2010-2011 Georgetown Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
any of you guys think tmrw might be the day the CAP starts to move?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope some people surface out of the CAP soon
I was CAP'ed in November. Ms Sullivan said that Dr. Lauerman would review stuff in Janurary, so maybe CAP will move in Feb?

Last year, people were taken off the CAP in January. I was emailed saying they would start reading letters mid January, which is around now.

Last year, people were taken off the CAP in January. I was emailed saying they would start reading letters mid January, which is around now.

I thought that was the case too. but i guess not a lot of people who were accepted outright withdrew so they don't happen to have any spots to give out to the CAP (or that's what im thinking to be the case. Maybe this week :xf:

I thought that was the case too. but i guess not a lot of people who were accepted outright withdrew so they don't happen to have any spots to give out to the CAP (or that's what im thinking to be the case. Maybe this week :xf:

Last year they started pulling people from the CAP on Jan 15th, which is what I was told for this year too. There are two more days left this week...

Last year they started pulling people from the CAP on Jan 15th, which is what I was told for this year too. There are two more days left this week...

did you recently call and ask? or, is that from mrs. sullivan's email after you submitted the letter? i am getting so impatient... i submitted my letter in november and feel like ive been waiting forever. i LOVE georgetown.

did you recently call and ask? or, is that from mrs. sullivan's email after you submitted the letter? i am getting so impatient... i submitted my letter in november and feel like ive been waiting forever. i LOVE georgetown.

No I did not call, that is from the email and a quick glance at last year's thread. Granted, the 15th was a Saturday, but it is the 19th now...so much waiting.

No I did not call, that is from the email and a quick glance at last year's thread. Granted, the 15th was a Saturday, but it is the 19th now...so much waiting.

I know, the wait is killing me! Every time I get an email I practically hold my breath in anticipation. But alas, more waiting...

someone brave should give the office a call about the CAP

Hi guys, it's a bit late but my roommate just withdrew his interview for Jan 26. Not sure if they'll let someone else take it or when they'll update it in their system but if anyone wants to try and get an earlier day go ahead.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when the second look weekend is? i just got an invite for another school for april 28-29 and am praying georgetown's isn't that same weekend

accepted as well. interviewed same day. congrats!

Congrats to those who just received acceptances! I really hope they start giving some love to us CAP people soon...

For those accepted, when do we fill out the financial aid application?

For those accepted, when do we fill out the financial aid application?

On the day of the interview they said they wanted the FAFSA submitted by February 15th even if you didn't receive your decision yet.

On the day of the interview they said they wanted the FAFSA submitted by February 15th even if you didn't receive your decision yet.

Here is the financial aid website. It looks like there's a supplemental form to fill out as well, but I don't think the new version is available. (This one says 2010-2011.)

Here is the financial aid website. It looks like there's a supplemental form to fill out as well, but I don't think the new version is available. (This one says 2010-2011.)

Yeah I noticed that too.. and I wasn't able to talk to anyone in the financial aid office the whole week... kept getting voicemail.

im an international student, so theres no point of me filling out FAFSA right????

has anyone from CAP heard? or did anyone ever call and ask when CAP will hear? so impatient...

I just called the office and asked about the CAP, and the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know when it would move. He said it was still early and they haven't been reviewing the CAP people yet. No idea how long that means we still have to wait :confused:

Edit: if anyone cares, the guy I spoke had a heavy French (I believe) accent, so if anyone else happens to call you'll know if you talk to the same guy. Maybe another admissions office staff member would have a different answer about it.

Last edited:
I just called the office and asked about the CAP, and the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know when it would move. He said it was still early and they haven't been reviewing the CAP people yet. No idea how long that means we still have to wait :confused:

Edit: if anyone cares, the guy I spoke had a heavy French (I believe) accent, so if anyone else happens to call you'll know if you talk to the same guy. Maybe another admissions office staff member would have a different answer about it.

Thanks Juliedi! I was just about to call

Any accepted students get the info that they said would send out in mid-January?

After reading through this CAP drama, maybe the school is a little behind.

Any accepted students get the info that they said would send out in mid-January?

After reading through this CAP drama, maybe the school is a little behind.

Just a little.

i called them a couple of days ago and the guy on the phone (sounded like interview coordinator guy) said that they won't let people in until mid March. i don't know if he's kept in the loop about the whole CAP thing though so...

i called them a couple of days ago and the guy on the phone (sounded like interview coordinator guy) said that they won't let people in until mid March. i don't know if he's kept in the loop about the whole CAP thing though so...

Mid March?! Noooo! I hate this waiting thing...

I don't think I can wait that long, it's ridiculous.

Just fyi to accepted people:

I called the school, and they said info should be sent out in the next couple weeks.

Bummer about you guys waiting for CAP.

Would people already accepted mind putting their stats up?

Thought this might help people waiting in the CAP, I received this information when I contacted the admissions office.

Dr. Lauerman will begin re-reading the letters in mid-February to anticipate withdrawals. The letter writer pool is the sole source from which accepts are issued to replace those who withdraw.

Thought this might help people waiting in the CAP, I received this information when I contacted the admissions office.

Dr. Lauerman will begin re-reading the letters in mid-February to anticipate withdrawals. The letter writer pool is the sole source from which accepts are issued to replace those who withdraw.

Thanks for sharing this. So does this mean he's read through our letters already... but not accepted anyone (off the CAP) yet?

This process is long and kinda confusing. But I'm still keeping hope! :xf:

everyone at the admissions office seems to give a different answer each time. o well, time to wait it out and not expect anything

Just want to clarify, so this means if you didn't write a LOI when you were put in the CAP, you're not ever "really" considered to be taken out of the CAP?

Just want to clarify, so this means if you didn't write a LOI when you were put in the CAP, you're not ever "really" considered to be taken out of the CAP?

I believe that's the case.

I got an email from the Gtown admissions office while I was at work today, and when I saw it on my phone I almost **** my pants. But sadly, no acceptance off the CAP... they just wanted to respond to an email I'd sent them a few weeks ago that they forgot about for a while. But I'm telling you if, (er... when? please?) I do finally get accepted, I'm gonna be sooooo crazy happy!

I wonder what's going on in the admissions office- did they all go on vacation? It's crazy that they make us wait until a couple of months before we would have to move across the country to attend.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people were pulled off the CAP last year for acceptance? Any idea on how many people are offered a slot in the CAP. Is it truly considered "competitive" or is this their way of a modest rejection? Any thoughts are welcome!

Accepted last night via status page! Interviewed Fri Jan 14. Wow. I'm in shock at their speed.... they told us to wait until the 3rd week of March!!
good luck to all those still waiting

Does anyone have an idea of how many people were pulled off the CAP last year for acceptance? Any idea on how many people are offered a slot in the CAP. Is it truly considered "competitive" or is this their way of a modest rejection? Any thoughts are welcome!

I don't know any numbers or anything, but when I went for my interview I stayed in a house with 6 first-years, and 2 of them were accepted off the CAP. I also know of one other guy (friend of a friend) who was pulled in from the CAP last year. So that's at least 3 I guess? (Hopefully not the only 3...)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful; I really wish I knew more. But if anyone does know specific numbers of how many CAPers they accept, that would be really great.

If I'm interviewing in mid-March, am I just interviewing for a spot on the CAP or wait list?

Can anyone shed light on this? i'm interviewing mid-feb. am i just interviewing for a spot on the CAP or waitlist?

I think 80% or something of all applicants are put in the CAP. I interviewed in September and I am in the CAP. So you are 80% interviewing for the CAP. People who interviewed this year have been getting in, but not the majority. I don't think your chances are any worse than someone who interviewed in the fall, I think they are actually interviewing you with hopes that you will be better than some of us CAPers. If you like the school, go for it!

Accepted Students Visit Day: Monday April 4th, or Friday April 8th.

Anyone choose a date yet?

Thom, you do realize that I've been neurotically checking and rechecking this thread to see if anyone's been accepted from the CAP right? Thanks for posting that and getting my hopes up! (I hope you know I'm only kidding. Except for the checking neurotically part. :D)

Accepted Students Visit Day: Monday April 4th, or Friday April 8th.

Anyone choose a date yet?

Can't go to either:(

But, I will try and schedule an individual one at some point.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.