2009-2010 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what KU med's problem is with me but yes they did stick me back on the wait list. I did have an hour phone conference with the dean which was nothing but a useless waste of time. This time i'm 6th.
Considering I was 3 spots away from getting in last year, clearly their evaluation of me this year despite my application improving seemed to be bias and unfair. especially when reapplying with the same people I did last year except this time they got in and I didn't. doesn't quite make sense to me, but that's the way it is I guess.
Hope this year is a good one for the waitlist. It is really making my life quite difficult when it comes to my job, my lease, my loans, etc. everything. and 2 years in a row of this is just cruel.
Well that's good news about #1 on the waitlist.
I guess I may call in next week and see what they think is going to play out this summer. :xf:

Ya, the degree to which this process is based in subjectivity is not only alarming but very scary. Although, I don't have any idea how to do it differently. The difference between a few people in rank order is only by decimal points... Did I not smile enough? They only went to number seven last year...number eight, nine, and ten? Just short probably 0.02 points. Although I don't know anything about your application, I would at least hope they seriously re-evaluate reapplicants...and give them a considerable "Bump up" if improvements are made. Definitely more than a 10 to 6 waitlist spot.

Anyways, hope to see you in July.

UTKD

Members don't see this ad.

On a lighter note I did hear that the #1 on the waitlist
is going elsewhere which bumps everyone up a spot.

Good luck, maybe I was premature in my post.

UTKD - wasn't #1 on the waitlist your girlfriend?????
Everything ok?

:confused:

Everything's good. She's one more spot down on the waitlist. So, I think she's bumped up to number 1 now.

Ugh, this delay is causing so many problems.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
While we're on the topic of the wait list, does anyone know the answer to this question: When it says they went to "number 7" last year, does that mean that seven people were taken off the wait list or just that they made it to position #7?

While we're on the topic of the wait list, does anyone know the answer to this question: When it says they went to "number 7" last year, does that mean that seven people were taken off the wait list or just that they made it to position #7?

It means that seven people matriculated into the class and #8 was S.O.L.

Terrible News.

They're currently at 183 acceptances.

As of now they don't anticipate activating the waitlist at all.

This is absolutely awful.. :( I am so utterly disappointed. (As I know most of you will be) :(

PM me if you want me to copy the actual email.

Good luck everyone. As of now, it doesn't look like it's going happen this year.

As for my gf, well, she'll just have to wait by the phone and maybe just maybe get a call on July 21st.

Last edited:
You beat me to it I called in and got the same exact news. I still. Can't believe it. It's awful.
Terrible News.

This is absolutely awful.. :( I am so utterly disappointed. (As I know most of you will be) :(

Good luck everyone. As of now, it doesn't look like it's going happen this year.

As for my gf, well, she'll just have to wait by the phone and maybe just maybe get a call on July 21st.

Terrible News.

Oh man, that stinks! To be the next in line and not make it....ouch!

So how does it work when there are only a 175 slots and 183 people have accepted? Who are the 8 that will get the call, "um, yeah, that acceptance?we're going to have take that back"

Oh man, that stinks! To be the next in line and not make it....ouch!

So how does it work when there are only a 175 slots and 183 people have accepted? Who are the 8 that will get the call, "um, yeah, that acceptance?we're going to have take that back"

Well they can't take the acceptances back I am pretty sure. I think they have to let them in, however they'll be in big trouble b/c they're only licensed for 175. Although I'm sure they'll be fine, I think they're definitely going to accept a lot less than 205 next year.

Last edited:
I asked a while back and i was told they over accepted by 35 people. Jason also said that no one before me on the waitlist dropped. (I didn't specifically ask about #1) so I'm not sure where you heard it UTKD but maybe you can call in and verify - not that it makes a difference anyways I guess.
Also I forgot to ask how many students are holding multiple acceptances. maybe that information will also help in determining if us waitlisters really are SOL.

Well they can't take the acceptances back I am pretty sure. I think they have to let them in, however they'll be in big trouble b/c they're only licensed for 175. Although I'm sure they'll be fine, I think they're definitely going to accept a lot less than 205 next year.

I asked a while back and i was told they over accepted by 35 people. Jason also said that no one before me on the waitlist dropped. (I didn't specifically ask about #1) so I'm not sure where you heard it UTKD but maybe you can call in and verify - not that it makes a difference anyways I guess.
Also I forgot to ask how many students are holding multiple acceptances. maybe that information will also help in determining if us waitlisters really are SOL.

Well the #1 is supposed to be going to UNC, but I am not absolutely 100% positive. You could probably e-mail and ask how many people are currently holding multiple acceptances. Eight people is still a lot to go. Last year they were already accepting #1 and moving to #2. They only went to #7 last year. It looks like, at the very best, KU might get lucky and only have to admit 176 people this year. I think my gf would have rather have been #17 and known she had no chance than be #2 when they waaaaay over accepted. If the waitlist movement was very slow last year, why oh why did they over accept by so much.

Last edited:
What are the seven stages of the grieving process again?

1. Denial
2. Denial
3. Denial
4. Anger
5. Anger
6. Denial
7. Accepted on July 21st?

...this can't be right..

Anybody with multiple acceptances should have dropped all but one at this point. The deadline was May 15, after which you could lose an acceptance for not dropping to one. I believe that people with multiple acceptances after this date (because they were released from a waitlist) have a couple of weeks to make their decision. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder when we are going to get these tablet pc's.. How much are they gonna set us back again?

Nope! I read it and thought.... AWESOME! A fellow math nerd!

Although I usually write it as: 2.5 E 3 since, ya know, "x" usually gets confused for a variable in engineering equations. ;)

So now that the waitlisters are screwed, could some of you re-applicants tell me how you went about talking to dean mccurdy about your application, what questions are important to ask, and what the conversation is like?

PM me if you could.

Thanks,

UTKD

Last edited:
Actually I would love to hear the answer to UTKD's question as well if people don't mind posting on the site instead of PM.

I'm just wondering if I should submitt my application now to get it in early if that was part of my problem last year or if I should talk to Dean McCurdy before reapplying... any thoughts would be appreciated!

Actually I would love to hear the answer to UTKD's question as well if people don't mind posting on the site instead of PM.

I'm just wondering if I should submitt my application now to get it in early if that was part of my problem last year or if I should talk to Dean McCurdy before reapplying... any thoughts would be appreciated!

It depends, were you high waitlist, low waitlist, or rejected?

I would say if it's the last two you should definitely to talk to her before you resubmit. The latter two would indicate that you would need to make some serious modifications and revisions to your application before applying.

I was top 30 on the waitlist so whatever you consider that and I applied fairly late in the cycle last year.

Do you have to have your MCAT score to submit your application, or can you submit the app then add the score afterwards?

Do you have to have your MCAT score to submit your application, or can you submit the app then add the score afterwards?

Nope. You can submit any time. It will add your MCAT score once it's back. That's how I did it - took the MCAT on May 28 and submitted on June 10-ish for EDP. The MCAT score didn't come back until July 1-ish but everything worked out.

:luck:

Nope. You can submit any time. It will add your MCAT score once it's back. That's how I did it - took the MCAT on May 28 and submitted on June 10-ish for EDP. The MCAT score didn't come back until July 1-ish but everything worked out.

:luck:

Thanks! I am debating if I want to submit it now, or wait for my score. I'm afraid if I don't get a 28 I will be bumped into the bottom of the regular decision pool, whereas if I wait I will know if I made ED and if not, I can get into the top of the RD pool. decisions decisions

So now that the waitlisters are screwed, could some of you re-applicants tell me how you went about talking to dean mccurdy about your application, what questions are important to ask, and what the conversation is like?

PM me if you could.

Thanks,

UTKD

Sorry to hear about that, UTKD... although my fingers are still crossed for her! :xf:

I have no problem telling you about my story. I applied for the 2009 cycle almost as an afterthought. I wasn't going to apply for that cycle as there was NO way that, if accepted, I would've been able to start in 2009. After talking to a resident for quite a while about how much KU likes reaplicants, I changed my mind. I figured that, on the off chance I was accepted, I could possibly defer my start date. I decided I was going to apply about 1 week before the AMCAS deadline, turning my AMCAS as well as my secondary applications in on their respective due dates (not a whole lot of heads up time for my letter writers).

I was shocked to wake up on 1/1/09 (fairly well hung over) to find an interview invite awaiting me in my inbox! I attended my interview, felt very good about it - very laid back, a lot of the "normal" questions, which I felt like I nailed. Was placed on hold, which I was expecting as my grades are subpar to say the least! I was then rejected after all the interviews. No wait list for me!!

I sent an email to Jason Edwards and set up a phone conference with Dean McCurdy. I had a few questions ready for our conversation, such as "What was my biggest weakness?", "What can I do to show my persistence and commitment?", etc. It ended up being a very laid back conversation where she proceeded to read through some of the notes that my interviewers had taken. She gave me a few things to work on (e.g. more community experience), told me some other things that I didn't need to worry about (e.g.taking more classes to improve my GPA - my overall was bad, but I had a big upswing over the last several years). I felt the whole conversation was VERY helpful. I focused on the things that she told me to, applied again, had a HORRIFIC interview, and still managed to get an acceptance!

I hope that this helps out. If anybody has any specific questions, feel free to post them or send me a PM.

Thanks, and good luck to everybody still trying to get a spot! Never give up trying!

-RT2MD

Thanks! I am debating if I want to submit it now, or wait for my score. I'm afraid if I don't get a 28 I will be bumped into the bottom of the regular decision pool, whereas if I wait I will know if I made ED and if not, I can get into the top of the RD pool. decisions decisions

This is just my advice - but, I'd submit now. Last year the people who found out they were not going to be interviewed EDP found out really quickly - and it seemed to me they all got October-ish interview dates, which is the beginning of the regular cycle.

EDP was very much worth it, IMO. But I knew 100% that I wanted to go to KU... so..... take it for what it's worth. :)

This is just my advice - but, I'd submit now. Last year the people who found out they were not going to be interviewed EDP found out really quickly - and it seemed to me they all got October-ish interview dates, which is the beginning of the regular cycle.

EDP was very much worth it, IMO. But I knew 100% that I wanted to go to KU... so..... take it for what it's worth. :)

Thank you for your advice. KU is definitely where I want to be and part of the reason I want to do ED.

Do I have to have all my transcripts and LOR's sent in before I can submit?

Thank you for your advice. KU is definitely where I want to be and part of the reason I want to do ED.

Lol, yes. Absolutely everything except the MCAT must be received before you can submit. After you submit there is very little that AMCAS allows you to change.

For EDP you don't get a leg up on the competition by applying early. As long as you make the early decision deadline it doesn't matter. However, for regular decision it matters a GREAT DEAL.

As Engineer said, she'd just submit your app now (with everything else finalized) and just wait for the MCAT to come in. It's not like you're going to be able take it again before the EDP deadline anyways. Otherwise, if it's horrible you can take it again and submit it before your regular decision interview.

I figured I would need to have everything sent in, but wanted to double check. I thank you for your advice and will be submitting my app very soon!

Here's mine. Anybody who has read it 17 times feel free to stop, but it may help to repost it here people don't have to search for it.

Let me preface this story with a little factoid of my undergraduate experience. I was fortunate to have my parents pay for my school so I did not need loans. However, I had a serious girlfriend (now my lovely wife) going to KU and I did not want to live in another city. So I had to pay my own way as far as living expenses. To accomplish this I worked at Dillon's during my first two years of college about 30 hours per week (many weeks it was 40). During my Junior year, a job at Lawrence Memorial Hospital more or less fell into my lap through a curious set of circumstances and I scaled back Dillon's to 25 hours a week so I could get in the medical experience and hours at LMH. My weekly total was still around 35 hours, and I worked 12 out of every 14 days for two years. Toward the end of my junior year I also managed to get another job which was supposed to be temporary in Kansas City and I am still at and wrapping up in the next month to go to school. So for my Senior year, I was doing three jobs in two different cities while attending school in a 3rd. At this point, I'm more like 45 hours per week. After I graduated, I immediately began taking classes at KU that I did not have a chance to at my school. Attending a small liberal arts college meant little choice for some classes. I had some classes that I had to have and were only offered once during my four years there. So I took things like Microbiology, Calculus, Cell Bio, Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Genetics at KU. I don't post that to make you feel sorry for me, just for some perspective.

In light of all these other time commitments, I took 15-16 hours of pre-med classes each semester and always attended Summer school sessions. I was very persistent and driven to finish in 4 years because that is all my parents would pay for. So in four years I did manage to graduate with a B.S. in Psychology and I double-minored in Chemistry and Biology. With those time commitments plus significant travel time between all my jobs, I managed a pretty decent GPA. Not top notch by any means, but considering I effectively lost 40 hours (on a light work week) to 55 hours that all my pre-med classmates had, I felt I was really showing something to the committee. If I could do as well as I did missing so much time, just think of where I could have been if someone handed my 40 extra hours per week to study? You get my point.

On to the MCAT. Round 1 was my junior year, April of 2005. I took a prep class from a lady named Mary Dunkin at KU. It was helpful but I never studied. When could I? I basically showed up on Saturdays, struggled to remember what I had been taught in class and then went home well as you can imagine, it did not go so well. I think I got 19 or so. I did not apply.

Round 2 I believe was April of 2006. Refer to a few paragraphs ago about time my Senior year. I took a prep course online through Kaplan which I was more diligent in and performed quite a bit better and went ahead and applied with that. I was rejected outright. I called and spoke with Sandy and she gave me some thoughts but they weren't real helpful that particular time as I already knew them. Raise your GPA, raise your MCAT score, no community service. So I set about tackling those things that were holding me back so next time, they'd have to pick some other reason not to let me in. I got involved with a soup kitchen and with Habitat for Humanity in Lawrence where I actually had two significant roles with some previous construction experience.

I had listened to Dean McCurdy speak a few times before I applied--once at my school, once at KU, another time at KU Med. Each time is was asked (and not by me interestingly) how they view people with jobs. She said there is no way they can say someone with a 4.0 who does not have to work is any better than someone who is 3.5 and does have to work. I kind of assumed based on that information that they would see my file, see my time commitments and understand any shortcomings. No such luck and I would not count on that if you were thinking you would.

Round 3 was actually computerized and I took it in June of 2007 I think. This time I went with Exam Krackers which I really liked and I should have done better but actually scored one point less then round 2 and thus did not apply.

Round 4, yes I know...R-O-U-N-D 4 was in June of 2008 through Exam Krackers also. However, this time I really dedicated myself to it more than I ever had and did it every pay off. I blew my other MCATs out of the water all the while taking a class or two per semester, working 40 hours per week and commuting. However, now with only one job and one or two classes, my grades were excellent and I slowly pulled my GPA up by 0.01 points per 3 hour "A."

During these rounds, I'd me remiss if I failed to mention that is was the most difficult years of my life. Telling people what I want to do and be and then looking them in the eye for the third time and saying, "No, I didn't get in again. Ill try again next year," was difficult to say the least. I had people telling me to go for PA or be a nurse so you can at least be in the medical field, but that was not what I wanted and I knew that so I pushed on.

Most everybody on here knows the story from this point. I applied again, got an interview which I thought went really well. I was wait listed at #9 and given the list of people taken off the WL since 2000 where the average over 9 years was 32 and change and I was elated. The comes the great news that they called 7 people off the WL and they were ready to call #8 when the first day of classes started. I was so close I could taste it so you bet I applied again. This time I called again and Dean McCurdy sounded very apologetic to me on the phone. She read me my comments from my interviewers who all gave me excellent marks and it effectively came down to the subjective nature that was spoken of before, a few people were a few hundredths of a point higher so I was #9 instead if #7 and was left out. I was also rejected without interview from Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and University of Illinois at Chicago. I was offered an interview at Rosalind Franklin University but it was so late in the cycle I had figured I would not want to there even if I were accepted. KU was my dream school.

After that application cycle I finished my genetics course and applied again, I was also fortunate to have my letter writers stick with me the whole time. They believed in me more than I did sometimes and I can't thank them enough. I actually applied EDP per Dean McCurdy's advice on the phone call and did not get an interview (which was shocking to me, to say the least). but I was in the first batch of regular decision and was accepted two weeks after my interview. Let me say that the acceptance letter (which is still hanging on my wall framed, yes I'm cool) made all the heartache worth it.

I'm sorry if this was like 2500 words more than what you wanted but I have been in your shoes before and this is the type of answer I would have liked. As detailed as possible. You can PM me if you want to send me some hate mail or if you have any other questions.

This is great. I can't imagine that future threads will have much to talk about since this year almost everything has been covered from EDP, to regular decision, and to the woes of the waitlist.

Thanks for this, Jaydoc

Thanks Jadoc, and congrats on your acceptance. You truly are an inspiration to the rest of us!

Ok, now that you are all accepted and will be starting classes soon - you'll have to post to the KU Class of 2014 thread!

Great info guys! To all of the acceptances.....how much physician shadowing did you guys do? Please share some details.....much appreciated! That's about the only thing that keeps me from being accepted......I really hope! lol

Last edited:
I didn't do a lot of just shadowing since I've worked in the medical field for a while. I tied the bulk of my volunteer time into working with physicians and I think that was one of my stronger points. I volunteered in a free clinic, so every night I was working with physicians from many different specialties. It was the first thing they asked about in my interview and I feel it really helped to broaden my understanding of dealing with patients with multiple providers, as well as get more hands-on experience.

NO. I didn't have all of my stuff in when I hit submit. I submitted, and then as everything arrives, AMCAS sends you an e-mail. I'm not sure how UTKD did it, but I sure didn't have it all there.

The letters don't ACTUALLY have to be there until about Sept 1 anyway. I think transcripts are needed to verify and process your application though, so get those in quick!

But you can submit any time.

After reading many of the stories/experiences posted here, I am once again humbled at the fact that I was accepted. The class of 2014 is going to be an awesome class!

My physician shadowing experience wasn't more than 50 hrs. I suppose what helped me is my time in the field of education and serving in that capacity as well as working for the hospital as a tech/secretary/telemetry monitor. I continue to volunteer as an EMT for 24-36 hrs/wk as well.

Our class certainly sounds eclectic. 44 days- cannot wait!

jaydoc- I admire your persistence. Much respect.

Great info guys! To all of the acceptances.....how much physician shadowing did you guys do? Please share some details.....much appreciated! That's about the only thing that keeps me from being accepted......I really hope! lol

Honestly? I think I did one evening where I shadowed a Peds doc at CMH for about 4 hours. Seriously.

Having a job in surgery at a local hospital really helped, I could convince them that I did know about the medical field and I did know what I was getting into. (I think that's all they want anyway) Plus it made for great LOR's.

I always have some small community service thing going on - my husband and I are big on "giving back" even if it's just a few hours here and there.

So as far as "shadowing" and "community service" I didn't have HUNDREDS of hours I could count, like a lot of applicants.

I think what they liked about me - and this is just a guess - is that I had a whole other CAREER prior to doing a post-bacc and applying. I spent 3 years with a large coorporation doing engineering work for the government before I switched gears. I had 2 degrees and a full taste of "the real world" as a professional. And I had been successful. I think that made me stand out in the sense of "She isn't going to be worrying about studying vs partying - she's worked in an academic setting before and she isn't going to be intimidated by the system."

Soooo, it sounds weird, but I didn't worry too much about the fluff - if you can call it that. I went for quality (how can I get a good experience while still being able to pay my bills and get to class) over quantity. :)

Yeah, seriously Jaydoc, WOW. What an amazing story!!!

The only thing (besides my MCAT score) I am concerned about, is my community service. I have been volunteering at a hospice since January but that is about all I can find time for, or that fits into the very small time frame I have open. I also live in one community and work in another so it's hard to figure out what to do.

Another question for you folks! I'm a pain, I know.... When you put in your work/activities, under the explanation - did you just explain what you did or did you go into detail about what you learned and how you'll be a better doctor because of the experience? I'm not sure what KU prefers, simple descriptions, or mini personal statement.

Another question for you folks! I'm a pain, I know.... When you put in your work/activities, under the explanation - did you just explain what you did or did you go into detail about what you learned and how you'll be a better doctor because of the experience? I'm not sure what KU prefers, simple descriptions, or mini personal statement.

I explained most of my work/activities in depth because the interviewers will not be able to speak with you about every single one of them, so it is best to have a detailed description in your file. I would try not to go too in depth with work/activities that you are not wanting to emphasize... make the important ones really stand out. Personally, I did not go into how it would make me a better doctor.. Sandy explained that my descriptions were sufficient and I stuck to three rules.. 1) Clear 2) Concise and 3) Flows

When you interview, I would suggest not reciting any of what you had written word-for-word.. what they really want is a conversation and not a rehearsed speech (I learned this the hard way :smack:....)

Good luck!

NIce! ThankS and Great work guys!.........now lol, you guys have an idea what you want to do yet? If you have 15 mins....I think you should definitely take this test and find out what specialty might match up with your personality lol........took me 15 mins to do it lol....and be honest with the test too! http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/specialties/ It's the Virginia Medical Specialty Aptitude test......my #1 match is Diagnostic Radiology, which is one of my big interests! lol

There were a lot of repetitive questions on that test. My top rank specialty was hematology; next was general surgery. Without being exposed to many fields of study, I have no clue what I'm interested in, but I enjoyed an internship in orthopaedic research over one summer. Orthopaedics was at the bottom. :laugh:

NO. I didn't have all of my stuff in when I hit submit. I submitted, and then as everything arrives, AMCAS sends you an e-mail. I'm not sure how UTKD did it, but I sure didn't have it all there.

The letters don't ACTUALLY have to be there until about Sept 1 anyway. I think transcripts are needed to verify and process your application though, so get those in quick!

But you can submit any time.

I agree; I submitted before they received my transcripts. You can submit whenever you have input everything and before AMCAS receives the transcripts. They'll verify your courses once they get all the transcripts and let you know what they changed. Also, given that they have all the LoR's assigned to KU, they'll electronically send your app.

NIce! ThankS and Great work guys!.........now lol, you guys have an idea what you want to do yet? If you have 15 mins....I think you should definitely take this test and find out what specialty might match up with your personality lol........took me 15 mins to do it lol....and be honest with the test too! http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/specialties/ It's the Virginia Medical Specialty Aptitude test......my #1 match is Diagnostic Radiology, which is one of my big interests! lol

I took the test and my first choice of specialty (EM) came in third. Not bad, but the two above it I have NO interest in. Pathology? I would lose it sitting in a lab looking at slides all day.

lol I like emergency medicine too but it was in the middle of the my list

Sorry, I think that I'm going to post quite a bit here - been at work and didn't want to type all of this in from my phone!

Drak:
I didn't do any "official" shadowing. I work in an academic hospital and interact a lot with the physicians I work with. I guess I would have to say I have close to 10,000 hours of shadowing. :laugh: I also volunteered at a clinic close to my house. I think that the committee just wants to be sure you really know what you are getting into.

laryngo:
I agree, I think that we are going to have an interesting, and fun, class. Can't wait to get it started! I have a countdown app on my phone!

BWSTW:
I think that the community involvement is key here. I don't think that you have to go overboard on hours, though. I was told by Dean McCurdy to find a "project" to be involved in. I think that it is important to find something that means a lot to you, and shows some altruistic qualities.

When I reapplied, I had added 2 main things to my application: 1) I was working with some other RTs to develop an asthma education program for underserved schools. I was fairly heavily involved in this, and it mirrored my work (although it was strictly volunteer). 2) I was volunteering at a clinic right near my house as a respiratory therapist. I had also procured some spirometry equipment so as to be able to do some basic lung function tests. I found a pulmonologist that was willing to interpret the tests for free. I think that these things were key in getting accepted.

As far as work/activities goes, I agree 100% with jnmpc here. I went for clear, concise answers that would fully explain my activities. That way the committee would have a full explanation of each activity if there was any question. I also did not relate everything to how I was going to be a good doctor. I was asked about them during my interview, and I did not read what I had typed - I made it much more conversational in nature.

Jaydoc:
I still can't believe that story! It is impressive to say the least. I was reading through it, thinking to myself "Would I have been able to hold on to that dream?" I think it says a lot for your character that you are here! Congrats again to you! I look forward to being your classmate! :thumbup:

Hmmm, the things I'm interested in are at the bottom of the list. Some of those questions were hard to answer without actually being in medicine and dealing with patients. Very interesting though.

So... anybody gotten on the MEDS page recently? I happened across it and noticed that it had a button to enter some pre-matriculation information in (how many seats you were going to need for white coat ceremony, coat size, etc.)

I also noticed that in the message board, it said:
"Dear Alternate: At this time, we do not expect to activate the alternate list before classes begin in July. Thank you, Sandy McCurdy 6/9/10"

Hrmm... that's funny... I coulda sworn that letter said "accepted". :eyebrow:

Being the neurotic pre-med (I guess we are still called "pre-med") that I am, I emailed Jason Edwards to double check that this was an error. I feel bad bothering him, but with the class being so full, I have convinced myself that the whole thing is going to blow up in my face and I'm going to end up rejected! :barf: Anybody else have the same problem?

So... anybody gotten on the MEDS page recently? I happened across it and noticed that it had a button to enter some pre-matriculation information in (how many seats you were going to need for white coat ceremony, coat size, etc.)

I also noticed that in the message board, it said:
"Dear Alternate: At this time, we do not expect to activate the alternate list before classes begin in July. Thank you, Sandy McCurdy 6/9/10"

Hrmm... that's funny... I coulda sworn that letter said "accepted". :eyebrow:

Being the neurotic pre-med (I guess we are still called "pre-med") that I am, I emailed Jason Edwards to double check that this was an error. I feel bad bothering him, but with the class being so full, I have convinced myself that the whole thing is going to blow up in my face and I'm going to end up rejected! :barf: Anybody else have the same problem?

I looked and mine has the same notice. But it's in the general info area and not the stuff that's specific to the applicant so I think we're ok. They probably just posted it as a general notice. And, I emailed Jason last week so you're not the only one. I hadn't heard back about my final transcript, and of course, being a paranoid pre-med need to triple check my status. I'm sure he just loves all of us right now. That was in and I finished my physical and immunization stuff today so I'm inching closer to completion, but still nowhere near comfortable.

I looked and mine has the same notice. But it's in the general info area and not the stuff that's specific to the applicant so I think we're ok. They probably just posted it as a general notice. And, I emailed Jason last week so you're not the only one. I hadn't heard back about my final transcript, and of course, being a paranoid pre-med need to triple check my status. I'm sure he just loves all of us right now. That was in and I finished my physical and immunization stuff today so I'm inching closer to completion, but still nowhere near comfortable.

Yeah, he emailed me back and I'm feeling much better now... 42 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.