2010-2011 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
......make that 5 down! I got a call this afternoon. What a wait.....almost 2 years! Good luck to you lostking! And everyone else waiting or reapplying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

......make that 5 down! I got a call this afternoon. What a wait.....almost 2 years! Good luck to you lostking! And everyone else waiting or reapplying! :luck:

Congrats! And thanks for the luck!

Did they mention anything about numbers and where they were at with the process?

No not at all, and I didn't ask....though it totally crossed my mind. I had contacted Jason shortly after being alternate listed, and he had said to not expect to hear anything until June 1st....which makes me feel like they might be anticipating moving quite a ways down the list since they're already at least past 5 three days after the May 15th deadline. Hard to say....

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats EMD!!! :clap:

Congrats! And thanks for the luck!

Did they mention anything about numbers and where they were at with the process?

I'm still thinking happy thoughts for you! :xf::luck:

Thanks BWSTW! They still have a few more to get to me so it's going to take some doing haha oh geez this is going to be a long summer...

Thanks BWSTW! They still have a few more to get to me so it's going to take some doing haha oh geez this is going to be a long summer...

I'm still holding out for ya!

consolation prize... you're my classmate? :D On second thought... that's not much of a prize.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I've been checking up on this thread to try to stay up to date on this year's Wait list.

I'm #7, and I just e-mailed Sandy to see if I could get an update.

Her reply was basically that they've offered up to #5, and are currently full... so if someone withdraws from the class, or if one of the 5 people off the alt list were to withdraw, spots would open up at one of the campuses.

She also said they'd accept from the list up to July 22nd.

So, NOT the news I was hoping to get, but I'm still hopeful that two people are going to accept alt offers to other schools, etc.

I hope this provides some clarity for people who are waiting. Who knows how far they'll end up going down the list, but there's a chance that #5 could be the last lucky one.

Good luck to everyone!!!

KU Hopeful, good luck to you, there is still a lot of time and the waitlist could still move, it is early.

Also there is an easier way to check where KU is on the alternate list by checking your MEDS page that they sent in the email for you to fill out your secondary app. That way you don't have to keep emailing Dean McCurdy. You can just check that page and it will tell you what spot they will offer an acceptance to next. You may have already known this but from the sound of your post you didn't, so I would just keep checking that once a week or so to see where you stand. Again good luck!

I did know, but I'd been checking it repeatedly and only seen one status (#6 is next) so I didn't know if they'd started or finished in the short term.

Just thought people would like to get a sense of how the big picture is looking. Best wishes to us all.

Good luck KU Hopeful! You are so close!

Members don't see this ad :)
The next spot will be offered to number 7 so he/she will need one more person to drop out to get there. I'm number 10 so hopefully the list will keep moving along!:xf:

oh oops premature then :x
but still some hope as it's moved a spot.
good luck to the waitlisters:xf:

First thing I checked when I got home from teaching today... so close!!!

'Next offer to #7' has me feeling hopeful.

Good luck to you too Shortny, I've heard they expected to go as deep as 10-15 based on fewer original offers, and I was hoping it would move this week with more schools activating wait lists.

I'll definitely have my phone charged tomorrow...

First thing I checked when I got home from teaching today... so close!!!

'Next offer to #7' has me feeling hopeful.

Good luck to you too Shortny, I've heard they expected to go as deep as 10-15 based on fewer original offers, and I was hoping it would move this week with more schools activating wait lists.

I'll definitely have my phone charged tomorrow...

Congrats!!! #10 is next!! Anyone here #10?

Congrats!!! #10 is next!! Anyone here #10?

I'm number 10. know how 6 lived with this for so long. I've been next for about 20 minutes and I'm losing my mind!!! I will let you all know when (if) I hear anything. This could be the longest weekend of my life....

I'm guessing you'll hear late tuesday or early wednesday. :)

Good luck! It's very likely you'll be a doc!!

:)

I got the call this morning, and I just saw that #10 is next... with this much movement hopefully it'll move a little more!

Good luck to everybody!

KU here I come.

Congratulations EMD and KU Hopeful (change your name to KU Achieved!)!

See you guys in class.

Congratulations KU hopeful!
So is everyone's MEDS page gone now or just mine?! I tried to log in to see where they were but it looks like it may be gone for our application cycle now.

I think MEDS should still be up.

My understanding is that the wait list is open until July 22nd...

I'm number 10 on the WL and I just got the call! I was giving up hope and starting my Plan B but I'm in! I can't wait to meet you all next month!

Congrats! noticed that today on the MEDS page that it finally moved and was wondering when you would post. All the waiting paid off!

Congrats you guys!

and FYI my meds page is now down.

Congratulations Shortny!

Condolences to those who didn't get called on the waitlist...

shortny, I don't know if you have housing sorted, but I'm closing on a house right now (walking distance from campus) that has a lot of extra room, and I'll probably be looking for a roommate.

Let me know if you're interested or if you know of someone who would be.

My meds page is still active. I don't know if it's just because of the pre-matriculation surveys or if it's still active.

KU hopeful thank you so much for the offer, but I am probably going to buy a place out there too. I currently live in Arizona and I'd really like to get in-state tuition and I think the only way I can qualify at this point is to own a home. A friend of mine lives in KC and is a realtor so she's helping me find a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.