2012-2013 Albert Einstein of Yeshiva Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty sure there is a guest list for the event

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the attire for ThursdAy nights event?

I haven't been accepted but I plan on showing up just to make a good impression, put a face to my app and show extra genuine interest.

In one of your earlier posts though you said you were accepted...?

But anyways just an FYI - there most definitely is a guest list and last year they checked names against a list at the door, when handing out name tags.

Also, the majority of the people who will be there will be alumni and faculty, and I dont think that it's likely to be people who you will have a chance to meet/increase odds of getting an acceptance at this point.. Sorry! (Also if you aren't an accepted student and show up to an event being held for accepted students, they may even be displeased more than impressed by your interest.. Not trying to be discouraging but just saying that there could also be potential downsides)

But keep your hopes up, they are still giving out acceptances!

in one of your earlier posts though you said you were accepted...?

But anyways just an fyi - there most definitely is a guest list and last year they checked names against a list at the door, when handing out name tags.

Also, the majority of the people who will be there will be alumni and faculty, and i dont think that it's likely to be people who you will have a chance to meet/increase odds of getting an acceptance at this point.. Sorry! (also if you aren't an accepted student and show up to an event being held for accepted students, they may even be displeased more than impressed by your interest.. Not trying to be discouraging but just saying that there could also be potential downsides)

but keep your hopes up, they are still giving out acceptances!

+1

Members don't see this ad :)
OK...you got me. I am being a trolling jerk. I have been accepted and I just put that part about showing up uninvited to elicit entertaining bewildered comments. Just curious as to the ambiance and appropriate dress-ware for this event.

OK...you got me. I am being a trolling jerk. I have been accepted and I just put that part about showing up uninvited to elicit entertaining bewildered comments. Just curious as to the ambiance and appropriate dress-ware for this event.

Hahaha well, at least you'll admit the trolling ;p

Last year I wore a suit, and will do the same again this year. Most of the men were either wearing suits, or dress pants/blazer. Some were wearing dress pants/shirt w/o a jacket.

Overall, it's business casual, but seemed to lean more towards business professional.

YESSS! You just made my night <3

(Recently read a blog that said I'm going to lose all friends/hobbies/etc. in medical school >> freaked out)

I have friends at other medical school who are definitely way more stress than students at Einstein are. Medical school is hard, but I think Einstein does a really really good job at making medical school as much low stress as possible. I am definitely way chiller now than I was at undergrad when I had billions of extracurriculars to do.

Does Einstein have any admitted students events besides the alumni event this week? I can't make it, but I definitely want to take a closer look and get to know current/former students better.

Email the admission office if you want to set something up. We don't have an official second look.

I think decisions might come out today

Last edited:
Do many people on regular waitlist get accepted?

Also, from what I understand, Einstein has an unranked waitlist. Could someone please explain what that means exactly? Does that mean someone who gets added to the WL on April 30th has the same chance as someone added on January 1st and basically they offer acceptances to people who show the most interest? Does GPA/MCAT/ec/your interview still come into play?
How does the High Priority factor in? Do they offer acceptances in the manner described above to HPWL until they go through the whole list before offering doing the same to regular WL?

Hope I'm making sense!

Last edited:
Last year, Einstein sent out II on March 8th. I hope to hear back from them soon. :luck: Good luck, everyone!

Hoping to hear something soon too. I've been complete since september- haven't heard a peep since!

congrats to all of you guys with acceptances here, and good luck to everyone else still waiting!

regular waitlisted today :( anyone know the chances of getting pulled off the regular waitlist? is there a chance at all? this was my favorite school by far too

Members don't see this ad :)
Do many people on regular waitlist get accepted?

Also, from what I understand, Einstein has an unranked waitlist. Could someone please explain what that means exactly? Does that mean someone who gets added to the WL on April 30th has the same chance as someone added on January 1st and basically they offer acceptances to people who show the most interest? Does GPA/MCAT/ec/your interview still come into play?
How does the High Priority factor in? Do they offer acceptances in the manner described above to HPWL until they go through the whole list before offering doing the same to regular WL?

Hope I'm making sense!

I would also like to know more about the WL/HPWL.

pre-interview rejection today. can't say i didn't see that one coming!

Is it safe to say some of us may still be in the running for an interview? :(

Is it safe to say some of us may still be in the running for an interview? :(

I think if it were over, there would have been a mass rejection email, but I still haven't heard anything yet. On last year's thread, though, at this time, there were no more invites going out. Maybe silent rejection?

I think if it were over, there would have been a mass rejection email, but I still haven't heard anything yet. On last year's thread, though, at this time, there were no more invites going out. Maybe silent rejection?

Maybe...though why would they send out one rejection and then reject everyone en masse? Most other schools that sent out mass rejections didn't single anyone out for a rejection first. This is probably the optimism in me talking, but I think we're still in the running! :luck:

count me in the pessimistic crew. Haven't heard anything since being marked complete in August. Assuming silent rejection...

What are the chances of getting into the class if you're on the regular waitlist? All I saw was HPWL acceptances in last year's thread.
Please respond
nurse-doctor-upset-sad-crying-17615493.jpg

count me in the pessimistic crew. Haven't heard anything since being marked complete in August. Assuming silent rejection...

I wouldn't give up hope yet. I interviewed this past week and they said they interview well into april. While they are most likely are all booked if someone drops from the interview due to another acceptance you could be in luck

I would not give up hope until early April. One school notified me a week before my interview.

I wouldn't give up hope yet. I interviewed this past week and they said they interview well into april. While they are most likely are all booked if someone drops from the interview due to another acceptance you could be in luck

Hi, I was just wondering if a current student could tell me if online lectures are available to students. The MSAR says they are available on a 'case-by-case' basis, but what exactly does this mean? Is it easy to get access? (If it is even available in the first place)

Hi, I was just wondering if a current student could tell me if online lectures are available to students. The MSAR says they are available on a 'case-by-case' basis, but what exactly does this mean? Is it easy to get access? (If it is even available in the first place)

We use the PANOPTO system. All lectures are video and audio recorded.. That means you can hear the lecturer speaking and see what powerpoint they are on, along with the cursor, so you know what they are pointing at.

If professors do class demonstration the video will also captured as well.

The only time lectures aren't video recorded is when patients come to lectures and it is against privacy laws.

We use the PANOPTO system. All lectures are video and audio recorded.. That means you can hear the lecturer speaking and see what powerpoint they are on, along with the cursor, so you know what they are pointing at.

The only time lectures aren't video recorded is when patients come to lectures and it is against privacy laws.

Thank you for the insight. I'm so relieved now, I can't wait to apply for the next cycle!

Would any current Einstein student happen to know what the average step 1 score for Einstein was in any of the recent past years?

So do many students skip lectures and watch at home? How many classes have mandatory attendance?

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back after interviewing?

Would any current Einstein student happen to know what the average step 1 score for Einstein was in any of the recent past years?

I heard it was 230 last year...

So do many students skip lectures and watch at home? How many classes have mandatory attendance?

None of the lectures are mandatory, only small group conferences. Attendance varies widely from 25 - 75% depending on the course and lecturer.

I heard it was 230 last year...

yea it was 230. But remember USMLE scores are more about individual effort then anything the school can offer. As long as you go to a P/F school if you work hard, you will succeed. People who made the effort and started studying by Jan. averaged a 240, whereas people who waited until May to study scored quite a bit less. (this info is from a usmle survey all the third years take)

I was wait listed in January, should I have heard back if I was placed on the high priority list?

I was wait listed in January, should I have heard back if I was placed on the high priority list?

When I was waitlisted I was told in that same email that I was High priority

has anyone who was waitlisted before HP was established been notifed of placement on HP waitlist?

When I was waitlisted I was told in that same email that I was High priority

when you signed in to accept your waitlist position, did it say high priority anywhere on that page? I was waitlisted 2/1. thanks!

when you signed in to accept your waitlist position, did it say high priority anywhere on that page? I was waitlisted 2/1. thanks!

Sorry, don't remember the content of the site (I'm a first year at einstein now, so it was a while back). I can tell you that it said high priority both in the body and subject of the email I received telling me I was accepted.

Was anyone put on HP waitlist during the January 15th decisions?

I called the office and was told that both kinds of waitlists went out in January, but no one said anything about HP on sdn.

Confused :confused:

Was anyone put on HP waitlist during the January 15th decisions?

I called the office and was told that both kinds of waitlists went out in January, but no one said anything about HP on sdn.

Confused :confused:

Yea I'm confused too

Has Anyone from the 2/15 interview heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.