2010-2011 Penn State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewed 3/7; "hold list" letter arrived today. :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I'm withdrawing my acceptance here. Hopefully it goes out to one of you on the hold list. I was given a $7K scholarship, so that will also free up some funds. It's just too expensive for an OOS and I've luckily got options.

Good Luck

Hey everyone,

I'm withdrawing my acceptance here. Hopefully it goes out to one of you on the hold list. I was given a $7K scholarship, so that will also free up some funds. It's just too expensive for an OOS and I've luckily got options.

Good Luck

Awesome thank you - Hopefully they start accepting some of us hold list kids who are IN STATE! Where did you decide to go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thank you - Hopefully they start accepting some of us hold list kids who are IN STATE! Where did you decide to go?

It's down to Pitt, BU, or USF...still waiting on the fin aid packages :sleep:

When does Penn State send out its financial aid packages?

Hi is hold the same as waitlist here?

If you were interviewed here at Penn State, then the hold should be the same as the waitlist. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but the "Hold" should be given to someone pre-interview, and the "waitlist" is given to people who have interviewed.

FINALLY rejected pre-interview via snail mail today. I still don't understand why they do snail mail... an email would've sufficed and would've been quicker.

GL everyone! :luck:

Waiting for 3 more schools to reject me already so I can finally be done with applications!

Withdrew today and going to Thomas Jefferson instead. Good luck to everyone!!! (and don't lose hope, many people will be dropping soon...deadline is may 15th). So I'm sure the list IS moving!

Good Luck!!

Withdrew today and going to Thomas Jefferson instead. Good luck to everyone!!! (and don't lose hope, many people will be dropping soon...deadline is may 15th). So I'm sure the list IS moving!

Good Luck!!

I withdrew yesterday and I'll be attending JMC, as well! Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Hope you get my spot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone on the post interview hold list recently called admissions with regard to sending a letter of interest or intent? I know they say not to in the hold letter, but I have read and heard from others that they accept them around a certain point before or after May 15.

I withdrew yesterday and I'll be attending JMC, as well! Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Hope you get my spot.

hello my friends; i just withdrew as well, opting to stay in state. hope the waitlist fairy treats you well!!

Am I the only one constantly looking at this thread to see if there has been any waitlist movement at penn state recently? Is there anyone else that has gotten in off the waitlist since Monday? Anyone learn any other news on the waitlist?

right there with you...i called admissions about 2 weeks ago and they said waitlist movement will probably start towards the end of may. so hopefully by next week!

Accepted from the hold list today as well! Just got the call. I'm so freaking excited!

They called you? I figured they would send snail mail like usual

I was wondering if a current student or anyone who has checked out the Briarcrest or Rosedale apartments could give me some advice. There are only a couple of 1 bdrm units left in these complexes so I basically have to sign the lease without viewing them (the other places I called close to campus don't have any 1 bdrms left). Any major issues with either one of these places? Would you recommend one over the other? Thanks so much!

I was wondering if a current student or anyone who has checked out the Briarcrest or Rosedale apartments could give me some advice. There are only a couple of 1 bdrm units left in these complexes so I basically have to sign the lease without viewing them (the other places I called close to campus don't have any 1 bdrms left). Any major issues with either one of these places? Would you recommend one over the other? Thanks so much!

Are there still other apartments left there besides 1 bdrm units? Are they almost gone? I was accepted last Friday and haven't gotten my financial aid and housing package yet.

Are there still other apartments left there besides 1 bdrm units? Are they almost gone? I was accepted last Friday and haven't gotten my financial aid and housing package yet.

I think it's just the 1 bedrooms that are pretty much gone. I went ahead and put my "hold" deposit down on Briarcrest Gardens. Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't a mistake, but how bad can a place really be?

Tapepsi, looking through last year's thread and the FB page it seems like lots of people still are searching for roommates over the summer so I wouldn't worry about finding a place. BTW-Congrats on getting in! I was accepted last Friday as well!

I think it's just the 1 bedrooms that are pretty much gone. I went ahead and put my "hold" deposit down on Briarcrest Gardens. Keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't a mistake, but how bad can a place really be?

Tapepsi, looking through last year's thread and the FB page it seems like lots of people still are searching for roommates over the summer so I wouldn't worry about finding a place. BTW-Congrats on getting in! I was accepted last Friday as well!

I just got accepted yesterday!!! So now I need to find somewhere to live, too, haha. Where have you guys been looking up this information?

Congrats, camelback! I just called the places listed on the housing sheet that was in our interview day packet (they are listed on Penn State's website as well). You might also want to take a look at the facebook group because several people have posted looking for roommates.

I just got accepted today! I'm so excited:laugh:. The waitlist is clearly moving!

hey. third one is a charm. I got accepted today as well. I am really excited. Waitlist is generous is than other schools. To those on the waitlist, hang in there as mid-july is realistic deadline to hear anything.

Hey just got accepted yesterday as well! I was a hold student from 12/10 and finally heard back! Is the best place to find a potential roommate on the FB group?

Hey just got accepted yesterday as well! I was a hold student from 12/10 and finally heard back! Is the best place to find a potential roommate on the FB group?

Congrats to everyone who was accepted yesterday it was clearly a good day for many WLers. :thumbup:

Churchill1NGU FB is probably your best bet at this point. I know they are running out of on-campus apartments (if they're not all taken already).

Let's go Nittany Lions! :clap:

Congrats everyone - I'm still stuck in limbo. Got a call this morning from a 717 number, but it turned out to be a miss dial from some mulching company. What a tease.

Did the incoming call show up as a 717 number or a restricted number?

Congrats everyone - I'm still stuck in limbo. Got a call this morning from a 717 number, but it turned out to be a miss dial from some mulching company. What a tease.

Did the incoming call show up as a 717 number or a restricted number?

It showed up as a 717 number for me. Hopefully the next time you get a call from a 717 number it's the real thing!

Well wouldn't you know, they called me a few hours later! Definitely accepting. See y'all in august!

Status
Not open for further replies.