2010-2011 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who interviewed 11/1 heard back yet?! I'm dying to know!!!!!

I interviewed 10/4 and haven't heard. Expect a wait.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in all my application materials in mid-August, and yet, "it is unknown whether or not my application is complete" still. When I called to ask, I was told this was normal...

I sent in all my application materials in mid-August, and yet, "it is unknown whether or not my application is complete" still. When I called to ask, I was told this was normal...

Hmm that's a little strange, I submitted 8/5 and was complete 10/26. But things seem to be a little slow moving and random here, so I wouldn't be too concerned. Just annoyed maybe ;) We all have one or two schools that seem to have forgotten about us, but that probably haven't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone that interviewed on Oct 20th besides the one person that posted hear back yet?

For those of who are beyond the 6-8 week period from other interview dates...did you try calling them to see what is going on? Do people think this is a good idea?

Did anyone that interviewed on Oct 20th besides the one person that posted hear back yet?

For those of who are beyond the 6-8 week period from other interview dates...did you try calling them to see what is going on? Do people think this is a good idea?

I called yesterday and was informed that my application is going before the committee this week. I interviewed on 10/4.

Just received an interview invite today! I submitted on 9/1 and was complete 11/18. :)

Interview invite today too! =)

Complete 9/23 OOS

Interview invite today too!!!

Complete 12/06 OOS. So stoked!

I called yesterday and was informed that my application is going before the committee this week. I interviewed on 10/4.

Thanks Hamels. I actually ended up getting the packet in the mail today and I was accepted!!!! :thumbup::D:D:D:D

In State
MCAT:29R
GPA 3.94 Sci GPA 3.95
Lots of community service, research, and physician shadowing

Completed: 9/14
Interviewed: 10/20
Accpeted!! 12/6

So what's the best hotel to stay at if we don't stay with a student host? I remember people mentioning the Days Inn...is this the Hershey one? Is there a free shuttle to/from the airport and to/from the med school?

Any advice is much appreciated. :)

Just got the interview invite today but I am going to withdraw since I am set on my home state's med school. Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting for one because this school looks pretty darn nice.

Just got the interview invite today but I am going to withdraw since I am set on my home state's med school. Hope it goes to one of you guys waiting for one because this school looks pretty darn nice.

Man i wish i could turn down invites... congrats on your other acceptance.

Complete date by chance?

Has anyone else received a hold for further review letter in the mail? Anyone know the odds of getting an interview after this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Man i wish i could turn down invites... congrats on your other acceptance.

Complete date by chance?

Thanks.

I submitted in August and was complete around Halloween. Just keep on doing stuff that gets your app stronger throughout the year and let them know about it... Hope this helps and good luck to you!

Interviewed 9/17
Deferred sometime in late November
Accepted yesterday!

Really surprised by this one. My first interview went well, but I thought my second interview went terribly. I guess it didn't go that badly :)

quick turnaround for me, interviewed 11/15 and heard good news just yesterday. I am OOS by the way.

Interviewed 9/17
Accepted yesterday!

Really surprised by this one. My first interview went well, but I thought my second interview went terribly. I guess it didn't go that badly :)

Accepted yesterday
interviewed 11/3

Accepted yesterday
interviewed 11/3

do they snail mail you a big packet? or just a little letter?
I interviewed the week after you so I'm hoping to maybe get something soon? Just want to know what to look for.

Thanks!

Anyone interviewed on 11/1 with a reply?!?!?! A lot of people who interviewed after me seem to have gotten accenptances yesterday...nothing was in my mail!!!!

do they snail mail you a big packet? or just a little letter?
I interviewed the week after you so I'm hoping to maybe get something soon? Just want to know what to look for.

Thanks!

The acceptance letter comes in a white packet with a decent amount of paper in it. It includes information about housing, financial aid, immunization form, etc. It is not a normal sized letter.

Interviewed 11/15, OOS, accepted this weekend. I wasn't expecting a response this quick, but I am happy :)

11 weeks + 2 days, still no response. How is it possible that people who interviewed 6 weeks after me have heard before me???

Will be 15 weeks now since I interviewed and still haven't heard anything from Penn State. Called them and they say nothing's wrong. Coooooooooome Onnnnnnnn PSU, let me know anything already!

Will be 15 weeks now since I interviewed and still haven't heard anything from Penn State. Called them and they say nothing's wrong. Coooooooooome Onnnnnnnn PSU, let me know anything already!
I think they send rejections but do they send WL info now or at the end? or it might b a hold for later review which they dont inform of

Has anyone else received a hold for further review letter in the mail? Anyone know the odds of getting an interview after this?

I received the same letter. Don't know what are odds are but at least we haven't been rejected.

Hey I interviewed a week or so before thanksgiving and just got an acceptance email a few days ago for the MD/PhD program! Anyone else going to the MD/PhD there? still a little unsure if its the place for me but i'm really excited nonetheless! Im oos btw.

I received the same letter. Don't know what are odds are but at least we haven't been rejected.

I got the same letter too...like two months ago or something. Still no interview for me!

Hello everyone,
Finally got accepted!! yay!!! so excited. also I interviewed on 11/1 and received acceptance letter on 12/22.
I plan on going to Penn State, is ther anyone here who has finalized where they want to go? also is there a facebook site available for students going to Penn State next year.
best of luck to all

Hello everyone,
Finally got accepted!! yay!!! so excited. also I interviewed on 11/1 and received acceptance letter on 12/22.
I plan on going to Penn State, is ther anyone here who has finalized where they want to go? also is there a facebook site available for students going to Penn State next year.
best of luck to all

congrats! i was there on the 8th, hoping to hear something (anything) soon!

Hello everyone,
best of luck to all

I'm for sure going there. Congrats!

i got put on hold post interview. does that mean i have to wait until everything is over for an update? anyone get updated before that?

When did you interview? Did you get the hold via e-mail or snail mail?

samuraiR, I was there the 8th as well. I remember them saying 6-8 weeks, but the lady in the office said it would be closer to 9 weeks for us (I'm assuming because of the holiday). This should be the week. Good luck!

samuraiR, I was there the 8th as well. I remember them saying 6-8 weeks, but the lady in the office said it would be closer to 9 weeks for us (I'm assuming because of the holiday). This should be the week. Good luck!

i called after i posted. said my file has gone thru comittee and I should hear something soon. I asked if she knew what the status was... she fumbled a bit and said "we uh...cant tell u over the phone, just be patient"

didnt sound too excited or anything so maybe its a rejection or waitlist? Or maybe I am overthinking it... i dont know, but im nervous now

I interviewed on November 29th and I just received my acceptance letter in the mail (no email).

Good luck to everyone else :)

is there a difference between being put "on hold" or "wait list" at penn state?

After waiting exactly 14 weeks post interview, I was put on "Hold" yesterday via snail mail. Thanks PSU!

I interviewed 12/1, I wonder if I'll find out this week?

i feel like i received this letter ages ago :( still nothing since then from psu...

Interviewed 9/17
Accepted yesterday!

When you say deferred, do you mean you received the post-interview hold letter?

complete 10/25
interview invite 11/12
interview 12/1
Accepted today!!!!

stats: 32Q instate with lots of EC and 2 publications

Yeah, I got a letter saying the committee was deferring a final decision until later

Dear PSU,
Its been 10 weeks...tell me something please!

Thanks
-SamuraiR

My guess is that they made a decision, but that it got lost somewhere along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.