2012-2013 Social Thread!! Let's start networking!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Full Metal Alchemist FTW :D

Members don't see this ad.

Full Metal Alchemist FTW :D

LOL. Yeah! That shows how much I was into it. I liked that show. Really, I did but it has been a while. Hehehe! I was sad when they ended it or maybe they started messing with the show times and I missed it. Who knows?! I also liked Reboot and Ghost in the Shell. Awe they are coming back to me now! :naughty:

Blacks and Latinos watch anime? I watch The Boondocks, is that close? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
in on this convo!!

Really hope some of you guys will be applying to NYC schools with me this summer! June 20th MCAT leggo!

And @ the Weeknd .. groce. I tried to like him.. I really did. But that repetitive falsetto with the echo and the hyper-sexxed lyrics on every. single. track. . couldn't even get through the whole album #smh :sleep:

in on this convo!!

Really hope some of you guys will be applying to NYC schools with me this summer! June 20th MCAT leggo!

And @ the Weeknd .. groce. I tried to like him.. I really did. But that repetitive falsetto with the echo and the hyper-sexxed lyrics on every. single. track. . couldn't even get through the whole album #smh :sleep:
I'm with you, the sex and drugs gets old fast IMO.
Glad to see so many of you watch anime! Full metal is legit, idk where they left off on tv but you could always watch it online, and it's on Netflix. I also love bleach, deadman wonderland, inuyasha, cowboy bebop, and countless others. I try to stick with one at a time so I can go through the whole thing, including the undubbed episodes.

I'm with you, the sex and drugs gets old fast IMO.
Glad to see so many of you watch anime! Full metal is legit, idk where they left off on tv but you could always watch it online, and it's on Netflix. I also love bleach, deadman wonderland, inuyasha, cowboy bebop, and countless others. I try to stick with one at a time so I can go through the whole thing, including the undubbed episodes.

I saw some episodes of Bleach so they weren't bad. I just have a bad habit of trying to keep up with them.

Music wise: I like a lot of different stuff. Right now my favorites are: the script, drake, eminem, usher, Chris brown, Rihanna, lot of artists I can't name because I hear their music on the radio and it sounds good. Definitely a radio person. Right now Muse has a nice song on the radio. I'm pretty open minded to all types of music.

in on this convo!!

If you relate, you relate...if you don't, you don't :cool:

I understand people not liking him but he seems to understand my life with a lot of the songs

And yessss I'll be applying to almost every school in NYC (that's where the fam is from) :thumbup:

in on this convo!!

Welcome and it all depends on what environment you are listening to him in. Walking to class or riding in the car...probably not going to feel him. But when you have a hot tenderoni in your bed ready to be cooked, Weeknd is perfect :D

Welcome and it all depends on what environment you are listening to him in. Walking to class or riding in the car...probably not going to feel him. But when you have a hot tenderoni in your bed ready to be cooked, Weeknd is perfect :D
hahahaha hot tenderoni

But I can def agree with you there...

I am late to this thread but hello everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am late to this thread but hello everyone!

Welcome brother...I've been holding it down for the Latinos but we need more representation so I'm glad you're on board :laugh:

For me, I just dig the ambiance of The Weeknd's music...it is very nocturnal and puts me in a place of relaxation and reflection

35595903.jpg

Whats up yall! I guess everyone has transferred to this thread lol

The fact that this meme has appeared on SDN has me weak!! :laugh: Thank you for that

The fact that this meme has appeared on SDN has me weak!! :laugh: Thank you for that
Yeah girl, we needed some variation!

Lol. Who posted that? Trinidad James is so clowny looking.

Can't really get into anime... Not realistic enough, but The Walking Dead? Now that's some reality TV.. Anyone else have a zombiepocaplyse contingency plan already in place !? :naughty:

I just got back from a dive bar and got to do some cooking. I will chime in a bit!

For me, I just dig the ambiance of The Weeknd's music...it is very nocturnal and puts me in a place of relaxation and reflection

True that as well, but usually I like to listen to the Weeknd at night. I think it's because the first time I heard him was at night relaxing with hot honeydip :cool:

He favors Jerome from Martin lol

He actually grew up down the street from me, so the whole city is going crazy over him. Even with all this, I still thought he looked like Jerome lol.

Can't really get into anime... Not realistic enough, but The Walking Dead? Now that's some reality TV.. Anyone else have a zombiepocaplyse contingency plan already in place !? :naughty:

:thumbdown: You no like anime, but you likey zombies :mad:

Hell yes! My undergraduate college house had a full plan ready...we lived at the bottom of a hill right by a river so we had a pretty decent set up haha

:laugh: It's cool. I just think he's a funny looking guy. I like 'All Gold Everything' but he's not a good rapper imo.

Yes! Jerome from Martin that's a perfect description. :lol:

I don't consider him a rapper...don't even listen to him. I didn't even know the song other than "Pop a molly I'm sweating" until about 2 weeks ago lol...I listen to conscious hip hop not that ratchet BS on the radio

I just got back from a dive bar and got to do some cooking. I will chime in a bit!

Yoooo I gotta learn how to cook man, what you making? haha

lmao iave got some funny names for his pursuits. hot honeydip haha

True that as well, but usually I like to listen to the Weeknd at night. I think it's because the first time I heard him was at night relaxing with hot honeydip :cool:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how he's pulling em when he's calling em honeydips and tenderonis :laugh: west coast slang? lol

Not even :D

Haha pulling all the progressive Californian girls with that I bet

Dude hands down you are the funniest person on these threads. I can't read some of your comments without lol

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how he's pulling em when he's calling em honeydips and tenderonis :laugh: west coast slang? lol

and nope, just picked up the terms from my friends over the years. Smooth though right?

Lol. Who posted that? Trinidad James is so clowny looking.

Just saw him on the breakfast club. He has a perm now.....

Hell yes! My undergraduate college house had a full plan ready...we lived at the bottom of a hill right by a river so we had a pretty decent set up haha

Sir, anywhere close to a college would not be a "decent" set up. Damn, people and their amateur zombie defense plans. LOL.

and nope, just picked up the terms from my friends over the years. Smooth though right?

This would be hilarious to see in person. Can you imagine being out with someone calling girls tenderoni's and honeydips? #instantcomedy

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Anyone else had a overwhelmingly horrible night? :mad:

Arguing...well I guess it was just talking, but angry talking haha
All night, didn't get to bed till 4:30, and it was still unresolved, so kinda in a stink now.

Yeah, in hindsight (of course) it is prettty stupid

Yeah, in hindsight (of course) it is prettty stupid

:( Hopefully today proves to be a better one.

What do you guys think about me starting a philosophy club at my local library? There's a lot of teens/young adults that frequent the library and I figured it'll be a good way to introduce abstract thinking without all the sciency stuff. Any ideas?

I think that is an excellent idea! But I imagine it would be hard with high schoolers no? Maybe a "Freshman Philosophe's Club"
Idk how you go about doing those things, but it does sound like an excellent idea!

Haha I am in a committed relationship but she digs it for sure!

I don't follow...what is "committed"? :laugh: Good for you bruh, stick with it cause you don't wanna end up 24 or 25 and back out playing the single game...you won't wanna go back to this "commitment" thing...trust me ;)

I'm thinking commitment can come circa age ~35 :cool:

Dude hands down you are the funniest person on these threads. I can't read some of your comments without lol

Yall are too nice :oops:

I'd like to thank Dick Jones for starting this thread and allowing me to spread my wings :cry:

I hope my quick wit and my assh*olish ways will somehow aid me on the interview trail this coming cycle :thumbup:

Hey! I made DickJones create the thread!

Geez no love...

I don't follow...what is "committed"? :laugh: Good for you bruh, stick with it cause you don't wanna end up 24 or 25 and back out playing the single game...you won't wanna go back to this "commitment" thing...trust me ;)

I'm thinking commitment can come circa age ~35 :cool:

Isn't 35 when dudes start getting the 'old man at the club' designation? :D

Let a woman be uncommitted and/or unmarried and childless by the time she's 35 and you'll see she gets the craziest looks. It's funny to me how singlehood by men is viewed as a prize while some women see it as hell.