2010-2011 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to Mr. Mosely.

about 20 on the high waitlist and 50 on the other...Still not ranked.

When these things start moving, will you lurkers come out and say something??? LOL
:luck:

Edit: my apologies to Brooke2008. Clearly this process is turning me to near Charlie Sheen levels of crazy!! Sigh...

Was he able to clarify what the difference between high priority and regular waitlist was? (i.e. Does being ranked in the top ten percentile mean something?) :xf:

Alas, that is the big question on everyone's mind. I would venture out and say that if you are in the top 10%, you are pretty much high priority. Hopefully that will prove true in the immediate future!!:luck::luck::luck:

High Priority will get acceptances before anyone on the regular list. If you're apart of that group I'm pretty sure you're in unless little to no one turns Meharry down....which would be a sad sad thing for us Waitlisters *tear*:(

Ditto; I'm assuming >10% = HP, so if you are in that group, you will likely hear first from Meharry as positions become available. If HP and >10% are indeed two separate entities (and I sincerely hope they are not), HP will hear first, followed by >10%, then followed by the remaining waitlist.

Again, this is all speculation, take it as you will. But, I have not had the otherwise (>10% NOT = HP) indicated by either MMC or anyone on SDN, so with that I say, as always, KEEP THE FAITH!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm a bit skeptical of your comments (as I am about much of what is posted on SDN, so don't take it personal): 1) Mr. Mosley told you this over the phone? Usually schools do not release that sort of information (specifically where you are on the waitlist), period. 2) How are you #20 on the HP waitlist and #50 on the regular waitlist? 3) How are you #50 on the regular waitlist if you yourself admitted its not ranked yet? That doesn't wholly make sense to me. 4) I too hope people share when/if they hear news from Meharry! Best of luck everyone!! :xf::xf::xf:

I interpreted her comment to mean there are 20 applicants on the high priority waitlist and 50 on the regular and the lists are not ranked. He just gave her the number of people on the list. I could be wrong though.

I interpreted her comment to mean there are 20 applicants on the high priority waitlist and 50 on the regular and the lists are not ranked. He just gave her the number of people on the list. I could be wrong though.

If this is the case, I sincerely apologize :) no harm, no foul.

Members don't see this ad :)
not exactly sure but one of my friends got put on hold after interview and when she called they said that they were only reviewing her file for post-bac so my advice would be to call Mr. Mosley so you know exactly where you stand

Thanks. I have tried to email him a couple of times, but he hasn't responded. When I call he is never in his office. Do you know of a good time to call him?

Thanks. I have tried to email him a couple of times, but he hasn't responded. When I call he is never in his office. Do you know of a good time to call him?
when I called him a few weeks ago it was around 2/ 2:30 remeber the are an hour beyond in TN

Edit: my apologies to Brooke2008. Clearly this process is turning me to near Charlie Sheen levels of crazy!! Sigh...

Alas, that is the big question on everyone's mind. I would venture out and say that if you are in the top 10%, you are pretty much high priority. Hopefully that will prove true in the immediate future!!:luck::luck::luck:

Ditto; I'm assuming >10% = HP, so if you are in that group, you will likely hear first from Meharry as positions become available. If HP and >10% are indeed two separate entities (and I sincerely hope they are not), HP will hear first, followed by >10%, then followed by the remaining waitlist.

Again, this is all speculation, take it as you will. But, I have not had the otherwise (>10% NOT = HP) indicated by either MMC or anyone on SDN, so with that I say, as always, KEEP THE FAITH!!!:)

I think being in top ten percent is high priority because people were put on a waitlist that did not mention percentage at all. Also if the regular waitlist isnt ranked until april 15 then " being ranked in the top ten percent" has to be a different list than the regular waitlist..lets keep the faith and good luck eveyone!

Hey all!

This is my first post... yay.

AnyWHOM... I'm just wondering about the financial aid stuff! Does anyone know if there's a deadline for submitting that additional information they are requesting [after FAFSA submission]? It's attached to the email that has the financial aid aware notice(s). If I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of other schools should I wait orrrr....? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your response(s) ;)

What do you guys think of the possibility that there are people waitlisted (high priority or otherwise) that are also have multiple acceptances? That makes the number Mr. Mosley quoted possibly smaller. I was placed in the top 10% and idk bout y'all but 20 people is ALOT. Still, we will find out more after tomorrow, I wish everyone the best!

Thanx for interpreting me correctly. I was short but I thought I was clear...

Right now he said they're both in alphabetical order, not ranked by anything but last name. 2 separate lists. The HP (>10%) and the regular one. After the HP one is "ran through" then the other will become ranked and ppl will be pulled...

And that's all I have... There's my 2 cents for this good April 15....

Oh yeah and...:xf:DROP PPL! GO OTHER PLACES! LOL

I called his office for like a wk with no response then I grew balls (#pause) and just called his cell. No harm, no foul.

This is my first post and I admit that I am guilty of lurking for the past 3 weeks since I got an interview invite. I interviewed April 4th and got an email today saying I am recommended to be ranked in the top 10% waitlist. Don't know if that is the same as high priority or the ">10%" list. Good luck to everyone else that is anxiously waiting to hear news now that 4/15 has come and gone. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when we're supposed to send in the physical form? Or the MPN?

Send in the forms as soon as possible. Orientation starts in a little less than 2.5 months. You wanna get that out of the way

This is my first post and I admit that I am guilty of lurking for the past 3 weeks since I got an interview invite. I interviewed April 4th and got an email today saying I am recommended to be ranked in the top 10% waitlist. Don't know if that is the same as high priority or the ">10%" list. Good luck to everyone else that is anxiously waiting to hear news now that 4/15 has come and gone. :D
I am 99.9% sure High priority is the same as "less than 10%". From Last year's thread, the high priority was exhausted and a few from the regular waitlist used. Just make sure you keep showing interest so they know you are still interested even if you are in the HP list.

I interviewed at meharry and got accepted exactly 11 days later. I will be declining the acceptance and am actually a bit sad about that. On the bright side, someone else will get in, yay!!!

I interviewed at meharry and got accepted exactly 11 days later. I will be declining the acceptance and am actually a bit sad about that. On the bright side, someone else will get in, yay!!!

Thanks! When did you interview at Meharry? And if you don't mind sharing...which school did you decide to attend?

Thanks! When did you interview at Meharry? And if you don't mind sharing...which school did you decide to attend?

I interviewed on the 11th of march and got an email acceptance on the 22nd. I haven't made a decision about the school I'll finally attend. I'm torn between Stony Brook and Loma Linda. I'll wait for financial aid.

What do you guys think of the possibility that there are people waitlisted (high priority or otherwise) that are also have multiple acceptances? That makes the number Mr. Mosley quoted possibly smaller. I was placed in the top 10% and idk bout y'all but 20 people is ALOT. Still, we will find out more after tomorrow, I wish everyone the best!

20 ppl is alot but if Mr. Mosely is saying that a good number of ppl get off of the regular waitlist each then those of us on HPA have really good chance of ALL of us coming off. Keep the faith and keep praying!

20 ppl is alot but if Mr. Mosely is saying that a good number of ppl get off of the regular waitlist each then those of us on HPA have really good chance of ALL of us coming off. Keep the faith and keep praying!

How soon do people think Meharry may start contacting the waitlisted? To be more specific, does anyone think it will be before the standard May 15th deadline?

How soon do people think Meharry may start contacting the waitlisted? To be more specific, does anyone think it will be before the standard May 15th deadline?

A few people from last year's thread were contacted ~end of April. It really depends on the waitlist movement...

I interviewed on the 11th of march and got an email acceptance on the 22nd. I haven't made a decision about the school I'll finally attend. I'm torn between Stony Brook and Loma Linda. I'll wait for financial aid.

Go to Loma Linda (so I can get off the SB and MMC waitlists)! Just kidding (sorta)! But really, all are great choices and I wish you much success no matter what you decide! :)

I believe that MMC will begin contacting HP and regular WL students in the immediate future. 4/15 was the deadline for students holding acceptances from MMC to decide whether or not to matriculate. I don't imagine that all accepted applicants will attend MMC (see case in point above), so in all likelihood, spots have now opened up for the taking. So, as always, keep the faith & let's hope for some good news this coming week :luck::xf::luck:.

Edit: to answer your question, yes, I think some waitlisted folks should hear from MMC before the big 5/15 deadline. But this is all speculation. Take it as you will.

Congratulations on getting accepted to Loma Linda. I was really hoping to get accepted there but it was not to be. The major question with Loma Linda would be are you SDA or not? Okay attending mandatory chapel each week and being surrounded by health conscious vegetarians. I am not SDA but attended an SDA college and at times you can feel left out. Other than that it is a great school albeit very expensive. Don't forget to weigh in whether you can deal with the smog or not, LOL.

I spoke to Mr. Mosely today and he said that on April 15th, they had a certain amount of people pull out, and the number of accepted and interested people went down to 85, which is where they want it when its all said and done. Basically, the number didn't go down as far as they thought it would, and until more people decline from Meharry, the high priority wait list won't be touched. He said more movement will happen once other schools reach their decision deadlines, and that by May 15th we should hear something. He wouldn't tell me how they order the high priority waitlist but that there is some order to it. :scared:

I hope I made sense, and keep prayinggggg ( because i haven't stopped...)

edit: he also said that when a person is pulled off the high priority waitlist, they will be called by him, emailed, and receive a letter in the mail as well.

Wow, so quiet in here. I know no one has heard much but let's liven it up people. All of this waiting is driving me crazy and the lack of posts isn't helping any :scared:. Anyone wanna mention what they liked about Nashville or places they visited?

I went to a barbecue restaurant called Jim N Nicks when I was there and they bring you these melt in your mouth corn bread muffins with this honey butter that was amazing. Can't wait to get some more of that when I get in :love: .

I spoke to Mr. Mosely today and he said that on April 15th, they had a certain amount of people pull out, and the number of accepted and interested people went down to 85, which is where they want it when its all said and done. Basically, the number didn't go down as far as they thought it would, and until more people decline from Meharry, the high priority wait list won't be touched. He said more movement will happen once other schools reach their decision deadlines, and that by May 15th we should hear something. He wouldn't tell me how they order the high priority waitlist but that there is some order to it. :scared:

edit: he also said that when a person is pulled off the high priority waitlist, they will be called by him, emailed, and receive a letter in the mail as well.

85? But that still gives hope for 20 or more right? The class size is 105...

Confusing. Because of the 20 post bacs don't they only accept 85 anyway. So if some people dropped how can they still have 85? And what are interested people? Now i'm more worried. I don't just have to worry about the accepted people, I now have to worry about an unknown number of interested people? Then to the HP list of which we have no idea what order we are in. Yikes! :eek:

85? But that still gives hope for 20 or more right? The class size is 105...

Don't think so. From what I understand they take 85 regular acceptances and then the twenty or so post bacs from last year make up the difference to reach 105.

So...it sounds like they sent out more acceptances than their class size? And it seems like people with multiple acceptances are waiting for financial aid awards? Realistically we're looking at first week of May (up to and beyond the May 15th deadline). It still sucks to wait...I guess I had my hopes up b/c last year quite a people withdrew their acceptances around this time...
Ah well, lets keep hoping and praying for the best!

By "interested" i meant people who were both accepted and have not withdrawn from Meharry. He did admit that they accepted more people than their class size, it was something "new" they did this year. im just as frustrated as you all. im working on a plan C in case I don't get into Meharry or the postbacs that I'm eligible for.

edit: and yes the 85 are the new people. the extra 20 are reserved for this years postbac students who will matriculate with us (God willing) in the fall.

By "interested" i meant people who were both accepted and have not withdrawn from Meharry. He did admit that they accepted more people than their class size, it was something "new" they did this year. im just as frustrated as you all. im working on a plan C in case I don't get into Meharry or the postbacs that I'm eligible for.

edit: and yes the 85 are the new people. the extra 20 are reserved for this years postbac students who will matriculate with us (God willing) in the fall.

So at this point there maybe people who still hold multiple acceptances among the 85, that may still drop. What I'm confused about is that during our interview Mr. Mosley told us that by April 15th, Meharry would be in contact with these people to see what the deal was. (He made it sound like they absolutely had to make a decision by then)

Thanks for the info. LaDoctora 14

I'm being considered for the post-bacc offer. They sent an email on Monday stating that they'll give us a decision by May 17th regarding an interview, so it makes sense that they're prolonging this process just a lil more to await more withdrawals.

All we can do it pray and wait!! I've been doing that since August! Good luck to all of you!!:luck:

So at this point there maybe people who still hold multiple acceptances among the 85, that may still drop. What I'm confused about is that during our interview Mr. Mosley told us that by April 15th, Meharry would be in contact with these people to see what the deal was. (He made it sound like they absolutely had to make a decision by then)

I agree. During my interview it was made to seem like if they didn't make a decision by April 15th Meharry would maybe withdraw their acceptance. Now it seems like they will get until May 15th after all. Doesn't make sense since this is an early start school. :confused:

I reviewed last year's thread and it seems like the same thing was done last year. People were told that waitlisters had a good chance but when April 15th came most of the slots were still being held. I only saw a couple of posts of people getting acceptances between April 15th and the second week in May.

It sucks if they did accept more people than they had spots for, especially since we have no idea how many extras there might have been. Good luck to everyone out there that is still waiting to hear :xf:

Edit: see post below.

I am slightly unnerved that even after 4/15, the pool is 85. But I am hoping that some students will still decline, and significantly so as 5/15 approaches. I am also hoping that there will be a lot of movement among the waitlists. And if nothing else, I think that schools can increase their class size to a certain extent (10% or ~15 students, whichever is smaller) without jeopardizing LCME accreditation (http://www.lcme.org/classsizeguidelines.htm). Hint, hint Meharry , you can let us ALL in :D

But in all seriousness folks, let's not lose focus! Keep calm, but more importantly, keep the faith!! :luck::xf::luck:

@drjenjen: I agree lets keep this page alive! :)

Last edited:
Source: https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/recommendations/

"After May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), April 30 for MD-PhD programs, each school or program implement school-specific procedures for accepted applicants who, without adequate explanation, continue to hold one or more places at other schools or programs. These procedures:
a. May require applicants to:
1. Respond to acceptance offers in less than two weeks.
2. Submit a statement of intent, a deposit, or both."

i agree with everyone waiting is sooooooooooo nerve wrecking esp. since our hopes were up for this 4/15 deadline but even though that has come and gone not much has changed. yea guys lets continue to post on here bc its great to know that u r not alone anyway keep praying !

Just wanted to send some good vibes and to tell all the waistlisted applicants to keep the faith!

1. I believe Mr. Mosley is embellishing a bit because I doubt this is the first year they accepted more than their class size. All schools do it. Some up to 200% of the class size because they know that alot of people will withdraw.

2. Students cannot hold multiple acceptances after April 15th if they plan to go to Meharry BUT students can still remain on other waitlists. Other schools have until May 15th for students to hold multiple acceptances. So in theory, many of the people who were accepted to Meharry will be pulled off of other schools' waitlists and then they will withdraw from Meharry and you lovely waitlisters will be pulled off the list.

3. Stay in prayer and don't give up!

Last edited:
hey all! been accepted to the class of 2015! really excited, but housing situation has been on my mind...put in an app for royal towers in march..anyone know if there are apts still available, or if the housing office is gonna call if they open up?

hey all! been accepted to the class of 2015! really excited, but housing situation has been on my mind...put in an app for royal towers in march..anyone know if there are apts still available, or if the housing office is gonna call if they open up?

Congrats! Keep your fingers crossed for us waitlisters. When I interviewed in March, they told us that there was already a long waitlist for Royal Towers. Depending on when you put your app in, your chances might be kinda slim. Have you looked at off-campus housing?

hey thanks! best of luck to all you waitlisted people out there! you guys are troopers!

I did look into off campus housing...online! even signed up at aptselector. haven't had a chance yet to take a trip down to nashville to see for myself, so I could use some recommendations. Alot of the online reviews about some apartments close to campus are kind of depressing! I just want to live cock roach free!! Is that too much to ask?? haha

hey thanks! best of luck to all you waitlisted people out there! you guys are troopers!

I did look into off campus housing...online! even signed up at aptselector. haven't had a chance yet to take a trip down to nashville to see for myself, so I could use some recommendations. Alot of the online reviews about some apartments close to campus are kind of depressing! I just want to live cock roach free!! Is that too much to ask?? haha

I was accepted back in November 2010 and sent in my Royal Towers application then. I just received a call about a week ago letting me know that I was accepted to the Royal Towers but I doubt they have many more openings for people who were accepted after January 2011 cuz they are in such high demand! :(

I was accepted back in November 2010 and sent in my Royal Towers application then. I just received a call about a week ago letting me know that I was accepted to the Royal Towers but I doubt they have many more openings for people who were accepted after January 2011 cuz they are in such high demand! :(

hey congrats! that must be a huge relief. I'll try not to get my hopes up too high...it is what it is i guess!

oh does anyone know if we are getting laptops? it seems like they've been doing some type of laptop program in years passed.

hey congrats! that must be a huge relief. I'll try not to get my hopes up too high...it is what it is i guess!

oh does anyone know if we are getting laptops? it seems like they've been doing some type of laptop program in years passed.
Based on the tuition and fees schedule handed out during the fin aid presentation on interview, it includes laptop in the fees section. I dont know if its optional or not. I guess we shall see:shrug:

Based on the tuition and fees schedule handed out during the fin aid presentation on interview, it includes laptop in the fees section. I dont know if its optional or not. I guess we shall see:shrug:

It's not optional (or at least it has not been). Everyone is required to get one and it is automatically added to the fees. It supposedly comes with all the programs we need for school which is why it's so expensive I presume.

BTW: They are dell netbooks with little red button/cursor in the middle. I'm not looking forward to receiving one and I hope they chose a different one for us this year.

thanks for the info! my fin aid presentation was canceled on my interview day cause of the snow...glad i found this out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.