I think it's final's time for a lot of people. Or in my case, sheer lazyness. How are you feeling about Mcat? A few days before my test, my score was fluctuating up and down by 7 points per test. Talk about trippy :laugh:

Haha I've got finals too (I'm in an MS program). I'm feeling okay man...19 days, but I've truthfully only taken 3 full lengths so Idunno...my organic is weak, but I'm just going to try and keep with it and hope that my test is most representative of my strengths...I can't reschedule until like end of July anyway so I figure might as well do it and if my scores come back terrible I'll retake in August...but I really don't want to...I'm stressing

And yo if my scores are fluctuating that much come this next week or so I'm going to be losing it :laugh: but I'm sure your scores were probably between 30-37 right? :D

I'm around, I peep in everyday.
But you guys are mostly talking about MCAT/matriculating. Neither applies to me, so I don't really have that much to say. Waiting for a non-school related conversation lol. I talk about school enough!

And yo if my scores are fluctuating that much come this next week or so I'm going to be losing it :laugh: but I'm sure your scores were probably between 30-37 right? :D

Psh try 38-45 #BOSS :cool:

I saw that someone posted the new JM video but, I love Ciara's new song Body Party :naughty:

Here is the song, [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9rSBcoX9ak[/YOUTUBE]

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Enjoy yourself!

Dropping by to say hi to everyone (and looking for any excuse to procrastinate studying)!

Thanks! I see a lot of people are suffering through finals/MCAT prep stuff? anybody got any cool plans lined up? I know I will be going abroad for a few weeks to blow off some steam before school starts!

Thanks! I see a lot of people are suffering through finals/MCAT prep stuff? anybody got any cool plans lined up? I know I will be going abroad for a few weeks to blow off some steam before school starts!

If by cool plans you mean looking for a summer job before leaving medschool and riding public transit in the upcoming blistering heat then yup....real cool plans :smuggrin: Where are you going abroad to?

If by cool plans you mean looking for a summer job before leaving medschool and riding public transit in the upcoming blistering heat then yup....real cool plans :smuggrin: Where are you going abroad to?
That sounds like a blast lol! Can't knock the grind though.
I'll be working at a science summer camp for the beginning of the summer and teaching a little. But then I'll be headed to Thailand. One of my good friends will be working over there after graduation, so a group of us have already planned a visit before school starts. Trying to add a few stamps to the passport before med school takes over my life lol

That sounds like a blast lol! Can't knock the grind though.
I'll be working at a science summer camp for the beginning of the summer and teaching a little. But then I'll be headed to Thailand. One of my good friends will be working over there after graduation, so a group of us have already planned a visit before school starts. Trying to add a few stamps to the passport before med school takes over my life lol

Lucky man, I am jealous. I thought I would have enough between stocks and savings to go overseas, but sadly reality>dreams. Have fun man....actually double the fun for me.

Thanks. I surprisingly didn't spend as much as I thought I would when I was applying to schools so that's where some of it comes from. And can't forget about the graduation presents.

Are you still in school or did you take a gap year? I'm too lazy to look at all your posts.

Thanks. I surprisingly didn't spend as much as I thought I would when I was applying to schools so that's where some of it comes from. And can't forget about the graduation presents.

Are you still in school or did you take a gap year? I'm too lazy to look at all your posts.

Haha laziness seems to describe me lately. I took a gap year. I was doing fine with funds UNTIL I went to UC Davis interview. I spent about $400 more than I planned because of last minute hotel cancellation. (wonder why :rolleyes:) on top of a $400 plane ticket.

Seems like a interesting story behind that...I kept all my stuff local. Only 2 plane tickets and I was blessed enough to get into to my top choice early enough that I didn't have to or need to go to other cool places.

Seems like a interesting story behind that...I kept all my stuff local. Only 2 plane tickets and I was blessed enough to get into to my top choice early enough that I didn't have to or need to go to other cool places.

Hope some of your luck rubs off on me around May 15th. Although i'm sure you had stellar stats and interview well.

Sending good luck your way! My stats weren't great at all. I think I put together a good story in my app. Plus the mission of the school fits!

I saw that someone posted the new JM video but, I love Ciara's new song Body Party :naughty:

It's a good song lol...kind of old school to me, but I dig it. Her dating Future seems odd to me though...but then again she did date Bow Wow :laugh:

Welcome! I'm trying to hit the beach over memorial day weekend if possible (my MCAT is the 23rd so timing is right :laugh:)

I've decided I have no choice but to take my MCAT on the 23rd so I just gotta keep chugging! Finals will fortunately be done in 3 days

There is no better feeling than being done with the MCAT! You got this. The beach does sound like a plan...we will be goin to my friends house in Wilmington as soon as I take this last final.

Just dropping in to say hey! I love that this forum is getting some action again :)

There is no better feeling than being done with the MCAT! You got this. The beach does sound like a plan...we will be goin to my friends house in Wilmington as soon as I take this last final.

Another NC resident??